So there's a storm

Started by Streetwalker, February 17, 2022, 09:27:02 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

So thats it then . The Mrs who works for a building maintenance firm had a busy day sorting out people who thought the world was coming to an end because they lost a tile off the roof but apart from that a bit windy for sure but a complete over reaction from  the Met office  with the red warning 

I lost one fence panel . When I say I what I should say is the next door neighbour lost one . Not that the lazy so and so will do anything about it so I guess it will be down to me to put back . Ill do it Monday .

HDQQ

Well, the storm's passed now but it was quite a rough ride. The worst since 1987 I think. We were in a different house in '87 but that storm was truly scary - the whole house was shuddering like it was about to implode. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 18, 2022, 07:01:53 AM
Hello is there anybody out there ?

High tide this morning. The COVID fear and shit propagators swear I should have drowned 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I saw a 787 dreamliner from Mexico go over the house this morning and it was obviously having trouble. On flight radar 24 I saw it abort two attempts at landing at Gatwick. It eventually diverted to Manchester. A flight from Austria diverted to Paris. There were lots of aborted landings, I saw about 10 aborted before the gusts seemed to ease a bit and they now seem to be landing first time.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Too dangerous to go outside currently, I don't want to end up "wearing" low flying objects. However I can see no damage (yet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 18, 2022, 12:12:09 AM
Drakeford is a weak and frightened wanker who should have died of the Omicron variant Corona Virus he recently tested positive for by the day before yesterday if his own propaganda on its lethality was real
So weak he isn't afraid to take action?

Listen I get it. The coronavirus was a bit of an over reaction. But a leader gets all the information from his advisors and stands by their instincts. They don't party on whilst telling everyone else to stay at home. I never supported lockdowns so I don't support Drakefords response here. But he isn't weak to go against the Westminster BS train. And he isn't weak to be preemptive. He is however over cautious I guess.

B0ycey

Given this storm is hitting most of southern Britain's hard during the day on Friday, it would have perhaps been prudent for the government to issue a stay at home order if possible and advise school and transport closures in Amber areas given the winds are forecast for 80mph. It shouldn't be up to councils to do that for them. Besides, isn't it half term in England next week?

As I said, just like Johnsons premiership in general his actions are all preemptive and nothing is proactive. And I suspect if we have any major incidents today the opposition will be on top of that. The Tories at the moment are useless when a crisis is predicted it seems.

Streetwalker

Hello is there anybody out there ? 

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 09:56:40 PM
Big storm seems to be hitting during both rush hours on Friday in most of England. Seems the only one who was listening in the Cobra meeting was Drakeford clearly. Wales close schools, England keeps them open. BoJo the clown needs to hope trees don't fall on rush hour traffic given we have warnings and no guidance in England so everyone will be out and about. God help us if we get hit by a hurricane given the government's lack of action.
Drakeford is a weak and frightened wanker who should have died of the Omicron variant Corona Virus he recently tested positive for by the day before yesterday if his own propaganda on its lethality was real
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 17, 2022, 09:27:02 PM
Going to be a big storm overnight and tomorrow but why do they give them such pathetic names , Storm Gerry  or Storm Eugene ect .

Its a fecking Storm , they should be named after Rock bands , Storm Megadeth , Storm Scorpion ,something that will put the frighteners on the Lib Dems   

Storm my fragrant arse. It's a bit of wind and a few raindrops. Put yer wellies and long waterproof coats on you'll be fine.

Rumour has it the winds will hit 100moh here

That will be fun. The old Severn bridge has a max rating of 99 mph perpendicular to the bridge deck, according to its designer who was invited in '75 to tell Cardiff's maths and physics A level students why they would be well advised to consider a career in engineering and boasted his bridge could take a 99mph sidewind before the towers would buckle ...

Barry

Big storm seems to be hitting during both rush hours on Friday in most of England. Seems the only one who was listening in the Cobra meeting was Drakeford clearly. Wales close schools, England keeps them open. BoJo the clown needs to hope trees don't fall on rush hour traffic given we have warnings and no guidance in England so everyone will be out and about. God help us if we get hit by a hurricane [highlight]given the government's lack of action.[/highlight]
And what would Boycey like the government to do? 
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Big storm seems to be hitting during both rush hours on Friday in most of England. Seems the only one who was listening in the Cobra meeting was Drakeford clearly. Wales close schools, England keeps them open. BoJo the clown needs to hope trees don't fall on rush hour traffic given we have warnings and no guidance in England so everyone will be out and about. God help us if we get hit by a hurricane given the government's lack of action.
Why close all schools in England not all will be badly affected,and councils with their cabinets love to use their power.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 17, 2022, 10:07:41 PM
No they don't
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-02-17/the-latest-school-closures-in-the-south-west-as-storm-eunice-approaches

That was the action of the council not the government Cromwell. When you have a Tory government local authorities have to take their own action it seems. All Johnson has done is say the Army is on standby. 

cromwell

No they don't
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2022-02-17/the-latest-school-closures-in-the-south-west-as-storm-eunice-approaches
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on February 17, 2022, 09:40:45 PM
It's inclusion innit, you have to have innocuous or cuddly names Kenneth ,cuthbert,Mavis or buttercup. ;)
Sounds more  like the Donkey's on Margate beach than a warning to stay indoors ;D   . They have all melted around here , schools closed , no double deck buses and  the Mrs is even back at home  for the day , I only got rid of her on Monday .