So there's a storm

Started by Streetwalker, February 17, 2022, 09:27:02 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on February 17, 2022, 09:47:19 PM
I've had one of my kids bending my ear about battening down the hatches for tomorrow. Then to cap it all the energy supplier sent me an email to assure me that they are ready for it and telling me how to batten down! That has to be a first. No-one seems content until we are all panicking! Unless my car gets blown off the drive I have a couple of things booked in tomorrow and anyway the local forecast is a little rougher than usual but I doubt it will ruffle my hair too much.
You sound like my old man,when I was a kid anything described as a crisis he'd say "bunch of bloody pansies making a song and dance about nowt" 

He,d tell us of his time in foreign parts with the forces (the Middle East) and funerals where they'd scream and hit themselves,I won't repeat what he'd say about that. :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 17, 2022, 09:27:02 PM
Going to be a big storm overnight and tomorrow but why do they give them such pathetic names , Storm Gerry  or Storm Eugene ect 
Big storm seems to be hitting during both rush hours on Friday in most of England. Seems the only one who was listening in the Cobra meeting was Drakeford clearly. Wales close schools, England keeps them open. BoJo the clown needs to hope trees don't fall on rush hour traffic given we have warnings and no guidance in England so everyone will be out and about. God help us if we get hit by a hurricane given the government's lack of action.

T00ts

I've had one of my kids bending my ear about battening down the hatches for tomorrow. Then to cap it all the energy supplier sent me an email to assure me that they are ready for it and telling me how to batten down! That has to be a first. No-one seems content until we are all panicking! Unless my car gets blown off the drive I have a couple of things booked in tomorrow and anyway the local forecast is a little rougher than usual but I doubt it will ruffle my hair too much.

cromwell

Going to be a big storm overnight and tomorrow but why do they give them such pathetic names , Storm Gerry  or Storm Eugene ect .

Its a fecking Storm , they should be named after Rock bands , Storm Megadeth , Storm Scorpion ,something that will put the frighteners on the Lib Dems   
It's inclusion innit, you have to have innocuous or cuddly names Kenneth ,cuthbert,Mavis or buttercup. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Going to be a big storm overnight and tomorrow but why do they give them such pathetic names , Storm Gerry  or Storm Eugene ect .

Its a fecking Storm , they should be named after Rock bands , Storm Megadeth , Storm Scorpion ,something that will put the frighteners on the Lib Dems   
Dancing Dancing Dancing 

Streetwalker