Trust in the NHS - do you?

Started by Barry, February 11, 2022, 01:16:56 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on February 11, 2022, 01:16:56 PM

I don't trust the NHS 100% any more - do you?
I do, but I don't trust the Tories to fund it properly.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

When I was a boy I had 100% trust in the NHS. If I was ill, Mum would take me to the doctor's surgery. It was about 5 minutes walk on our council estate in Northamptonshire. In my teens we had a great family doctor, a Scot of great knowledge, and he looked after 3 generations of our family, knowing each one personally.
I had my tonsils out as a child and my aunt was a nurse on the ward where I was, which also built trust in the NHS.

At these times, the NHS was, I suppose in early years and had not become the behemoth it is now. It provided a quality of care to treat patients who presented with illnesses and did so the same day.

Today, I live in the relatively rich county of Kent, registered with our doctor in September 2020, and have never seen a doctor.
When I lived in the West Mids we had easy access to doctors. Appointments online made for the next day, in general, and I had blood pressure treatment for nearly 2 years. I had 3 types of tablets, each reduced my BP, but made me ill in a different way. The doctor did everything via his computer while I sat there and his computer told him what to prescribe. I liked him, but he didn't have the sharp decision making skills of my Scots doctor. 

Since moving to Kent, I've had a poo test in the post and not a lot else. I avoid doctors like the plague. I'm not on any medication, so I should consider myself blessed.

I don't trust the NHS 100% any more - do you?
† The end is nigh †