Brexit Countdown

Started by Barry, October 09, 2019, 09:25:25 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=11350 time=1577372796 user_id=52
They will have to go through the motions this time Toots.They have run out of doggy chances.

The Lords know how precarious their existence is so I'm only expecting a little cursory resistance. It also looks like the remain force has exhausted all its dirty tricks.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts post_id=11323 time=1577304654 user_id=54
Ok I am game to play once more. I might not hold my breath though.

They will have to go through the motions this time Toots.They have run out of doggy chances.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=11322 time=1577302910 user_id=51
37 days to leaving and it really will happen.

Ever optimistic  :thup:

Ok I am game to play once more. I might not hold my breath though.

Barry

37 days to leaving and it really will happen.

Ever optimistic  :thup:
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry post_id=9524 time=1576198262 user_id=51
49 days to go, I think I can post with a bit more confidence.

:thup:

Nick

Quote from: Barry post_id=9524 time=1576198262 user_id=51

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 😉.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

[size=200]54 days[/size] until 31st January. I'm not sure why I'm saying that as it is the 4th countdown and it's all getting rather tiresome.
† The end is nigh †

Stevlin

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8149 time=1575374342 user_id=75
The 2016 referendum was a generalised question which should have been followed by a confirmatory referendum asking the public to choose between the status quo and an implimentable option.

Absolute nonsense...in view of the paucity of referendums in the UK, it was clearly an ABSOLUTELY serious endeavour to obtain the DEMOCRATIC wish of the electorate....and it was called with the PROMISE of the result being implemented.

Geeez - posting  tripe like that indicates that you aren't really qualified to participate in an adult forum....

Stevlin

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8090 time=1575312727 user_id=89
It is the one's fooled into voting leave who worry me.

How strange - it is the undemocratic idiots that believe membership of an absolutely  undemocratic, and totally unnecessary political entity is required  for the furtherance of economic growth, that provide a genuine cause for concern.

They are so foolish, that they cannot even grasp the fact that IF membership of a political entity WAS a sensible concept, it is somewhat surprising that after nearly 5 decades of its existence, other countries have not replicated it elsewhere.

I think THAT in itself speaks volumes!

Ciaphas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=8089 time=1575311863 user_id=63
I think I much prefer the idea of giving remainers the re education they sorely need to understand what it means when you LOSE.

The 2016 referendum was a generalised question which should have been followed by a confirmatory referendum asking the public to choose between the status quo and an implimentable option.

It's no different to asking your friends if they want to go out for food and then asking them where they want to eat since some may change their mind if the resturant isn't one they like.

The problem is the 2016 referendum result has been placed on a pedestal by those desperate to avoid the public being allowed to have a say on whether or not they want the Brexit which is actually on offer.

In the case of the Conservatives they are terrified of the political fallout they would face if they took the referendum result down from it's pedestal and a confirmatory referendum went against their Brexit withdrawal deal.

Most likely The Brexit Party Ltd would take back the UKIP vote the Consevatives won over in 2015 plus many of those who they convinced leaving the EU is all important.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=8089 time=1575311863 user_id=63
I think I much prefer the idea of giving remainers the re education they sorely need to understand what it means when you LOSE.

It is the one's fooled into voting leave who worry me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8071 time=1575305832 user_id=75
If a general election can't resolve the current impasse how about a confirmatory referendum to see if anyone actually wants Mr Johnson's deal?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8071 time=1575305832 user_id=75
If a general election can't resolve the current impasse how about a confirmatory referendum to see if anyone actually wants Mr Johnson's deal?

No, I think you'll find you're dragging a dead horse uphill on the remain / 2nd referendum front. No one is having that. However, IF the GE doesn't resolve the current impasse, I'm half expecting some 600 wrinklies to charge into Parliament and occupy it and sort it out themselves.  :)
† The end is nigh †

Ciaphas

Quote from: Barry post_id=7901 time=1575147564 user_id=51
There's not been a post in the Brexit forum for about 10 days so just to revive the countdown it's only 25 days away now, oh sorry that's something else!

🎅

Brexit is 62 days away, barring any more excuses. Meanwhile, the likely Tory majority is down to 22 and election guru Curtice says any more erosion of the lead could be a hung parliament.  :shock: