The EU SNP and much else

Started by Sheepy, February 05, 2022, 04:44:05 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 06, 2022, 11:03:26 AM
You shouldIs it? Tell that to the civil service and the remainers in westminster

See answer no1 oh and 2.

Keep telling you may had no deal.......and the oven ready comment is one in a long line starting with the side of a bus.

Cromwell, Brexit was never about sovereignty. It was about handing it back. People might be angry because they don't understand as an island we get most of out shit from around the world. The Channel crossing is the busiest on the planet and we need to trade with the EU for many of the things we buy and also because thee Channel link also supplies stuff to us that doesn't originate in Europe. I really struggle to understand why anyone was expecting the EU to just roll over. The bigger market always has the upperhand. Frost wouldn't have given anything away if he could have got away with it and that is just the way it is.

As for BoJos and Mays deal, they are similar in everything except in checks and red tape. Under Mays deal we would have aligned with the EU standards until we had an alternative system which was suppose to be electronic checks very much like how you would track your post. But the fear was the EU would drag their feet. Well evidently they wouldn't given they aren't now. They have no obligation to sort out BoJos mess given BoJo signed up to the mess to begin with. Clearly he didn't understand what he agreed to and the EU just want to move on. So whilst we STILL have aligned EU standards, where nobody seems any of the wiser, you have to ask where would we be had Brexiteers just backed Mays deal. My guess, we wouldn't be talking about Brexit actually.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on February 05, 2022, 09:19:06 PM
Will claiming that Britain has benefited from Brexit count as spreading false and harmful information ?
Well upon close inspection it is a blatant lie.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 05, 2022, 11:36:45 PM
Well you're right I don't get it.
You should
QuoteBrexit has happened, you won, it's over.
Is it? Tell that to the civil service and the remainers in westminster

QuoteIf there are battles to be won, I don't know what they are.

See answer no1 oh and 2.

QuoteBoris has signed the oven ready deal and it seems he needs the EU to fix his mess over Ireland... a mess it should be said that would have been irrelevant under Mays deal.
Keep telling you may had no deal.......and the oven ready comment is one in a long line starting with the side of a bus.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 05, 2022, 11:30:33 PM
We haven't won......yet
Fought a battle and got the vote,it's the liars who said they accepted the vote but who never did we need to beat to win,and still you don't get it.
Well you're right I don't get it. Brexit has happened, you won, it's over. If there are battles to be won, I don't know what they are. Boris has signed the oven ready deal and it seems he needs the EU to fix his mess over Ireland... a mess it should be said that would have been irrelevant under Mays deal.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 05, 2022, 11:19:10 PM
The side of the bus gets mentioned because it was a lie Cromwell.
Campaigning for a vote and people lied,so did remain only you didn't notice.

I'm talking of govt and policy lies.

QuoteI don't know why you voted for Brexit,
So you didn't read a word I posted

Quotebut it seems you are happy with your choice. I suspect that isn't the case for many. But whatever, you won so how exactly has things worked out for you?
Happy I voted leave? Sure am

We haven't won......yet
Fought a battle and got the vote,it's the liars who said they accepted the vote but who never did we need to beat to win,and still you don't get it.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 05, 2022, 11:05:31 PM
Mays brino,nah waste of time.

The mistake you make is still parroting the side of a bus,I haven't met one person who voted leave who did because of that.

You (and others) keep quoting lies,as said we've been lied to for decades which is why we voted leave and not because of slogans on a bus.

The side of the bus gets mentioned because it was a lie Cromwell. So if have been lied to for decades, it seems you continue to be lied to. But in any case, Mays Brino was merely Johnsons oven ready deal but a change of sea border and less red tape. It would have meant some regulation alignment until a system could been put in place but at the moment of writing, Boris hadn't removed any EU regulations and nobody has been any of the wiser. I don't know why you voted for Brexit, but it seems you are happy with your choice. I suspect that isn't the case for many. But whatever, you won so how exactly has things worked out for you?

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 05, 2022, 10:56:11 PM
I wonder if it is possible to blame Remainers in Westminster for the mess that is going on today. Brexiteers after all could have supported Mays deal and the ordeal would have been over way back when. The Backstop did after all require no checks between the UK and NI and the idea the EU couldn't find a solution or the EU would drag their feet seems far fetched given the amount of effort they are putting into trying to help the UK over the Irish border today.

When the analysis look back at Mays and Boris's deal, they will always say Mays deal would have been better for us, the Irish and the EU and the mess we have today wouldn't even exist had Brexiteers just backed her deal.
Mays brino,nah waste of time.

The mistake you make is still parroting the side of a bus,I haven't met one person who voted leave who did because of that.

You (and others) keep quoting lies,as said we've been lied to for decades which is why we voted leave and not because of slogans on a bus.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 05, 2022, 10:39:34 PM
We've been lied to for years which is why we woke up and said leave.

