Brexit Countdown

Started by Barry, October 09, 2019, 09:25:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Findeton post_id=2702 time=1572215763 user_id=76
Third time you're resetting the countdown Barry. At the hands of Boris Johnson this time.

Why do you say that? It's common knowledge that the Remain lobby are only too happy to have debating time on the WA in order to amend it. Customs Union, single market, 2nd ref are just some of them. It doesn't fool anyone.

Findeton

Quote from: Barry post_id=2684 time=1572206028 user_id=51
Tomorrow the can will be kicked down the road until 31st January, apparently with a get out early clause if the agreement has been ratified.

Boris is calling for a G.E. tomorrow. Labour are terrified he might get one.

Third time you're resetting the countdown Barry. At the hands of Boris Johnson this time.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=2686 time=1572209493 user_id=51
Media tittle tattle plus the government order papers.

Have you seen a news this evening?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Media tittle tattle plus the government order papers.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=2684 time=1572206028 user_id=51
 Labour are terrified he might get one.

Other than media/press tittle tattle is there any credible evidence for that?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Tomorrow the can will be kicked down the road until 31st January, apparently with a get out early clause if the agreement has been ratified.

Boris is calling for a G.E. tomorrow. Labour are terrified he might get one.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=2345 time=1572001952 user_id=61
I was joking, should have put a smiley face.

But with half the country asking to remain and the other wanting to leave and a faction looking for a hard brexit it's no wonder there's trouble.

There's a massive difference between leaving with a deal and leaving without a deal, not everyone looking to leave would agree with a hard brexit, so it's logical to deduce that it was a minority that want a hard brexit so why is that being pushed ?

Apology accepted!  :roll: The trouble is you see that being party to any treaty with the EU tends to feel like servitude. I don't like the mooted NI arrangement, and any arrangement that leaves the door open to the undemocratic fraternity with a remain agenda worries me. Having said that the vitriol worries me more. It's not healthy for any of us.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2333 time=1571999345 user_id=54That's so unfair!

I was joking, should have put a smiley face.

But with half the country asking to remain and the other wanting to leave and a faction looking for a hard brexit it's no wonder there's trouble.

There's a massive difference between leaving with a deal and leaving without a deal, not everyone looking to leave would agree with a hard brexit, so it's logical to deduce that it was a minority that want a hard brexit so why is that being pushed ?

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=2331 time=1571999147 user_id=61
Most sensible people knew it would be chaos, but not as bad as it will get if there's a hard brexit. Your vote might not be the only homeless thing if there's a hard brexit

That's so unfair!

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=2325 time=1571997309 user_id=54
I'm gonna cry!  :cry:  When I think back to the result and how delighted all us leavers were. How many of us thought for one minute that it would be as tortuous as it has become? How many of us thought it would damage our democracy, our traditions and conventions? How many thought it would lead to vitriol?

Having said all that I wouldn't vote differently - although I might well change parties, my vote is still homeless.

Most sensible people knew it would be chaos, but not as bad as it will get if there's a hard brexit. Your vote might not be the only homeless thing if there's a hard brexit

T00ts

I'm gonna cry!  :cry:  When I think back to the result and how delighted all us leavers were. How many of us thought for one minute that it would be as tortuous as it has become? How many of us thought it would damage our democracy, our traditions and conventions? How many thought it would lead to vitriol?

Having said all that I wouldn't vote differently - although I might well change parties, my vote is still homeless.

Barry

Sorry Findeton, still can't reset the counter for the fourth time.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10209466/brexit-news-france-macron-extension/">//https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10209466/brexit-news-france-macron-extension/

Macron is supposedly wanting a short extension. There's no mention of anyone opposing entirely.

6 days to go.

https://media.tenor.com/images/859f0dc3bccb038047aead409283f317/tenor.gif">
† The end is nigh †

Barry

It was anything but humble, Findeton!  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

Findeton

Quote from: Barry post_id=1931 time=1571777453 user_id=51
9 days to go to a no deal exit, then. The UK is in control, not the EU.  :hattip

The UK has requested the extension. It looks like the EU will accept this third, humble, request. The rest is just procedure, as the Commons is in favour of accepting the request.

Barry

Quote from: Findeton post_id=1929 time=1571777340 user_id=76
Apparently Boris deal passed the second reading in the Commons, but Boris has stopped it because he prefers to have a General Election rather than Brexit on Halloween. Counter reset by Boris request for an extension.

9 days to go to a no deal exit, then. The UK is in control, not the EU.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †