Brexit Countdown

Started by Barry, October 09, 2019, 09:25:25 PM

« previous - next »

Conchúr

Quote from: Stevlin post_id=4009 time=1572903681 user_id=66
Oh C'mon Toots....what the hell do you mean by saying "could be"?.....;o)

Do I strike either of you as brainwashed ? Why so, specifically?

Stevlin

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3506 time=1572641025 user_id=54
Luckily I don't do anger because if I did I would be furious at your post. Don't call me a fantasist .You don't know me or anything about me. From your post I could just as easily surmise that you are a brainwashed EU clone. Don't judge me and I will do the same for you.

Oh C'mon Toots....what the hell do you mean by saying "could be"?.....;o)

T00ts

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=3435 time=1572609099 user_id=83
I say this time and time again, for democracy to work properly people have to own it and take responsibility for it. Of course you're discombobulated — because Eurosceptic politicians and commentators who you were inclined to agree with on disliking the EU sold you the greatest con in British political history. The Leave campaign was the most beautifully polished turd we are likely to ever see.  The polish was the wonderfully executed campaign that was slick, resonant and effective in the simplicity of its messages — but under that heavy layer of polish lurked the turd: the tapestry of lies, deflections and fantasies.

Your discombobulation and the dysfunction of British politics right now is a direct result of what happens when you try to apply fantasies to the serious world of politics and economics — the machine can't process them and they get spat back out.   This is not how the Brexiteers told you it would go — the EU would cave, the German carmakers would come to the rescue, the border in Ireland was an easy fix. In essence, logic and realism would melt and bend at the sheer audacity of the UK because experts are fools and details are obfuscation . . . you just had to believe hard enough and all would go well.

Turn your discombobulation to anger, and start aiming your anger at the real culprits — the Brexit politicians who exploited your sincere and legitmate misgivings about the EU but didn't respect you enough to be honest about the real world practicalities of it all.

Luckily I don't do anger because if I did I would be furious at your post. Don't call me a fantasist .You don't know me or anything about me. From your post I could just as easily surmise that you are a brainwashed EU clone. Don't judge me and I will do the same for you.

Sheepy

Like I said the lies spread by the EU,they should get paid to spread,doing it free just seems so robotic.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Conchúr

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3427 time=1572606026 user_id=54
If we don't vote we can't complain, and yet I am so unconvinced anyone deserves my vote again. I don't think there has ever been a time in my voting lifetime when I have felt so discombobulated. I have a palpable sense of unease which is a bit new to me. I can understand why the numbers of mental health problems in the country are on the increase. I really feel that the hopelessness displayed in parliament over the last few years has some big questions to answer.

I say this time and time again, for democracy to work properly people have to own it and take responsibility for it. Of course you're discombobulated — because Eurosceptic politicians and commentators who you were inclined to agree with on disliking the EU sold you the greatest con in British political history. The Leave campaign was the most beautifully polished turd we are likely to ever see.  The polish was the wonderfully executed campaign that was slick, resonant and effective in the simplicity of its messages — but under that heavy layer of polish lurked the turd: the tapestry of lies, deflections and fantasies.

Your discombobulation and the dysfunction of British politics right now is a direct result of what happens when you try to apply fantasies to the serious world of politics and economics — the machine can't process them and they get spat back out.   This is not how the Brexiteers told you it would go — the EU would cave, the German carmakers would come to the rescue, the border in Ireland was an easy fix. In essence, logic and realism would melt and bend at the sheer audacity of the UK because experts are fools and details are obfuscation . . . you just had to believe hard enough and all would go well.

Turn your discombobulation to anger, and start aiming your anger at the real culprits — the Brexit politicians who exploited your sincere and legitmate misgivings about the EU but didn't respect you enough to be honest about the real world practicalities of it all.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=3427 time=1572606026 user_id=54
If we don't vote we can't complain, and yet I am so unconvinced anyone deserves my vote again. I don't think there has ever been a time in my voting lifetime when I have felt so discombobulated. I have a palpable sense of unease which is a bit new to me. I can understand why the numbers of mental health problems in the country are on the increase. I really feel that the hopelessness displayed in parliament over the last few years has some big questions to answer.

i will be out voting SNP , have no fear on that.

I think the brexit party might just take a few seats in this election too, just to hold the tories feet to the fire.

as for labour , im sticking to my guns and think they are in for a big kicking  , but that doesnt mean the tories will automatically benefit.

Im hopeing the tories get wiped out in scotland too.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=3418 time=1572604803 user_id=51

91 days to Brexit  :lol:

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry post_id=3418 time=1572604803 user_id=51
I know what you mean, T00ts. I thought this morning that nothing had changed, even if we had left, nothing here would have changed.

However, The Tories have messed this all up good and proper, Labour are not fit to govern, and the Lib Dems have stated their intention to trash the democratic vote rather than leave.

None of those parties deserve my vote.

Sounds like common sense,unless of course everyone wants more of the same.Which after over 3 years they have shown they mean to keep it that way.

Barry

I know what you mean, T00ts. I thought this morning that nothing had changed, even if we had left, nothing here would have changed.

However, The Tories have messed this all up good and proper, Labour are not fit to govern, and the Lib Dems have stated their intention to trash the democratic vote rather than leave.

None of those parties deserve my vote.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

We should have left last night - again - and I thought I was kinda cool with how things have worked out, but as I listen to pundits, de-selected MPs etc this morning I find myself on a slow burn to anger.

I don't do anger as a rule if I can help it, but this is a seething fury at the games still being played. I have doubts if this GE will change a thing on the Brexit front while it might finish us off as a country depending who wields the No 10 keys. I might have to hibernate for what appears to be becoming another Winter of discontent!

Sheepy

Cheep up Barry,nobody said any of it was easy,it was a lot easier getting in the club of Brussels than getting out,going it alone,how very dare you.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=3071 time=1572427956 user_id=52
So you keep saying,that crystal ball is rubbish,get a new one.

:baah:

Quote from: Findeton post_id=3191 time=1572470692 user_id=76
My crystal ball has been correct so far. You should check yours though.

:kikass:

To be fair, you've both predicted we would not leave. I wonder what will keep us in on 1st February?   :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Findeton

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=3071 time=1572427956 user_id=52

My crystal ball has been correct so far. You should check yours though.

Sheepy

Quote from: Findeton post_id=2847 time=1572331913 user_id=76
I'm not nationalistic Borchie. Anyway, you're not all Englishmen, there the Scottish and Irishmen. Anyway, as Barnier said, this negotiation has been easy. The real negotiation is going to happen once you're out. And you'll be out soon enough, don't worry.