Labour and Lib Dems to fight 'Tories first' in pact to take Conservative seats

Started by Thomas, February 18, 2022, 11:23:04 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on February 18, 2022, 01:08:17 PM
She is a remainer in more ways than one then. ;)
Well we will see cromwell.  Eu remainer is undoubted , and has been for years. Uk remainer?

Stuart campbell and many others ( of wings fame etc) have been calling her out for years. I didnt believe it till recently  , but here we are.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2022, 01:06:29 PM
Take it from me borkie , scotland wont get independence while nicola sturgeon is in charge.

I hope im proved wrong , but i doubt it.

What happens now?

Looks a bit of a stalemate for the minute on all fronts is what im thinking.
She is a remainer in more ways than one then. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2022, 12:18:07 PM

Be that as it way be, what happens now? What with all her political opponents scattered like chaff, will little Nickie now go for Indy2 or what?
Take it from me borkie , scotland wont get independence while nicola sturgeon is in charge.

I hope im proved wrong , but i doubt it.

What happens now?

Looks a bit of a stalemate for the minute on all fronts is what im thinking.

Thomas

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2022, 12:18:07 PM
Sad stuff Tommy. Due to the ingratitude of Morayloon and co, Dougie Ross has realised that he and his fellow Tories have no future in Scottish politics and now rely upon the local soap kitchens for substance. That is fair enough. But I can't see an alliance between the Brothers and Sisters and the Limp Dicks working out well.

Be that as it way be, what happens now? What with all her political opponents scattered like chaff, will little Nickie now go for Indy2 or what?
What are they serving up bubble and squeak? :D

As to the rest no I don't see a coalition of Mr Punch and Ed Divvy being anything of merit,I think the times they can pretend they're are listening and we are still gullible enough to believe that are coming to an end.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2022, 12:34:30 PM
We would still be in the EU and there would be week long holidays devoted to kissing Ursula Leyen's bum?
Sounds good to me. Better than kissing Johnsons bum.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 18, 2022, 12:24:20 PM
Five years too late I am afraid. Could you imagine what could have happened had the remain vote worked together.

We would still be in the EU and there would be week long holidays devoted to kissing Ursula Leyen's bum?
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2022, 11:23:04 AM
Sir Keir Starmer's Labour party is going to work alongside the Liberal Democrats to target Conservative seats in the next General Election.
Five years too late I am afraid. Could you imagine what could have happened had the remain vote worked together. It was after all the consensus. But in any case I support anything that gets the Tories out, even coalitions.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 18, 2022, 11:23:04 AM
Sir Keir Starmer's Labour party is going to work alongside the Liberal Democrats to target Conservative seats in the next General Election.
The Labour party will concentrate on forming a "non-aggression pact" with the Liberal Democrats to streamline "limited resources", according to senior Labour sources.
Both parties suggest that working together will play to their electoral mathematical advantage, as Labour will focus less on capturing 30 Liberal Democrat target seats such as Ceredigion and Brecon and Radnorshire.
Keir Starmer's allies spoke to the Financial Times about running a "minimal campaign."
"If both parties put resources into where they are most likely to win, you end up with more Labour seats and more Lib Dem seats."
Looking forward to discuss a potential hung parliament, they told the newspaper: "We can't be in a position like we were in 2010 when we barely knew each other."
Labour and the Lib Dems have not yet agreed to a formal general election pact.
Sir Keir Starmer has urged his party to "ruthlessly focus" on Labour's target seats in the election.
Senior Labour sources said: "We will run everywhere and fight everywhere but we don't have unlimited resources so it makes sense to concentrate those on where we have the most chance of winning a seat."
"If you look at where our target seats are, in England they are almost all Tory seats."
In the next General Election, which is likely to be in 2024, the Liberal Democrats said they will target the Tory seats which were won in the 2019 election.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/labour-and-lib-dems-to-fight-tories-first-in-pact-to-take-conservative-seats-at-next-election/228641

Sad stuff Tommy. Due to the ingratitude of Morayloon and co, Dougie Ross has realised that he and his fellow Tories have no future in Scottish politics and now rely upon the local soap kitchens for substance. That is fair enough. But I can't see an alliance between the Brothers and Sisters and the Limp Dicks working out well.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

The Labour party will concentrate on forming a "non-aggression pact" with the Liberal Democrats to streamline "limited resources", according to senior Labour sources.
Both parties suggest that working together will play to their electoral mathematical advantage, as Labour will focus less on capturing 30 Liberal Democrat target seats such as Ceredigion and Brecon and Radnorshire.
Keir Starmer's allies spoke to the Financial Times about running a "minimal campaign."
"If both parties put resources into where they are most likely to win, you end up with more Labour seats and more Lib Dem seats."
Looking forward to discuss a potential hung parliament, they told the newspaper: "We can't be in a position like we were in 2010 when we barely knew each other."
Labour and the Lib Dems have not yet agreed to a formal general election pact.
Sir Keir Starmer has urged his party to "ruthlessly focus" on Labour's target seats in the election.
Senior Labour sources said: "We will run everywhere and fight everywhere but we don't have unlimited resources so it makes sense to concentrate those on where we have the most chance of winning a seat."
"If you look at where our target seats are, in England they are almost all Tory seats."
In the next General Election, which is likely to be in 2024, the Liberal Democrats said they will target the Tory seats which were won in the 2019 election.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/labour-and-lib-dems-to-fight-tories-first-in-pact-to-take-conservative-seats-at-next-election/228641