Brexit Countdown

Started by Barry, October 09, 2019, 09:25:25 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=11464 time=1577478954 user_id=61
In 2017 the RSPCA secured 1,492 convictions out of 190,000 investigations. If remain/leave are roughly 50/50 the conviction rate most probably would follow a similar split.

While what was done was disgusting, putting the label "remainer" is totally meaningless and only distracts from the real story and further helps the devide in the people of the UK. Dispicable reporting really.

And out of the 190,000 how many were in the public domain? This guy will be made an example of I feel.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

In 2017 the RSPCA secured 1,492 convictions out of 190,000 investigations. If remain/leave are roughly 50/50 the conviction rate most probably would follow a similar split.

While what was done was disgusting, putting the label "remainer" is totally meaningless and only distracts from the real story and further helps the devide in the people of the UK. Dispicable reporting really.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry post_id=11457 time=1577472484 user_id=51
He is a lawyer and a remainer. He won't get done for anything.

Lawyers who break the law get struck off,on video you say and in black and white.I doubt even the judge can ignore that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=11447 time=1577466621 user_id=52
Proper hard nut,lets see what the judge has to say about that,when he is in front of him,crying like a baby and making up his story.

He is a lawyer and a remainer. He won't get done for anything.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester post_id=11442 time=1577465137 user_id=62
Nasty little sh!t

DICK. The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2

Proper hard nut,lets see what the judge has to say about that,when he is in front of him,crying like a baby and making up his story.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=11437 time=1577460305 user_id=51
It seems some extremist remainers are willing to batter foxes to death, brag about it on Twitter to gain publicity, now he has lost.  :roll:

Nasty little sh!t

DICK. The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=11391 time=1577439588 user_id=48
We are the first to leave other votes of dissatisfaction have been overturned or ignored,this ain't all over yet.

It seems some extremist remainers are willing to batter foxes to death, brag about it on Twitter to gain publicity, now he has lost.  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

Barry

[size=150]35 days to go[/size] which together with the 1282 days so far will make 1317 days since the UK made the decision on Thursday 23rd June 2016.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick post_id=11378 time=1577403497 user_id=73
If our economy is doing well where would the motivation to re-join the EU come from? We've already seen that the electorate don't pay any heed doomsayer MP's.

It's going to be at least 5 years until there is a possibility of the question coming to the forefront again. The economy will be well and truly stable by then.

I don't disagree but leaving the eu won't be all plain sailing  and we may take a hit as I think most people thought an acceptable risk to leave.

The eu won't make a trade deal easy and there are those like Bliar,Major et al who will behind the scenes connive for the hardest of terms and closest compliance and as I said would rather see their own country fail than the European project founder.

We are the first to leave other votes of dissatisfaction have been overturned or ignored,this ain't all over yet.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=11378 time=1577403497 user_id=73
If our economy is doing well where would the motivation to re-join the EU come from? We've already seen that the electorate don't pay any heed doomsayer MP's.

It's going to be at least 5 years until there is a possibility of the question coming to the forefront again. The economy will be well and truly stable by then.

It may be stable, but compared to today's economy will it be the same/better or far worse. The predictions would say worse, due to introducing so many trade barriers. But predictions can be wrong. Is that the sort of gamble your happy taking.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell post_id=11364 time=1577382308 user_id=48
They'll never give up,Frans Timmermans has wrote a love letter to us about us being in two minds about leaving and what a mistake we're making (it's on the Beeb news website) elsewhere they're telling us how it's going to be much worse for us and we'll still have to allow them to fish in our waters zzzzzzzz!

Oh and Adonis says it's only a matter of time before we're back and Thornbury (I never said people who voted leave are thick) stands by a policy of reversing brexit,no T00ts they will connive behind the scenes and would rather see their own country fall than brexit succeed.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=11364 time=1577382308 user_id=48
They'll never give up,Frans Timmermans has wrote a love letter to us about us being in two minds about leaving and what a mistake we're making (it's on the Beeb news website) elsewhere they're telling us how it's going to be much worse for us and we'll still have to allow them to fish in our waters zzzzzzzz!

Oh and Adonis says it's only a matter of time before we're back and Thornbury (I never said people who voted leave are thick) stands by a policy of reversing brexit,no T00ts they will connive behind the scenes and would rather see their own country fall than brexit succeed.

That's just so depressing. There's little worse than a poor loser.  Perhaps their parents let them always win the Christmas bored (pun intended) games.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=11361 time=1577381350 user_id=54
Really? I can't believe they have finally given up. Perhaps they are having Christmas and regrouping.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=11322 time=1577302910 user_id=51
37 days to leaving and it really will happen.

Ever optimistic  :thup:

You need to add a year to that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=11355 time=1577376341 user_id=73
The Lords know how precarious their existence is so I'm only expecting a little cursory resistance. It also looks like the remain force has exhausted all its dirty tricks.

Really? I can't believe they have finally given up. Perhaps they are having Christmas and regrouping.