Rees-Mogg made Brexit opportunities minister as PM reshuffles team

Started by papasmurf, February 08, 2022, 02:27:55 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 08, 2022, 03:11:40 PM
Fair enough Pappy. You are entitled to you opinion, idiotic as it may be.
As someone who has followed the drivel Mogg has come out with during  debates in the House of Commons for many years, the only outcome I can see is him screwing Brexit up even worse than it already is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 08, 2022, 02:52:31 PM
Mogg is TOTALLY out of touch and as much use as a chocolate spanner.
Fair enough Pappy. You are entitled to you opinion, idiotic as it may be. I would be inclined to say that is a bit rich coming from someone who has dedicated his life to stopping business entering Cornwall and bragging about how he has managed to keep so many unemployed unemployed, but I am too nice so I won't.:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 08, 2022, 02:41:40 PM
Sounds good. Mogg is good with money and a wee bit po faced,
Mogg is TOTALLY out of touch and as much use as a chocolate spanner.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 08, 2022, 02:27:55 PM
I needed a good laugh, you could not make this up, more at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60305006

Published27 minutes ago

Jacob Rees-Mogg has become the minister for Brexit opportunities and government efficiency, as Boris Johnson carries out a cabinet reshuffle.

The PM, under pressure over parties in Downing Street during lockdown, is meeting ministers inside No 10 for what are described as "small" changes.
Mark Spencer replaces Mr Rees-Mogg as House of Commons leader.
And Chris Heaton-Harris becomes the new chief whip, in charge of disciplining Conservative MPs.

Sounds good. Mogg is good with money and a wee bit po faced, so he should keep the civil servants at the job as opposed to being on it.

What is Angela Rayner on about? Apparently she thinks inflation is causing teenagers to have nervous breakdowns or some such thing. When one thinks of the wealth of talent on his back benches it seems impossible to believe that Starmer can't call upon more intelligent support. Then if one has another think, it is difficult not to think, no, maybe not.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

I needed a good laugh, you could not make this up, more at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60305006

Published27 minutes ago

Jacob Rees-Mogg has become the minister for Brexit opportunities and government efficiency, as Boris Johnson carries out a cabinet reshuffle.

The PM, under pressure over parties in Downing Street during lockdown, is meeting ministers inside No 10 for what are described as "small" changes.
Mark Spencer replaces Mr Rees-Mogg as House of Commons leader.
And Chris Heaton-Harris becomes the new chief whip, in charge of disciplining Conservative MPs.