Decency in politics?

Started by T00ts, February 11, 2022, 10:29:57 AM

« previous - next »

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: T00ts on February 11, 2022, 10:29:57 AM
There is such a lot of hand wringing going on about how bad Boris and his cohorts are but can anyone think of a truly decent PM? We have Major making a really hypocritical speech decrying Boris when he himself was no angel. I go back through my memory and it seems to me that there has always been problems of one sort or another and certainly through what history lessons I remember it was ever thus. Is it simply that power corrupts or is it possible that to climb doggedly to the top of politics you have to be a nasty piece of work to start with? Any nominations for a decent PM?

Boris gave us Brexit and for that we need to be eternally graceful. What we cannot allow to happen is that Labour gets in.

papasmurf

I can't think of any PM that even comes close to as being as bad as Boris Johnson. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

There is such a lot of hand wringing going on about how bad Boris and his cohorts are but can anyone think of a truly decent PM? We have Major making a really hypocritical speech decrying Boris when he himself was no angel. I go back through my memory and it seems to me that there has always been problems of one sort or another and certainly through what history lessons I remember it was ever thus. Is it simply that power corrupts or is it possible that to climb doggedly to the top of politics you have to be a nasty piece of work to start with? Any nominations for a decent PM?