The Queen tests positive for Covid-19

Started by Thomas, February 20, 2022, 02:39:31 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 07:25:37 PM
Sorry but still averaging 200 a day, and that will skyrocket with the idiot clowns removal of all legally enforceable constraints.
From those 200 a day, most aren't related to Covid Pappy. I understand you are invested in the farce but I don't see why everyone needs to follow suit. If you are happy wearing masks and staying away and keeping indoors continue to do so. If someone else feels this is OTT then let them do whatever. Covid is here to stay and you need to act to that indefinitely. You might as well start today.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 07:20:29 PM
Not really Pappy. 
Sorry but still averaging 200 a day, and that will skyrocket with the idiot clowns removal of all legally enforceable constraints.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2022, 07:15:18 PM
It is still killing significant number of people.
Not really Pappy. They aren't anywhere near Cancer now and even the BBC are explaining that death figures doesn't actually mean relation to covid but being tested of it within 28 days. But if you feel save you better stay at home. Everyone else will just carry on without you. Its OK, we don't mind. Just keep your door closed and keep safe.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 06:58:12 PM
From what I heard it is just a sniffle. If a 95 year old woman can over come the deadly pandemic with nothing more than a hanky and Vice, then I say it is time to ditch going around with paper masks and staying two meters away.
It is still killing significant number of people.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

From what I heard it is just a sniffle. If a 95 year old woman can over come the deadly pandemic with nothing more than a hanky and Vice, then I say it is time to ditch going around with paper masks and staying two meters away.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on February 20, 2022, 04:08:20 PM

Like I keep saying if they want the firm not to fold they need to skip big ears and have a new modern more in tune chairman of the board.
Dunno Ollie.  The trouble with modernising the monarchy is that a lot of us like the old fashioned variety, which is just as well with Big Ears stuck in the high farming culture of the 1690s. And wanting to re-roof all the skyscrapers with thatch.

But I reckon that Camilla will keep him on track.

Anyway, as I have probably said before, Betty Windsor has done her bit by the country and I hope she creaks on a bit longer
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles are want to be crowned side by side during a scaled-back coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey according to a Royal source.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

For obvious reasons this ain't good and in any event she is coming to the end of a long reign.

And as clearly I'm no royalist she has though done a superb job as a monarch,can't say the same of her parenting skills.

Like I keep saying if they want the firm not to fold they need to skip big ears and have a new modern more in tune chairman of the board.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Charlie will be pleased.

Now he's had the protocol changed so Camilla gets to be Queen there's really no need for further delay ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

She hasn't looked well ever since her vaccination and her lifes partner has moved on, not that a cold at her age wouldn't be nasty anyway.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Being fully vaccinated she should avoid the worst of the covid infection though obviously there will be concern given her age . Just shows though that nobody is safe from covid 

Thomas

The Queen has contracted Covid, Buckingham Palace has announced.
The monarch, 95, has tested positive for the virus and is experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms" but expects to carry out "light duties" this week.
The head of state has fallen ill after it was confirmed she had been in direct contact with her eldest son and heir, the Prince of Wales, the week he had the disease.
Covid symptoms may appear from two to 14 days after exposure to the virus, but it is understood a number of cases have also been diagnosed among the Windsor Castle team.
The shock announcement was made just a few weeks after the nation's longest-reigning monarch reached her historic Platinum Jubilee of 70 years on the throne on February 6.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "Buckingham Palace confirm that The Queen has today tested positive for Covid.
"Her Majesty is experiencing mild cold-like symptoms but expects to continue light duties at Windsor over the coming week.
"She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines.
Concern across the nation will be at peak levels for the Queen given her advanced age and her health scare in recent months, and her popularity in a country where many have known no other monarch on the throne.
The Royal Household has its own royal physicians and the Queen's doctors will be on hand to take care of and monitor the head of state, with Professor Sir Huw Thomas, head of the Medical Household and Physician to the Queen, expected to be in charge.
The monarch carried out her first major public engagement for more than three months on Saturday February 5, the eve of her Jubilee, when she met charity workers at Sandringham House, cut a celebratory cake and used a walking stick to rest on.
The Queen is understood to be triple vaccinated but she had been on doctors' order to rest since mid October, after cancelling a run of engagements and spending a night in hospital undergoing preliminary tests.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/the-queen-tests-positive-for-covid-19/230163
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!