UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 02:47:10 PM
Bretons don't consider Brittany to be France. As for your idiot comments about the events I go to they have between 250 and 1000 people attending and are up to 250 miles away from where I live.
It's just the same as the Bavarians, they are Bavarian first, German second. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 02:22:52 PM
As you are a moderator, I would be wasting my time reporting that lie and personal attack about me and on me.
I leave my home often. I also get involved in other cultures often and have done so for the last over 60 years.
Also there are a multiplicity of cultures in both China and Russia, as there are in Britain.
China and Russia are nothing like the U.K. when it comes to the multicultural nature. Why you think you would know that I have no idea. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 02:52:49 PMMany bretons see themselves as french and breton 
Not the one's I know. Call them French and it could get dangerous.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 02:47:10 PM
Bretons don't consider Brittany to be France.
aye they do. Many bretons see themselves as french and breton , some few want brittany independent. We have very good friends from Bais near Rennes , proudly both french and from "little britain".

No different to how scottish unionists see themselves as british and scottish.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 19, 2022, 02:40:11 PM
He does leave his house. He has been back to France and he will go to any event requiring a jibbyjab pass and a negative antigen test prior to arrival. These meetings are held in a telephone kiosk near Helston. ;D
Bretons don't consider Brittany to be France. As for your idiot comments about the events I go to they have between 250 and 1000 people attending and are up to 250 miles away from where I live.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on February 19, 2022, 02:40:11 PM
He does leave his house. He has been back to France and he will go to any event requiring a jibbyjab pass and a negative antigen test prior to arrival. These meetings are held in a telephone kiosk near Helston. ;D

:D

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 02:37:30 PM
I don't report posts unnecessarily, when people lie about me repeatedly (which means they are trolling,) I report it.
If you don't know by  now I often leave my home you are suffering from early onset Alzheimer's.

you are the biggest liar on this forum. You post something one day , then deny you posted it the next.

As for trolling dont make me fackin laugh.

Cromwell and the other mods deserve a medal for the patience they have shown you over the years. They are better men than me .

You run around throwin abuse at all and sundry then run off crying to mods when it is returned in kind. Its me you are talking to , not some wet behind the ears forum newby.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 02:25:34 PM
nicks not a moderator pappy is he?

Do you really leave your house though? i can't believe that. As for reporting nicks post , i fink you will find you have reported so many posts unecessarily over the years that the mods have turned the button off when you are on the forum.
He does leave his house. He has been back to France and he will go to any event requiring a jibbyjab pass and a negative antigen test prior to arrival. These meetings are held in a telephone kiosk near Helston. ;D
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 02:25:34 PM

Do you really leave your house though? i can't believe that. As for reporting nicks post , i fink you will find you have reported so many posts unecessarily over the years that the mods have turned the button off when you are on the forum.
I don't report posts unnecessarily, when people lie about me repeatedly (which means they are trolling,) I report it.
If you don't know by  now I often leave my home you are suffering from early onset Alzheimer's.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 02:22:52 PM
As you are a moderator, I would be wasting my time reporting that lie and personal attack about me and on me.
I leave my home often. I also get involved in other cultures often and have done so for the last over 60 years.
Also there are a multiplicity of cultures in both China and Russia, as there are in Britain.

Do you really leave your house though? i cant believe that. As for reporting nicks post , i fink you will find you have reported so many posts unecessarily over the years that the mods have turned the button off when you are on the forum.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 02:05:54 PM
In places like China and Russia you have no choice but to get involved in their culture. You'd know that if you ever left the house.

Thomas

Dont know about sanctions , but the people of ukraine will be relived that sir keir knight of the realm starmer is behind them along with the rest of the brothers and sisters.:D

Could that man possibly be anymore irrelevant?:D

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 18, 2022, 03:59:37 PM
That doesn't mean you have learned anything about foreign cultures.  You might just have stayed in similar hotels.
In places like China and Russia you have no choice but to get involved in their culture. You'd know that if you ever left the house. 

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 01:05:12 PM
Russia will just sell their gas to China Nick and then cripple the European economy. It doesn't matter who,  what or why people in Russia live by/on what matters is that it is a patriotic nation that will accept sanctions and hardship for their nation. But in any case, sanctions are already imposed on Russia and they are coping very well. Any new sanctions will be targeted on Oligarchs given trade sanctions are already about as robust as it can be without doing self harm.

Having said that, the EU will impose sanctions on Russia and now you say that sanctions is a strong response. So which is it? The EU have teeth with sanctions or are they soft like the UK and US by only issuing sanctions and not people. You need to make you mind up.
Let Russia sell its gas to China, it won't hit the U.K.  50% of our gas comes from the North Sea, the rest from Norway. 

How is the EU going to impose sanctions?

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 01:05:12 PM
Russia will just sell their gas to China Nick and then cripple the European economy. It doesn't matter who,  what or why people in Russia live by/on what matters is that it is a patriotic nation that will accept sanctions and hardship for their nation. But in any case, sanctions are already imposed on Russia and they are coping very well. Any new sanctions will be targeted on Oligarchs given trade sanctions are already about as robust as it can be without doing self harm.

Having said that, the EU will impose sanctions on Russia and now you say that sanctions is a strong response. So which is it? The EU have teeth with sanctions or are they soft like the UK and US by only issuing sanctions and not people. You need to make you mind up.
Where would we be boycey without you on the left keeping us abreast with world events and international politics.