UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 14, 2022, 11:39:46 AM
How is that a personal attack, in plain language all that was said is Nick chooses to not listen to info that doesn't suit his narrative. Hardly a comment that would sit in the "bile" box.
Shouldn't you be tootling off back to the Brexit thread, don't want you getting a nose bleed. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 11:09:53 AM
Cognitive Dissonance is not posh, it is people resistant to reality no matter how much evidence that challenges them is presented to them.

I can assure you I feel no discomfort about my views, unlike you I actually have life experience to gauge them against. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 08:36:00 AM
I always knew you were, the cognitive dissonance makes it obvious.
I would suggest you understand the meaning of words before posting  And you've just posted what my position is so I must be clear on it. 

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on February 14, 2022, 12:48:29 PM
Maybe you do, but that's called irony. I think it was meant the way it was put, that Nick chooses what he want's to listen to, in fairness we prob all do that to some degree. On the other hand, claiming this was "bile" is an unnecessary insult.
OK, fair comment.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on February 14, 2022, 12:12:21 PM
You use cognitive dissonance to mean "thick". That's why.
Maybe you do, but that's called irony. I think it was meant the way it was put, that Nick chooses what he want's to listen to, in fairness we prob all do that to some degree. On the other hand, claiming this was "bile" is an unnecessary insult.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 14, 2022, 12:12:21 PM
I do nothing of the kind. If I meant thick I would state that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on February 14, 2022, 11:39:46 AM
How is that a personal attack, in plain language all that was said is Nick chooses to not listen to info that doesn't suit his narrative. Hardly a comment that would sit in the "bile" box.
Quite, Nick has been doing nothing but a "Comical Ali" "There are no American Tanks in Baghdad," about Brexit despite the now very obvious problems it is causing well beyond George Useless's" teething problems.  It is Nick who is trolling not me.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on February 14, 2022, 10:33:24 AM
Using posh words is still a personal attack. But it puts another post on your post count, this one being bile.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 14, 2022, 10:33:24 AM
Using posh words is still a personal attack. But it puts another post on your post count, this one being bile.
Cognitive Dissonance is not posh, it is people resistant to reality no matter how much evidence that challenges them is presented to them.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 08:36:00 AM
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 08:49:04 PM
Finally, you actually get it.

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 05:29:07 PM
It isn't anything to laugh about, if Brexit is not costing your business any extra money, no delays, and no 21 pages long forms to fill out for each shipment, I am sorry but I have to be VERY suspicious.
Don't mind him pappy, hes full of it. It's a non story until he wants to make a point, by giving details, until then it's just noise.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 08:06:19 PM
You are a Tory I know you don't care about anyone but yourself.
Finally, you actually get it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 07:18:51 PM
You can suspish all you like. I don't care.
You are a Tory I know you don't care about anyone but yourself.