No evidence for Boris Johnson's claim about Keir Starmer and Jimmy Savile

Started by GBNews, February 08, 2022, 01:00:02 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 08, 2022, 09:12:04 PM
There is none to suggest Johnson wasn't right either . He clarified that Starmer wasn't personally responsible and as Leader of the CPS didn't have overall control of what his department was failing to do .  The chain of command had broken down was what Johnson was saying (a dig that Starmer would not make a good PM )

Anyway thats how I read it

I was though rather poking fun at the BBC who probably did know of at least some of Savile's crimes having an internal investigation clearing Starmer of not knowing .  They of course new this because they didn't fecking tell him .
Auntie is getting a bit sad lately. There have been a few low calorie whinges, but generally speaking the threat to the licence fee seems to have whipped her into line.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I know the BBC also knew and did not speak up.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, so it is now obvious that file of evidence would have been a true complaint by the child, and a chance to get Savile put in jail.
That opportunity was missed. Without access to the file, it's difficult to judge.

It wasn't a nasty lie. Thanks for confirming you were wrong about that.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 09, 2022, 12:49:59 PM
Oh, it's an implication, not a nasty lie, now.
It was  nasty lie by implication.  By the way I really do suggest you look into the history of Savile, prosecution of him was blocked and victims ignored going back to at least the 1960s. So frankly Bojo's blatant lie could well backfire on him.
There is a long line of prosecutors who did nothing who were aware, (which Starmer was not until after the truth came out,) going back to the 1960s. My relative who worked at Stoke Mandeville Hospital where Savile abused at least 60 people from 1972 onwards made sure Savile was not left alone with patients when they were on duty.  My relatives complaints were ignored.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 09, 2022, 11:49:40 AM
In the exchange on Monday, Johnson claimed Starmer "used his time prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile".

Please point out which part was a nasty lie.
The deliberate implication of  failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile. Which is a blatant lie because Starmer had no knowledge of Savile, as it never came to his attention until too late.
Also there were decades of failures to prosecute Savile since the 1960s, Boris may well have stirred up a hornets nest of the past failures to prosecute by Tories.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2022, 11:26:23 AM
It is a blatant lie by Bojo as he stated in at last weeks PMQs. (That Bojo looks at the dodgy websites that carry such lies speaks volumes. It is no wonder he keeps putting both feet in his gob.)
In the exchange on Monday, Johnson claimed Starmer "used his time prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile".

Please point out which part was a nasty lie.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 09, 2022, 11:10:40 AM
Even though it was not actually a lie, 
It is a blatant lie by Bojo as he stated in at last weeks PMQs. (That Bojo looks at the dodgy websites that carry such lies speaks volumes. It is no wonder he keeps putting both feet in his gob.)

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2022, 09:49:23 AM
So Bojo's nasty lie about Starmer could if certain people get annoyed enough backfire on him badly.
Even though it was not actually a lie, as Starmer was ultimately responsible for the decision.

What is the X factor here is the strength of evidence contained in the files. We have not seen that evidence and the likelihood is it has been destroyed.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 09, 2022, 08:59:56 AM
And did they report their suspicions / observations ?

Yes and were ignored, threatened with the sack and in the case of police officers told to shut up or get the sack and lose their pension.
There was an organised cover-up of Savile's activities for decades.  (I would have thought you knew about that.)
So Bojo's nasty lie about Starmer could if certain people get annoyed enough backfire on him badly.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2022, 08:17:06 AM
I have and in depth and detail Savile was and known for six decades before Starmer and the evidence was ignored. (On a personal note a relative of mine made damned sure Savile was not left alone with with patients when she was on duty and that was back in the 1960s.) Frankly Boris blaming Starmer could bite Boris and the Tories badly on the backside.
And did they report their suspicions / observations ?

I reported what I found in the Parc Hospital and that was ignored but that was 1979.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

It is the nature of walls that they should fall ,that they should fall is the consequence of blowing your own trumpet  (Winterson)

Seven Times Starmer Took Personal Credit For CPS Prosecutions - YouTube

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 08, 2022, 11:54:32 PM
Really ?

I think you need to look again. 
I have and in depth and detail Savile was and known for six decades before Starmer and the evidence was ignored. (On a personal note a relative of mine made damned sure Savile was not left alone with with patients when she was on duty and that was back in the 1960s.) Frankly Boris blaming Starmer could bite Boris and the Tories badly on the backside.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on February 08, 2022, 09:28:12 PM
Going back to the HofC row, surely after listening to Starmer berate and insult him for what has happened at No 10 and calling him culpable, Boris was entitled to throw the same accusation. After all Starmer was in the same position on Saville. He apologised and was presumably forgiven. Boris apologised but forgiveness is denied him.
seems to be another witch hunt toots.

I see george galloway was asking questions on twitter , with the implication the angry mob berating starmer was another labour party pr stunt contrived for the cameras.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!