The end is nigh - thankfully

Started by Barry, February 09, 2022, 05:33:13 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 03:13:01 PM
The way beer prices in pubs are going up I can't afford to go to a pub anyway.
Me neither.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 13, 2022, 02:08:59 PM
And you have several days of a warm(ish) bank holiday to get royally shitfaced coming up

I for one will be following this paradigm with as much enthusiasm as my battered wallet and pitiful reserve of drinking ability will allow

Cheerssssss.. hic
The way beer prices in pubs are going up I can't afford to go to a pub anyway.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on February 10, 2022, 08:21:25 AM
No it ain't.

The best way to respect the victims of Covid is to have a day of national rejoicing during which we all get royally shit face.

And you have several days of a warm(ish) bank holiday to get royally shitfaced coming up

I for one will be following this paradigm with as much enthusiasm as my battered wallet and pitiful reserve of drinking ability will allow

Cheerssssss.. hic
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

The bedwetters are doing what they do best. Trying to frighten us back into our homes, masks, and obedience to the CCP control freakery.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/12/scientists-plead-caution-covid-restrictions-lifted-england
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on February 10, 2022, 11:35:28 AMWhat's your point?
Clearly I was inferring in an attempt at humour that you might have been prone to conspiracy theories, lol

But instead you seem to have been yet another dismal right winger with more guff than sense, as is so often the case with a lot of right wingers.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on February 10, 2022, 11:03:38 AM
I am curious as to what other topics you might have posted on. Moon landings were fake? JFK was shot by the CIA? The pyramids were built by aliens? Satanic cults in parliament perhaps?

None of the above.  Previously it was Brexit quite a lot.  And free speech.  And grooming gangs and corruption of police and politicians.  What's your point?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on February 10, 2022, 10:55:01 AM
There's a simple explanation for why I have focused on the scam-demic.  Because it was the biggest scam in human history, and the consequences have been, and will be, dire.  It was an attempt at global totalitarianism.  It will lead the the collapse of the NHS.  Millions of people have been experimented on.  It is very naive to dismiss it so quickly.  What you might not know is I used to post on many topics before the giant scam, and will when it's over.
I am curious as to what other topics you might have posted on. Moon landings were fake? JFK was shot by the CIA? The pyramids were built by aliens? Satanic cults in parliament perhaps?

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on February 10, 2022, 10:42:54 AM
Well, if covid is going to stop being an issue and become just another thing that goes around like a cold, that none of us worry about and most of us catch from time to time but get over it, then Scott777 will face an existential crisis. That's his entire reason for being disappearing down the plug hole of irrelevance.

Might he vanish completely? Or perhaps, just maybe, express an opinion about something else?

There's a simple explanation for why I have focused on the scam-demic.  Because it was the biggest scam in human history, and the consequences have been, and will be, dire.  It was an attempt at global totalitarianism.  It will lead the the collapse of the NHS.  Millions of people have been experimented on.  It is very naive to dismiss it so quickly.  What you might not know is I used to post on many topics before the giant scam, and will when it's over.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on February 10, 2022, 10:42:54 AM
Well, if covid is going to stop being an issue and become just another thing that goes around like a cold, that none of us worry about and most of us catch from time to time but get over it, ...
Then you can take those ridiculous screens down from the checkouts and start smiling at customers again. What a joy returning to normal is going to be.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

People can post about whatever subjects they like. It's nice that, isn't it?
Gerry never posts about anything other than Brexit.
Morayloon posts about little but Scotland and independence.
Hallowed Brexit posts about little but (ahem) Brexit.
It's not a problem to me.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Well, if covid is going to stop being an issue and become just another thing that goes around like a cold, that none of us worry about and most of us catch from time to time but get over it, then Scott777 will face an existential crisis. That's his entire reason for being disappearing down the plug hole of irrelevance.

Might he vanish completely? Or perhaps, just maybe, express an opinion about something else?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2022, 10:14:16 AM
It is your comments about vaccinations that are inane.  Whoever has brainwashed you and others frankly should be jailed.
Free speech does not rule in your house. You should work for Facebook censoring the posts.

In more normal land, our local school is empty early for half term because of a high proportion of the kids testing positive, plus a couple of (presumably triple jabbed) staff members. None of them are ill, so stopping lessons is a form of madness. My grandchild is one of those infected and the removal of this self-isolation will get society back on its feet.
Whatever colds and flu are going round, if we don't feel well enough to go to work, we call in sick.

Off to the supermarket now and then I'll be taking my grandchild out for a walk. They need some fresh air.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on February 10, 2022, 10:06:50 AM
Another completely inane comment.  
It is your comments about vaccinations that are inane.  Whoever has brainwashed you and others frankly should be jailed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2022, 08:45:53 AM
What future reactions?  (Given the 200 year history of vaccinations and the comprehensive reporting system in place?)

Another completely inane comment.  It's like saying: what future reactions would eating a brand new genetically modified food have, given the entire history of mankind eating other food?  It's stupid, because you cannot lump all food together and say it must all be the same, and nor can you with vaccines.

cromwell

Over.....Yep for the majority

Hopefully on here too.....but I ain't holding my breath.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?