UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 10:04:29 PM
Rubbish, you can't show proof for something that isn't true.
Here is proof that millions are cheating benefits.

That is not proof there are millions of benefit cheats. It is just more Tory nonsense from you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on February 16, 2022, 08:11:09 AM
Bit simplistic John,so who will do all the poorly paid but often essential work?
And you wonder why your endless reports that people have said nasty things to you are ignored.
If people makes stupid comments to a very serious thread what else do you expect. The poverty problem will get even worse from April due to the raise in NI contributions and rise in energy costs.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 16, 2022, 07:43:27 AM
In the OP, you cite the words "people will say why don't my they get a job"..

And the article tries to pretend this is not a solution because they are working already.

But if that is so, then the question really is "why don't they get a better paid job ?" After all, truck drivers are getting paid fifty grand. Go drive a truck.
Bit simplistic John,so who will do all the poorly paid but often essential work?
Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2022, 08:04:49 AM
That is the kind of idiot response I have come to expect from you.

And you wonder why your endless reports that people have said nasty things to you are ignored.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 16, 2022, 07:43:27 AM

But if that is so, then the question really is "why don't they get a better paid job ?" After all, truck drivers are getting paid fifty grand. Go drive a truck.
John that is frankly a crass comment. The type of answer I expect from Nick. (Given the cost of training, getting to and from a training centre and the long wait for a test. Also if they are in work they can't attend a training course.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 08:47:01 PM
In your own article, it's due to Covid!!
Finally you acknowledge the facts.
That is the kind of idiot response I have come to expect from you. 

johnofgwent

In the OP, you cite the words "people will say why don't my they get a job"..

And the article tries to pretend this is not a solution because they are working already.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 08:47:01 PM
In your own article, it's due to Covid!!
Finally you acknowledge the facts.
The cost of living crisis has been building for many years, even decades, and long predates covid. It is due to a combination of rising living costs, particularly housing costs, far outstripping the official rate of inflation, and stagnant wages that for many have been falling in real terms.

It is a broken economic model we have now which is failing the masses.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 10:04:29 PMThe figure is around 2% of benefits paid is fraudulent, not in error, that is the amount of fraud. That's about £3 billion, but you and Pappy seem to think that is ok. 
2% in one in 50, which hardly supports your contention that almost everyone on benefits is swinging the lead somehow. And even this appears only to be as high as it is because of people taking advantage of covid.

And it is a drop in the ocean compared to both the vast sums lost via tax evasion and the vast sums wasted by the government.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:57:15 PM
It was shown to you a couple of months back in another thread in the form of statistical evidence which wholly refuted your assumptions. As is typical, you ignored it. And continue to spout the same old shite again without any credible evidence at all.
I don't suppose that this counts evidence wise, but there a few chaps who wander around the allotments doing odd jobs for cash in hand. They are also on Job Seekers Allowance, Housing Benefit and the rest. I know that they don't declare their income to the Brew because they have told me so. It doesn't worry me as I hardly pay any tax and the only one being really ripped off is Steve. And Steve enjoys being robbed and I get my odd jobs done cheaply so everyone is happy

:):)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:52:08 PM
You have a habit of believing what you want to believe, but you lack the medical knowledge and experience to reach such a conclusion. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise.
Well let's have a vote, I know what the outcome would be.

If he wants to go about calling people liars and nasty he needs to expect something coming the other way. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:57:15 PM
It was shown to you a couple of months back in another thread in the form of statistical evidence which wholly refuted your assumptions. As is typical, you ignored it. And continue to spout the same old shite again without any credible evidence at all.
Rubbish, you can't show proof for something that isn't true.
Here is proof that millions are cheating benefits.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/13/record-levels-benefit-fraud-universal-credit-first-year-pandemic-in-britain

The figure is around 2% of benefits paid is fraudulent, not in error, that is the amount of fraud. That's about £3 billion, but you and Pappy seem to think that is ok. 

I now assume you're going to post evidence to counter what I've posted, should be easy, you apparently posted it a month or so ago. 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 09:52:40 PMNo evidence has ever been shown

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:43:25 PM
Such evidence has been shown to you before but you chose to pretend you hadn't seen it. We'd clearly be wasting our time showing it to you again. Besides, it is you who is making a highly negative assertion about millions of people, the vast majority of whom you have never met. If you are going to make derogatory assumptions about millions of people, the onus is upon you to back it up with credible evidence. It is not for others to prove you wrong.

If I were to assert that that Hitler escaped Berlin in 1945 and spent the rest of his days working as a hot dog seller in Manhattan, the onus would be upon me to back it up with evidence, not anyone else to prove me wrong. See what I am saying here?

This is another example of you choosing to believe something because you want to, with little in the way of evidence, in fact almost nothing beyond a few personal anecdotes which themselves cannot be proven and for which we are just supposed to take your word. Problem is it is too easy to make such things up about people. It is therefore not in any way evidence.
No evidence has ever been shown that there are not a large proportion of dolies swinging the lead. I know, because there isn't any evidence to prove it. 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 09:43:07 PM
I BELIEVE he is autistic.
You have a habit of believing what you want to believe, but you lack the medical knowledge and experience to reach such a conclusion. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 09:28:11 PMWhere's your proof it is wrong?
Such evidence has been shown to you before but you chose to pretend you hadn't seen it. We'd clearly be wasting our time showing it to you again. Besides, it is you who is making a highly negative assertion about millions of people, the vast majority of whom you have never met. If you are going to make derogatory assumptions about millions of people, the onus is upon you to back it up with credible evidence. It is not for others to prove you wrong.

If I were to assert that that Hitler escaped Berlin in 1945 and spent the rest of his days working as a hot dog seller in Manhattan, the onus would be upon me to back it up with evidence, not anyone else to prove me wrong. See what I am saying here?

This is another example of you choosing to believe something because you want to, with little in the way of evidence, in fact almost nothing beyond a few personal anecdotes which themselves cannot be proven and for which we are just supposed to take your word. Problem is it is too easy to make such things up about people. It is therefore not in any way evidence.