Started by Thomas, February 18, 2022, 02:00:43 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 23, 2022, 11:41:55 AM
??
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-digby-jones-index-2/
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-davis-downside-dossier-2/

They don't count ?

But as this article explains brexit is a long drawn out process, as I have said many times, a death by a thousand cuts.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/may/31/uk-growth-upgraded-but-oecd-warns-of-deepest-economic-scar-in-g7-brexit-covid-19
The UK economy is now back to Pre-Covid levels which also means it's above Pre-Brexit levels. So where ever the UK has gone down it has gone up in other places, which is hardly surprising seeing as we left the EU.

So again, seeing as the economy hasn't gone down where is the UK suffering? We have just left the EU, some businesses that failed to prepare have obviously suffered (tough), but the that prepared and the businesses that have started trading on the back of new opportunities have boomed.

Where is the suffering Gerry?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on February 23, 2022, 09:18:14 AM
Actually not especially. There are still plenty who would drag us back into the past. They forget the recent debacle of Covid vaccines where we left the EU standing at the gates of confusion while they talked ad nauseum with little or no action, eventually getting rather cross when suddenly they realised that the UK had got there first. How many lives were lost by their pique and especially Macron's. Brussels - the big puffed up self important extra layer of Government - what a complete waste they are.
Yes, how many lives were lost.  Do you think the UK response to covid, looking at lives lost was a success when compared to others ?
The vaccine roll out, restrictions and anything to do with Covid was decided upon by each member state. The only "win" the UK had was in approving AZ before the EU, but the UK still didn't get its population vaccinated before other EU countries, such as IRL which overtook the UK.

Deaths in IRL 6,452 population 5million = 1 death in 775 people.
Deaths in UK 161,000 population 67million = 1 death in 416 people.

Nearly twice the death rate to your next door neighbour and Italy was worse but they were hit very badly at the start, Germany 1 in 682, Spain 1 in 480 and they had it bad early also. You think the EU was slow and the UK world beating ?  If Johnson had not gone for heard immunity ::) at the start and then removing restrictions at Christmas those numbers might not have been so bad. But he loves a party. 

The UK shouldn't be feeling great about their response to covid, it was bad, really bad. But for about 3 months, taking a risk on authorising a drug not fully tested, you felt like kings. Look at the full picture.

Nick

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on February 23, 2022, 09:18:14 AM
Actually not especially. There are still plenty who would drag us back into the past. They forget the recent debacle of Covid vaccines where we left the EU standing at the gates of confusion while they talked ad nauseum with little or no action, eventually getting rather cross when suddenly they realised that the UK had got there first. How many lives were lost by their pique and especially Macron's. Brussels - the big puffed up self important extra layer of Government - what a complete waste they are.
The past is very pertinant to the present and the future toots. Your own conseravtive ideology is the very preservance of that past in terms of history  , and social and cultural institutions.

Gerry doesnt want to drag us into the past.......what gerry wants is to re write history in his favour.

In his mind eye , his ego is telling him he is a masterfull debater who is posting compelling points on brexit , to the rest of us , he is the pub bore. I dont know as i said yesterday how many times we can re argue the same old points over and over.

We all know more or less the pros and cons of the EU and membership. We held a vote , after many years of debate which continues to this very day , and decided to leave.

The gerrys of this world cant accept that. Isnt democracy hard for some people?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on February 23, 2022, 09:04:40 AM
You mean like jackanory Gerry?

:D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on February 23, 2022, 08:50:32 AM
For me the biggest problem I have had since Brexit is listening to those who have changed the story of the lead up to the referendum vote and everything since in an effort to persuade me that they were right all the time and that I have lost my senses. I spent over 40 years watching politicians trying to tell me the same and attempt repeatedly to pull the wool over my eyes while all the time the European project rolled on mostly unhindered to become a monster, and it continues today.
You mean like jackanory Gerry?

:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2022, 10:33:58 PM
But after asking 3 times you still haven't showed me where the U.K. is suffering from Brexit.
For me the biggest problem I have had since Brexit is listening to those who have changed the story of the lead up to the referendum vote and everything since in an effort to persuade me that they were right all the time and that I have lost my senses. I spent over 40 years watching politicians trying to tell me the same and attempt repeatedly to pull the wool over my eyes while all the time the European project rolled on mostly unhindered to become a monster, and it continues today.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 22, 2022, 12:53:27 PM
You and me both, but then I remember when it was 10**12 not 10**9 ......
I was alright when a milliard was 10^9 and a billion 10^12, but I can't get my head around this new maths

I blame Brexit
:):)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 22, 2022, 05:01:13 PM
Why don't you read it as it was written.
First Brexit is a problem, most commentators inside and outside the UK have said this. I linked in a post earlier a list of problems, it's no secret.But with Covid being put behind us, Brexit has no where to hide, maybe you'll blame Ukraine or Climate change. It's never a brexit caused problem, is it ?
But after asking 3 times you still haven't showed me where the U.K. is suffering from Brexit. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2022, 08:46:56 AMThis post just shows the nonsense you spout. 

Whatever chance their was of that happening, it's moving further and further away, thanks to the sh1tshow that is Brexit.

And then this. 

grappled with covid, now that seems to be behind us the true impact of brexit will be tracked.

So on one hand you say Brexit is on view for the EU to see how bad it is, and immediately afterwards you say Brexit will now start to show. 

How about you show some figures where Brexit is so bad. 
Why don't you read it as it was written.
First Brexit is a problem, most commentators inside and outside the UK have said this. I linked in a post earlier a list of problems, it's no secret.
Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 06:12:11 PMWhatever chance their was of that happening, it's moving further and further away, thanks to the sh1tshow that is Brexit.
But with Covid being put behind us, Brexit has no where to hide, maybe you'll blame Ukraine or Climate change. It's never a brexit caused problem, is it ?
Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 06:12:11 PMRemember Brexit only really started last yr as countries grappled with covid, now that seems to be behind us the true impact of brexit will be tracked.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2022, 05:17:08 PM
Oops, you are right. I always confuse my billions with millions.

So we shall see.
You and me both, but then I remember when it was 10**12 not 10**9 ......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on February 19, 2022, 10:14:31 AMit's their govt that has their days numbered
I guess you Europhiles never learn then, always thinking of regime change. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 06:12:11 PM
Whatever chance their was of that happening, it's moving further and further away, thanks to the sh1tshow that is Brexit. Remember Brexit only really started last yr as countries grappled with covid, now that seems to be behind us the true impact of brexit will be tracked.
This post just shows the nonsense you spout. 

QuoteWhatever chance their was of that happening, it's moving further and further away, thanks to the sh1tshow that is Brexit.

And then this. 

Quotegrappled with covid, now that seems to be behind us the true impact of brexit will be tracked.

So on one hand you say Brexit is on view for the EU to see how bad it is, and immediately afterwards you say Brexit will now start to show. 

How about you show some figures where Brexit is so bad. 

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 12:06:38 PM
We will see. If anymore nations leave your holy EU gerry , i dread to think the state you will get yourself into.:D
Whatever chance their was of that happening, it's moving further and further away, thanks to the sh1tshow that is Brexit. Remember Brexit only really started last yr as countries grappled with covid, now that seems to be behind us the true impact of brexit will be tracked.