But I hate to break the news

Started by Sheepy, February 15, 2022, 11:21:23 AM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 21, 2022, 12:08:19 PM
Tbf though, it's so called 'liberal' governments of various shades (not just left) who have instigated the biggest kerbs on public freedom in our lifetimes and it's so called 'progressives' who are largely responsible for the ever widening and repressive cancel culture we are now having foisted on us.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me, but the biggest threat to our freedom is not coming from Putin mate, it's a lot more insipid than that. Just look at what Justin Trudeau has done in the last few days.

It's the principle of controlled opposition (although 'influenced opposition' is more accurate).  The global elite try to influence the left and the right.  They failed with the right, and turned to the left, after the left grew in popularity in the sixties.  Free speech becomes manipulated into compelled speech, or compelled silence, i.e. liberty becomes authoritarianism.  It's a very clever slight of hand.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on February 20, 2022, 11:21:50 AM
Love the North east especially Northumberland,the people are friendly but as  is suspected they are known as just like the Scots but have had a lobotomy and you've been assimilated.
:P 
But of course.

Tbf though, it's so called 'liberal' governments of various shades (not just left) who have instigated the biggest kerbs on public freedom in our lifetimes and it's so called 'progressives' who are largely responsible for the ever widening and repressive cancel culture we are now having foisted on us.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me, but the biggest threat to our freedom is not coming from Putin mate, it's a lot more insipid than that. Just look at what Justin Trudeau has done in the last few days.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 09:28:08 AM
it does , becasue we have left wing loonies and modern liberals trying and failing to re write history. We have spoken about it many a time , wether its pulling down statues they are uncomfortable with , and punting empty headed nonsense and half truths about how we are all africans and potentially the first people in these islands were black to suit the modern woke multi cultural ideology.
Well there you go you proved my point if they're failing then it doesn't matter.

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 12:07:37 PM
At least we have inside toilets unlike you skanky fackin mancs .

I dunno I pay you the compliment that unlike the geordies your brains remain intact and you come up with this,all I can say as any manc would "bog off" :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 20, 2022, 11:21:50 AM
Love the North east especially Northumberland,the people are friendly but as  is suspected they are known as just like the Scots but have had a lobotomy and you've been assimilated.
:P :D
At least we have inside toilets unlike you skanky fackin mancs .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 20, 2022, 08:55:56 AM
But you are a handwringing liberal? :D
Love the North east especially Northumberland,the people are friendly but as  is suspected they are known as just like the Scots but have had a lobotomy and you've been assimilated.
:P :D

Thomas

EXCLUSIVE: Cancelled: Channel 5 REMOVES all scenes featuring Mickey Rooney's 'racist' yellow-face character Mr Yunioshi from Breakfast At Tiffany's

• Breakfast At Tiffany's is at the centre of a censorship row with Channel 5 
  • Mickey Rooney's portrayal of Japanese character Mr Yunioshi has long been condemned as racist, but critics say decision to cut the role is 'dangerous' 
  • Rooney wore 'yellowface' make-up, buck teeth and taped his eyes for the role   
  • Channel 5 admitted making cuts to the film but declined to comment further 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10530961/Breakfast-Tiffanys-censorship-claims-Channel-5-axes-scenes-featuring-Mr-Yunioshi.html

::):-[

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 19, 2022, 09:37:54 PM

The whole point is it doesn't matter whether they were black white or somewhere in between they were humans and if we concentrated on that rather than labels the world might be better place,can't see it for a while though.
it does , becasue we have left wing loonies and modern liberals trying and failing to re write history. We have spoken about it many a time , wether its pulling down statues they are uncomfortable with , and punting empty headed nonsense and half truths about how we are all africans and potentially the first people in these islands were black to suit the modern woke multi cultural ideology.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on February 19, 2022, 11:32:47 PM
Yes division is what keeps certain sections in power or rich sometimes both,the problem is if you try to point this out you are a hand wringing liberal.
But you are a handwringing liberal? :D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 08:16:47 PM
We got on well before. He knew what I was then, I don't see why he would hate me now. Disagreement on certain things doesn't detract we had agreement on others it should be said.
Its ok Boycey. No one can accuse me of being a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc. I hate everyone equally.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on February 19, 2022, 11:32:47 PM
Yes division is what keeps certain sections in power or rich sometimes both

It's a bingo.  Divide and conquer.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on February 19, 2022, 10:36:24 PM
That's very inclusive of you, Cromwell.  And I tend to agree in principle.  Unfortunately, we are fed a divisive narrative by both sides.  Whites are privileged, and blacks are virtuous, according to many on the left.  The problem is, what does 'indigenous' mean?
Yes division is what keeps certain sections in power or rich sometimes both,the problem is if you try to point this out you are a hand wringing liberal.

People should be judged on what they do not a stereotype but that's the problem with humanity so many need to feel superior or to hate,both often.

Indigenous? Like history is decided by those with the power,the problem we have in addition to those above is so many want us to be guilty for the past and so many eager to feel guilty.

Im not saying forget history but understand it for what it is  a time of different mores,why should somebody feel guilty for actions they had no control over and why do others think they surely should feel guilty.

Desnt mean there aren't racist now,nazis or anything else,they have to be dealt with on their actions now not used to classify everyone else by association.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on February 19, 2022, 10:36:24 PM
That's very inclusive of you, Cromwell.  And I tend to agree in principle.  Unfortunately, we are fed a divisive narrative by both sides.  Whites are privileged, and blacks are virtuous, according to many on the left.  The problem is, what does 'indigenous' mean?
Black. Even in Saxony.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg on February 19, 2022, 08:05:30 PM
Reading through the thread, virtually everyone has missed the (political) point. On a politics forum. ::)

The point is, this guys appointment to a position in the "leveling up" strategy (if it evens gets off the ground) is being challenged by the liberal left with the same tired old narrative that anyone who speaks up against their agenda is a "racist".

You can bet your f**king house that anyone from Black Lives Matters or any number of "friendly muslim" community representatives would be welcomed onto any "strategy" faster than you can say indigenous, except the moment they have white skin its a f**king problem. Because pointing out that people with white skin are already a minority in the capital of this country makes you a "racist".

I understand that youngsters buy into political correctness, but the day has arrived when even old ****s like on here can't even recognise what is going on and speak up.

Really ?

I saw a report of the left whingeing that someone with the opinion only those immigrants who seek to integrate here should be given the time of say was being given credence... And funding.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on February 19, 2022, 09:37:54 PM
The whole point is it doesn't matter whether they were black white or somewhere in between they were humans and if we concentrated on that rather than labels the world might be better place,can't see it for a while though.

That's very inclusive of you, Cromwell.  And I tend to agree in principle.  Unfortunately, we are fed a divisive narrative by both sides.  Whites are privileged, and blacks are virtuous, according to many on the left.  The problem is, what does 'indigenous' mean?

Scott777

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 12:39:56 PM
Not sure though how straightforward that your claim is though cromwell.

To be honest, I feel as though Cromwell likes to be contrarian, especially when I open my mouth.  😉