Rees-Mogg made Brexit opportunities minister as PM reshuffles team

Started by papasmurf, February 08, 2022, 02:27:55 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 09, 2022, 12:05:40 PM
Of course they could restrict movement during the pandemic between countries . We did even better , you couldn't travel from London to say County Durham  or take your dog for a walk  without getting your collar felt .
Union Flag

Brexit though was never about what you think you might have lost which is nothing you can't get round but what we will gain in restricting free movement coming in which was an absolute disaster for the working men and women of the UK .
We're the ones that have lost free movement. A lot of EU workers have left even though many of them would have been allowed to stay on. They no longer felt welcome and decided to find work elsewhere. Now there are labour shortages in jobs that UK citizens weren't interested (and still aren't).
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 10, 2022, 09:41:13 AM
Democracy means you are allowed to make your own mistakes .  And gives you the ability to fix it .  So whatever it is that makes you think its a disaster  dont worry about a thing , every little thing is gonna be alright .
The problem is the government is not fixing it and showing no signs of even trying to do so.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2022, 12:29:22 PM
Brexit has been a disaster and the effects are getting worse:-

Democracy means you are allowed to make your own mistakes .   And gives you the ability to fix it .  So whatever it is that makes you think its a disaster  dont worry about a thing , every little thing is gonna be alright .

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 09, 2022, 04:07:54 PM
Ok. So it is a score from both you and Gerry that Boris won't last as PM until 2024. And I will match that with a bet that he will.

We shall see.

No problem Borkie. I told you I have no issue with taking your money the last time I placed the bet. Perhaps you have faith on backstabbing to lose its appeal in Westminster. But once the letters are handed in, whether that is tomorrow, May or in a years time, BoJo will have his Caesar moment and I suspect those who are planning on taking over are already building up their alliances.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 09, 2022, 04:05:19 PM
See?

Even Pappy agrees with me.

As he says, the Tories offer a laugh and joke and a drink. All the left have to offer is a long, snivelling whinge.

Thanks Pappy
More like he was trying to say there isn't an equivalence. What club Etonians were part of isn't the same as voting for hypocrisy.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 09, 2022, 04:02:49 PM
Actually we already have that bet on. But he won't make it to 2024. At some point MPs will turn on him because the closer the GE comes, the more the realisation will hit that their careers rely on the clown.

Ok. So it is a score from both you and Gerry that Boris won't last as PM until 2024. And I will match that with a bet that he will.

We shall see.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2022, 03:49:56 PM
So what?

See?

Even Pappy agrees with me.

As he says, the Tories offer a laugh and joke and a drink. All the left have to offer is a long, snivelling whinge.

Thanks Pappy
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 09, 2022, 03:46:59 PM
So what? You are still talking about Boris and Cameron belonging to the Bullingdon Club and that was over thirty years ago. But Bojo and Dave became Prime Ministers while Wurzel is back on his allotment making nettle jam.

As said, I will lay a score that the Fat Controller will still be PM come 2024. Gerry has already put his money where his mouth is and bet against me. You are welcome to do the same.

Actually we already have that bet on. But he won't make it to 2024. At some point MPs will turn on him because the closer the GE comes, the more the realisation will hit that their careers rely on the clown.

As for pig fucking, people never cared about that. Cameron won because despite being in the wrong party, he wasn't divisive. BoJo had told people to stay at home and wash their hands whilst he partied away. That kind of hypocrisy doesn't go away Borkie. And those who give a shit about this the most are also the generation who vote. I expect the letters to be handed in at May. And then BoJo can't waffle his way out of this.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 09, 2022, 03:46:59 PM
So what? You are still talking about Boris and Cameron belonging to the Bullingdon Club and that was over thirty years ago. 
So what?

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 09, 2022, 02:03:04 PM. We will still be talking about partygate in 2 years time, perhaps not in detail but by reference and that matters.

So what? You are still talking about Boris and Cameron belonging to the Bullingdon Club and that was over thirty years ago. But Bojo and Dave became Prime Ministers while Wurzel is back on his allotment making nettle jam.

As said, I will lay a score that the Fat Controller will still be PM come 2024. Gerry has already put his money where his mouth is and bet against me. You are welcome to do the same.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 09, 2022, 01:48:05 PM
In May Boris will get a kicking, but after that he will have two years to cover his tracks.

I wonder, if Corbyn could never detract himself of his association with Red Action two decades before he was leader of the Labour Party, why the belief Johnson can see this through now. He will also be the butt end of jokes and have his actions and words put on every single leaflet by every single party in every single election. We will still be talking about partygate in 2 years time, perhaps not in detail but by reference and that matters. I don't care that people seem to want to get behind the clown because ultimately this will take down the whole party. But I don't see his polling improving much if at all and if anything we can expect a decline because we haven't even seen the peak of the cost of living crisis yet and people vote with their wallets.

We have already had a preview what will happen. The US election was an election that you voted for the lesser evil and that will be the case in every election from now on with BoJo at the wheel.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 09, 2022, 01:34:28 PM
BoJo needs to make it to the GE first T00ts. He's here till May. Don't see him lasting much longer than that. You do need to give a new leader at least two years to reverse his mess. I expect to see the letters needed handed in after the disastrous May elections.

In May Boris will get a kicking, but after that he will have two years to cover his tracks.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 09, 2022, 01:28:07 PM
It will be interesting to see who is right.
BoJo needs to make it to the GE first T00ts. He's here till May. Don't see him lasting much longer than that. You do need to give a new leader at least two years to reverse his mess. I expect to see the letters needed handed in after the disastrous May elections.