The EU SNP and much else

Started by Sheepy, February 05, 2022, 04:44:05 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 08:38:11 PM

What a coward. A reply i fully expected to hear from you.

So in effect as i said to moray , you want the scottish to do your dirty work for you , and dont have the courage of your convictions to vote for scotland to rejoin the eu via independence , nor have the courage to vote against england.

As i said , no one can trust the english left , especially scotland. they will say both yes and no , and everything in between while stabbing us all in the back.
No, it means just that Thomas. I moved to Scotland one month before lockdown and doing the house up and getting a job I have not found time to register. And I don't think I will.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:37:49 PM
Whether Macron wins the French election or not, his vision is taking off. Nonetheless, Macron doesn't care about remain. Anything the EU does is without UK consent.
ah right. The unstoppable tide of european integration in one big boycey communist lefty state.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:31:48 PM
I haven't registered yet.

What a coward. A reply i fully expected to hear from you.

So in effect as i said to moray , you want the scottish to do your dirty work for you , and dont have the courage of your convictions to vote for scotland to rejoin the eu via independence , nor have the courage to vote against england.

As i said , no one can trust the english left , especially scotland. they will say both yes and no , and everything in between while stabbing us all in the back.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 08:34:32 PM
och behave yourself. Macron could be gone by easter , so what are you talking about? He has the small inconvenience of fighting out the french presidential elections , and is a deeply unpopular man .

another diversion. Macron isnt going to save remain for you either boycey.

Whether Macron wins the French election or not, his vision is taking off. Nonetheless, Macron doesn't care about remain. Anything the EU does is without UK consent.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:30:49 PM
To be honest Thomas, Cromwell has made it clear he isn't interested in an EU superstate. So I'm not selling him anything. I am just pointing out that if Macron gets his way, the EU will become a superstate whether the UK wants them to be or not. And then the UK will have no influence in Europe let alone the world or a voice in the EU. Some people care about that. Some Brexiteers really do live in the glory years.
och behave yourself. Macron could be gone by easter , so what are you talking about? He has the small inconvenience of fighting out the french presidential elections , and is a deeply unpopular man .

another diversion. Macron isnt going to save remain for you either boycey.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 08:28:45 PM
you think?

I bet you scotland isnt in the EU in the next 7 years.

tell me though , to get an EU passport , would you vote for scottish indy ?

I haven't registered yet.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 08:25:27 PM
Why dont you just tell cromwell you think the uk is too wee too poor and too stupid to survive on its own and needs mummy brussells apron strings to live?

To be honest Thomas, Cromwell has made it clear he isn't interested in an EU superstate. So I'm not selling him anything. I am just pointing out that if Macron gets his way, the EU will become a superstate whether the UK wants them to be or not. And then the UK will have no influence in Europe let alone the world or a voice in the EU. Some people care about that. Some Brexiteers really do live in the glory years.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:22:12 PM
Well I live in Scotland Thomas. One way or another I will get my red passport back. Thankfully your opinion is the minority.
you think?

I bet you scotland isnt in the EU in the next 7 years.

tell me though , to get an EU passport , would you vote for scottish indy ?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:20:28 PM
Well, in those hundreds of years, Britain was the major superpower for most of them. And because of that there is a lot of people who hang on to the vision's of empire, forgetting that the UK is just a small island in the sea, that the US and China and Russia have taken their mantle and only our UN security Council keeps up the illusion our voice matters. But nonetheless I don't think you believe that or even care. But even so, it is true that the EU have ambitions and will continue to grow whilst the UK is losing influence. Sometimes it is better to be part of a big ship than a dingy with a huge hole.
its like reading someone copy and pasting transcripts from remain in 2016.

:D

Why dont you just tell cromwell you think the uk is too wee too poor and too stupid to survive on its own and needs mummy brussells apron strings to live?

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 06, 2022, 08:16:19 PM
Dont give us that shit.

I said many a time to people like moray that we couldnt trust the english left. Had we all agreed with sturgeon , jumped on the anti democratic bandwagon of the english left to overturn brexit and democracy , the same would be done to scotland in any future indy ref as the benchmark in overturning referendums would have been set in 2016.

Democracy , good and bad must always be implemented.

You and your ilk are no friends of scotland . Your country england voted brexit , and you should respect the wish of your people.

stop hiding behind us to do your dirty work for you . Its not our job to fix england for you , its your job to convince your fellow countrymen of your political aims.

Well I live in Scotland Thomas. One way or another I will get my red passport back. Thankfully your opinion is the minority.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 06, 2022, 08:07:27 PM
Where do you get that idea? You don't see a country can survive as we did for hundreds of years (as have others) the lack of vision that only sees slogans on a bus or airstrip one.

It is good to see opposing views on here but I had hoped for more than that.
Well, in those hundreds of years, Britain was the major superpower for most of them. And because of that there is a lot of people who hang on to the vision's of empire, forgetting that the UK is just a small island in the sea, that the US and China and Russia have taken their mantle and only our UN security Council keeps up the illusion our voice matters. But nonetheless I don't think you believe that or even care. But even so, it is true that the EU have ambitions and will continue to grow whilst the UK is losing influence. Sometimes it is better to be part of a big ship than a dingy with a huge hole.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 08:07:38 PM
I don't know what game Thomas is playing at with flipping his opinion on Brexit like a fart in the wind but I'm glad to read your post and I agree, Scotland should focus their
Dont give us that shit.

I said many a time to people like moray that we couldnt trust the english left. Had we all agreed with sturgeon , jumped on the anti democratic bandwagon of the english left to overturn brexit and democracy , the same would be done to scotland in any future indy ref as the benchmark in overturning referendums would have been set in 2016.

Democracy , good and bad must always be implemented.

You and your ilk are no friends of scotland . Your country england voted brexit , and you should respect the wish of your people.

stop hiding behind us to do your dirty work for you . Its not our job to fix england for you , its your job to convince your fellow countrymen of your political aims.

B0ycey

Quote from: morayloon on February 06, 2022, 07:57:51 PM
Salmond entered the fray at the start of the campaign. Not enough time to get the 'super majority' message across. That and the ridiculousness of the SNP 1 & 2 mantra that was meekly accepted by the faithful. The result was over 1 million votes with only 2 MSPs to show for it. The legal bid to get rid of Salmond had been thrown out by the jury now the aim was to neutralise him politically. Had the SNP played ball many Unionists would have been knocked out.
I don't think Salmond will ever be significant @morayloon. I know Thomas isn't exactly Sturgeons biggest fan, but from my standpoint Salmond did get his message across about super majority which gave the Greens more MSPs. I don't know what game Thomas is playing at with flipping his opinion on Brexit like a fart in the wind but I'm glad to read your post and I agree, Scotland should focus their attention on the EU given their opinion was ignored.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 06, 2022, 07:07:46 PM
I guess you have all that now Cromwell. But whatever the EU becomes will be decided by their members now. Each has a veto, if the UK was still a member they would have that also. I don't know. Seems you are happy. You have Brexit. But I do wonder, and this isn't aimed at you specifically but with people in general, that if the EU does expand, grows, becomes like what Macron envisions and becomes a superpower in their own right, that those who support Brexit will be content by being Air Strip One.
Where do you get that idea? You don't see a country can survive as we did for hundreds of years (as have others) the lack of vision that only sees slogans on a bus or airstrip one.

It is good to see opposing views on here but I had hoped for more than that.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: morayloon on February 06, 2022, 07:38:09 PM
Except that we didn't. Scottish Democracy was trampled on with that vote. 62% of Scots ignored because the English have to have their way.
Except you have the choice to leave the UK and go back in the eu if you get the majority.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?