But I hate to break the news

Started by Sheepy, February 15, 2022, 11:21:23 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

We all know exactly what it means

Anything except white. Even in Germany.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on February 15, 2022, 08:09:57 PM
I care not for what damage is done to BoZo.  He is basically a criminal.  However, indigenous is generally supposed to mean the 'original' people, or 'first' people of a land, and the genetic descendants.  I've no doubt someone would like to argue over who was 'first', but in the UK it certainly wasn't black or Asian people.
It wasn't the English either, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on February 15, 2022, 10:36:13 PM
Well it was you who mentioned genetic descendants we are all likely descended from them,Neanderthals were Eurasian and interbred with the humans who came from Africa.

Well, you could say we all descended from the same small group of primitive life, but then we are all indigenous to everywhere.  Alternatively, it's a question of how closely related the settlers were to modern Europeans or Asian or Africans.

The point is, the first settlers in Britain must be more closely related to neanderthals and cro-magnons who were evolving in Europe, than to neanderthals and cro-magnons who remained in Africa and Asia.  Unless people were literally moving en masse all over the place throughout.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on February 15, 2022, 10:26:15 PM
Over many thousands of years, and they were not 'Africans' as we know them today, they were neanderthals and cro-magnons.  I doubt African or Asian modern homo-sapiens ever occupied Britain.
Well it was you who mentioned genetic descendants we are all likely descended from them,Neanderthals were Eurasian and interbred with the humans who came from Africa.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on February 15, 2022, 09:51:55 PM
Well the first humans into Europe migrated from Africa.

Over many thousands of years, and they were not 'Africans' as we know them today, they were neanderthals and cro-magnons.  I doubt African or Asian modern homo-sapiens ever occupied Britain.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on February 15, 2022, 08:39:20 PM
Oh dear I couldn't have guessed. I suppose leaders world wide will join him then.

Not all.  There should be trials to assess who has done what.

cromwell

I care not for what damage is done to BoZo.  He is basically a criminal.  However, indigenous is generally supposed to mean the 'original' people, or 'first' people of a land, and the genetic descendants.  I've no doubt someone would like to argue over who was 'first', but in the UK it certainly wasn't black or Asian people.
Well the first humans into Europe migrated from Africa.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on February 15, 2022, 08:29:15 PM
I'm sure you don't want the full answer, going over the same ground.  No, nothing to do with party-gate.  I believe he has committed the crimes of selecting advisors and 'science' to create a fear campaign (propaganda and psychological warfare) and fit a dangerous global vaccination agenda, purely for the profit of big pharma and for political power (digital ID).  I would describe him as a terrorist, and hope trial awaits.  😉
Oh dear I couldn't have guessed. I suppose leaders world wide will join him then.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on February 15, 2022, 08:13:32 PM
That's unfair. Why is he a criminal? Dislike the man for whatever reason but don't label him as something he is not.

I'm sure you don't want the full answer, going over the same ground.  No, nothing to do with party-gate.  I believe he has committed the crimes of selecting advisors and 'science' to create a fear campaign (propaganda and psychological warfare) and fit a dangerous global vaccination agenda, purely for the profit of big pharma and for political power (digital ID).  I would describe him as a terrorist, and hope trial awaits.  😉

T00ts

I care not for what damage is done to BoZo.  He is basically a criminal
.  However, indigenous is generally supposed to mean the 'original' people, or 'first' people of a land, and the genetic descendants.  I've no doubt someone would like to argue over who was 'first', but in the UK it certainly wasn't black or Asian people.
That's unfair. Why is he a criminal? Dislike the man for whatever reason but don't label him as something he is not.

Scott777

I care not for what damage is done to BoZo.  He is basically a criminal.  However, indigenous is generally supposed to mean the 'original' people, or 'first' people of a land, and the genetic descendants.  I've no doubt someone would like to argue over who was 'first', but in the UK it certainly wasn't black or Asian people.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on February 15, 2022, 01:39:43 PMThere's an argument over what 'indigenous' means.
No there isn't you made that up. I will report you to the race relations board and the Aboriginal council. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

There's an argument over what 'indigenous' means. If it's re-defined as meaning anyone born in a country, that would mean that most white people in Australia are indigenous, which would not go down with the Aboriginal population.

In stricter anthropological or genealogical terms, indigenous refers to people whose ancestry is mainly from pool of long-established inhabitants in a country. I don't think anyone's arguing with that. I think the argument is about using the term inappropriately in connection with immigration, cultural diversity and skin colour.

Better to use the word 'assimilated', meaning how well people are integrated into the general population. People shouldn't have to conform to the majority's fashions or social customs but it's best that they are willing and able to fit in to the wider society. And the wider society should embrace that too.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Boris Johnson backs adviser who suggested non-white British-born people are 'not indigenous' (msn.com)
He isn't lying but it is pointless now the damage is done, so I have no idea what all the fuss is about, it is now a foreign land living in a kind of clockwork Orange. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!