No evidence for Boris Johnson's claim about Keir Starmer and Jimmy Savile

Started by GBNews, February 08, 2022, 01:00:02 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on February 08, 2022, 06:28:28 PM
Like it, or not there is no evidence to back up Boris Johnson.

Really ?

I think you need to look again. Saville was detained, interviewed under caution and a report was made to the CPS.

In recent years it has been stated categorically that he should have faced prosecution and that it is wholly regrettable he did not.

It is the CPS's job to make the decision as to whether to pursue or drop the case. 

Tbe CPS chose to drop the case.

The head of the CPS at the time the decision was made was ... Keir Starmer.

The buck stops with him...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 08, 2022, 09:12:04 PM
There is none to suggest Johnson wasn't right either . He clarified that Starmer wasn't personally responsible and as Leader of the CPS didn't have overall control of what his department was failing to do .  The chain of command had broken down was what Johnson was saying (a dig that Starmer would not make a good PM )

Anyway thats how I read it

I was though rather poking fun at the BBC who probably did know of at least some of Savile's crimes having an internal investigation clearing Starmer of not knowing .  They of course new this because they didn't fecking tell him .
Going back to the HofC row, surely after listening to Starmer berate and insult him for what has happened at No 10 and calling him culpable, Boris was entitled to throw the same accusation. After all Starmer was in the same position on Saville. He apologised and was presumably forgiven. Boris apologised but forgiveness is denied him.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 08, 2022, 06:28:28 PM
There is none to suggest Johnson wasn't right either . He clarified that Starmer wasn't personally responsible and as Leader of the CPS didn't have overall control of what his department was failing to do .  The chain of command had broken down was what Johnson was saying (a dig that Starmer would not make a good PM )

Anyway thats how I read it 

I was though rather poking fun at the BBC who probably did know of at least some of Savile's crimes having an internal investigation clearing Starmer of not knowing .  They of course new this because they didn't fecking tell him .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 08, 2022, 06:25:28 PM
A ''BBC reality check''  ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: News on February 08, 2022, 01:00:02 PM

The PM's claim that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile is not backed up by any evidence.

Source: No evidence for Boris Johnson's claim about Keir Starmer and Jimmy Savile
A ''BBC reality check''  ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D 

GBNews

The PM's claim that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile is not backed up by any evidence.

Source: No evidence for Boris Johnson's claim about Keir Starmer and Jimmy Savile