The mess is created by those with the flat refusal to accept the vote.
I wonder if it is possible to blame Remainers in Westminster for the mess that is going on today. Brexiteers after all could have supported Mays deal and the ordeal would have been over way back when. The Backstop did after all require no checks between the UK and NI and the idea the EU couldn't find a solution or the EU would drag their feet seems far fetched given the amount of effort they are putting into trying to help the UK over the Irish border today.

When the analysis look back at Mays and Boris's deal, they will always say Mays deal would have been better for us, the Irish and the EU and the mess we have today wouldn't even exist had Brexiteers just backed her deal.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 05, 2022, 10:23:14 PM
The EU army is already in motion Cromwell. CSDP was the foundation, PESCO was the enhancement and Macron is pushing for further integration because he can see that America is an unreliable partner.saying no.
Macron is a busted flush.....and he knows it.

QuoteHe has convinced the Germans and Italians and it is only a matter of time, especially in regards to the threat with Russia, that the EU will be forced to adapt to a cooperation in security and a defence force in practice. It makes no sense in an age of superpowers for Europe to sit on their hands and they aren't.
Convinced the Germans eh! So why is Germany on a different path to the rest or hadn't you noticed?

QuoteAs for being ruled by Brussels or Westminster, you know what, Westminster isn't exactly selling itself to me recently. The truth is every nation has a veto and no powers can be sent to Brussels without the leadership in Westminster first agreeing to relinquish it. But in return you get the market, movement, cooperation, security, strength and identity.
Sorry that's cobblers

QuoteBesides I don't call Brexiteers stupid.
I didn't say you did.

QuoteThere is a number of reasons why people voted Brexit, some of whom have seen they have been lied to and others just accept Boris's deal was worth the mess. I am not trying to sell anything to you Cromwell. I am not even selling it to anyone on here. This forum is after all Brexitland. But when you ask some Brexiteers was it worth it, there are plenty now who are saying no. 
We've been lied to for years which is why we woke up and said leave.

The mess is created by those with the flat refusal to accept the vote.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 05, 2022, 09:51:36 PM
Of course I meant the UK,an EU army will happen?......good luck with that.

Look BOycey you see how we struggle with the ***** at westminster why on earth do you think Brussels more accountable and viable?

What gets me looking at that above  is why so many label Brexiteers stupid.......Really,they think we are?

Cooperation does not require a USE and if Yankland decides to withdraw in to itself we'll have to cope.

All looking at Vlad which is to be expected but he has been clever but make no mistake he's the junior partner........very junior.

The EU army is already in motion Cromwell. CSDP was the foundation, PESCO was the enhancement and Macron is pushing for further integration because he can see that America is an unreliable partner. He has convinced the Germans and Italians and it is only a matter of time, especially in regards to the threat with Russia, that the EU will be forced to adapt to a cooperation in security and a defence force in practice. It makes no sense in an age of superpowers for Europe to sit on their hands and they aren't.

As for being ruled by Brussels or Westminster, you know what, Westminster isn't exactly selling itself to me recently. The truth is every nation has a veto and no powers can be sent to Brussels without the leadership in Westminster first agreeing to relinquish it. But in return you get the market, movement, cooperation, security, strength and identity.

Besides I don't call Brexiteers stupid. There is a number of reasons why people voted Brexit, some of whom have seen they have been lied to and others just accept Boris's deal was worth the mess. I am not trying to sell anything to you Cromwell. I am not even selling it to anyone on here. This forum is after all Brexitland. But when you ask some Brexiteers was it worth it, there are plenty now who are saying no. 

cromwell

Well there's only a few big topics at the mo...... Brexit,Boris,the EU and the Ukraine......thread drift happens. ::)

B0ycey

Massive LOL. Thomas has a knack of moving a topic so much the admin has had to create a whole new thread. Every topic becomes about Brexit and Scotland when Thomas is about.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 05, 2022, 07:00:36 PM
We? I can only assume you mean the UK?

Even so, I wonder how much strain NATO can take in regards to Ukraine. There is a divergence here between the UK and US and France and Germany. The EU army will happen. But the UK being part of that seems to be less likely perhaps.
Of course I meant the UK,an EU army will happen?......good luck with that.

Look BOycey you see how we struggle with the ***** at westminster why on earth do you think Brussels more accountable and viable?

What gets me looking at that above  is why so many label Brexiteers stupid.......Really,they think we are?

Cooperation does not require a USE and if Yankland decides to withdraw in to itself we'll have to cope.

All looking at Vlad which is to be expected but he has been clever but make no mistake he's the junior partner........very junior.

HDQQ

Will claiming that Britain has benefited from Brexit count as spreading false and harmful information ?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!