Has the campaign to oust Boris Johnson collapsed?

Started by Thomas, February 20, 2022, 03:29:45 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice
Both T00ts and I have looked at this,number of posts removed,can we please quit with calling people liars.

Whether someone made a prediction or not is irrelevant getting it wrong doesn't make you a liar.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Coming back on track, has Boris responded to his questionnaire yet and who is paying his lawyers bills, us or him....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 08:43:04 PM
its not an ad hom pointing out when a liar tells lies. its there in black and white.
Well it is an adhom to attack the user and not the argument which is what you ALWAYS DO. And yes it is there in black and white, not supporting your claim as it doesn't say Johnson would be gone by now.

B0ycey

What can I say Thomas, I am surprised. It wasn't a cast iron certainty and relies on the ethics of Tory MPs.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 08:09:18 PM

facts! :D

You were on here in january implying he had to go , and mentioning immediate successors , then you slowly realised he wasnt going to go , then bet borkie he would be gone by mays local elections , and then it was spun out even further.

I tell you boycey , you are too naive for the brutal world of uk politics. You need a hug from the brothers and sisters .
You are making it up as you go along like always Thomas. Sure I have spoken about who might take over but I have been clear that his fate is solely down to Tory MPs and not the electorate for at least three years

As for Borkies bet, it is regards to the next election in 2024 and not the locals in May.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:03:54 PM
People believe what they want to believe. I just give people the facts. If they want to believe your strawman and Ad-homs along with a barrage of rants then I don't care. My interest is lurkers not people like Sheepy.

facts! :D

You were on here in january implying he had to go , and mentioning immediate successors , then you slowly realised he wasnt going to go , then bet borkie he would be gone by mays local elections , and then it was spun out even further.

I tell you boycey , you are too naive for the brutal world of uk politics. You need a hug from the brothers and sisters .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 20, 2022, 07:55:48 PM
like i said to you yesterday , from now on , we must all take what you say with a large pinch of salt.
People believe what they want to believe. I just give people the facts. If they want to believe your strawman and Ad-homs along with a barrage of rants then I don't care. My interest is lurkers not people like Sheepy.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 07:54:08 PM
Nobody promised the clown would be gone by now @Thomas. I did however say I believe Johnson will have his Caesar moment after May and bet £100 with Borkie he won't be Leader in the next GE.
like i said to you yesterday , from now on , we must all take what you say with a large pinch of salt.

B0ycey

Nobody promised the clown would be gone by now @Thomas. I did however say I believe Johnson will have his Caesar moment after May and bet £100 with Borkie he won't be Leader in the next GE.

B0ycey

What is going on @Thomas is BoJo doesn't have a moral backbone and is clinging on come what May. Tory MPs haven't got a spine to hand in their letters and the opposition have given up calling for him to resign as the longer he is in power the better their polling figures become. If you want to know whether BoJo will remain in power you will have to wait until May. A bad local election and Tory loyalty is over and a new leader will be put in place to try and salvage something before they all lose their seats.

Thomas

Thomas

Aye thats what i want to know. Boycey pappy et al were assuring me on here the ohter week boris would be gone. As ever , the crystal ball gazing falls short in lefty la la land , and he is still there. Whats going on boycey?

Its fast becoming a race to the bottom to see who has the worst prediction rate , quachers , pappy , or the new entrant to the fray , chairman boycey.

Has the campaign to oust Boris Johnson collapsed?

Until Tory MPs are sure that the Prime Minister cannot rise again, they will continue to endure his faltering leadership

The spell has broken," a Tory strategist told me a few weeks ago in reference to Boris Johnson's hold over the Conservative Party. Shortly thereafter, five back-bench Tory MPs – none of them natural rebels – publicly called for Johnson to go within days of each other. Johnson appeared unable to stem neither the calls for his resignation nor the trickle of damning revelations: the Daily Mirror reported that it had seen a picture of Johnson holding a beer at a No 10 party. The publication of the photos and others like it seemed imminent.

But no such pictures have been published, and No 10 has asked the police to refrain from releasing any as part of its investigation. Sue Gray's inquiry is also reportedly unlikely to include any of the extensive visual evidence that she has collected. After a week-long recess, and with all attention now turned to a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine, the campaign to oust Johnson has lost momentum. The calls from Conservative MPs for Johnson to step down have dried up, and the shock resignation of Johnson's most loyal No 10 aide, Munira Mirza, on 3 February feels distant.
A key Tory MP – a member of the government who is one day sure to feature prominently atop it – this week highlighted to me two reasons why he thinks Johnson will remain in post for now. First, there is no obvious alternative to Johnson, as we have noted before. Second, and perhaps more importantly, the possibility remains that Johnson could recover from the collapse in his approval ratings precipitated by partygate. The Tories will continue to bear with him until his current unpopularity proves to be genuinely permanent, the MP suggested.
The reality is that the Johnson spell has not, in fact, quite broken for many Tory MPs. Talking to them sometimes feels like canvassing the cast of Succession ahead of its latest uncertain attempt to defenestrate Logan Roy. Many appear to be trapped by inertia, unwilling to commit to unproved rivals and come out against the fading king. 
Those who want to remove Johnson have to persuade the many Tom Wambsgans among their ranks – they have watched Johnson's rivals fall flat for years and never yet seen Johnson defeated for good. Michael Gove once wielded the knife against Johnson; now he is among the Prime Minister's most loyal defenders, in public and in private.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/conservatives/2022/02/has-the-campaign-to-oust-boris-johnson-collapsed

I tell you  , ye cannae rely on englands left to do anything.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  :D

# boris will be gone this time tomorrow they said.#

#partygate finished him #

;D