Cressida Dick resigns

Started by Barry, February 10, 2022, 07:24:51 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on February 10, 2022, 10:27:39 PM
To be fair she lost the confidence of the public some time ago.

But credit for finally doing the right thing, which is more than Johnson has.

I genuinely don't understand what's going on. I can't for the life of me see how Saddo Khan't can possibly benefit here.

Unless he's managed to find David Lammy's and Diane Abbott's love child and persuaded THEM to take the job.

I mean it's not like she's shot any innocent Brazilians lately

In fact the only thing she's done recently is screwed the plot to throw Boris in the Thames by demanding the Met take over Sue Gray's report and thereby destroy the head of steam and momentum ..........
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on February 10, 2022, 10:27:39 PM

Or Sadiq Khan who is her boss and has never knowingly taken responsibility for anything.

Not much of a victory for Saddo. Dick is 61, so was coming up for retirement anyway
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Not before time . The next one had best be a senior copper with a CV that stands up 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2022, 08:07:12 PM
I wonder who will take up that poisoned chalice.
Probably sweetened by the ~ £1000 per working day. 
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I wonder who will take up that poisoned chalice.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Yes, she does seem to have done an about turn.
It comes so soon after she sent out those questionnaires to 50 staff over Partygate, too.
I mean, I mock, but a questionnaire, is that the best they can do?

She's past her sell by date. She'll have a lovely pension pot and will make plenty of money speaking, or on question time, or I think one ex CC advertised tyres. She'll be just fine.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Someone who can read the room. The irony is she wasn't the person who sent the WhatsApp messages. Which isn't the case with partygate. At least some people have etiquette even if they need a push it seems 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on February 10, 2022, 07:24:51 PM
Met police commissioner Dick has tendered her resignation.
She will stay on until a replacement is appointed. Lack of confidence in her ability expressed by Mayor Khan was cited as the reason.
WOW only this morning I read that she had said she wasn't going anywhere. Strange that is so often the last cry before resignation/sack. It can't be many weeks since Priti asked her to stay on.

Barry

Met police commissioner Dick has tendered her resignation.
She will stay on until a replacement is appointed. Lack of confidence in her ability expressed by Mayor Khan was cited as the reason.
† The end is nigh †