Has the campaign to oust Boris Johnson collapsed?

Started by Thomas, February 20, 2022, 03:29:45 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on February 22, 2022, 08:11:26 PM
In the UK you mean? Perhaps you are right. But Johnson isn't liked in Europe, getting sidelined in talks, with Macron and Scholz taking what would have been once the UKs role. Dont get me wrong, I am glad the UK is being sidelined even by the Americans right now given we have been the poodle for far too long. But we do need a leader who is respected right now in any case and really even though they (the Tories) are all shit, anyone would be a step up from Johnson.
Well I'll take that on the chin as a Conservative myself, but of course I could say that that is just a glib comment and patently untrue, but then you would no doubt feel the same if I described your chosen ideology and those who follow it the same (without the language of course)  Dancing

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 22, 2022, 08:05:59 PM
I don't think such a thing exists at present.

In the UK you mean? Perhaps you are right. But Johnson isn't liked in Europe, getting sidelined in talks, with Macron and Scholz taking what would have been once the UKs role. Dont get me wrong, I am glad the UK is being sidelined even by the Americans right now given we have been the poodle for far too long. But we do need a leader who is respected right now in any case and really even though they (the Tories) are all shit, anyone would be a step up from Johnson.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on February 22, 2022, 08:04:07 PM
Well I disagree. This is the time to change the clown. We need a leader who is respected around the world.
I don't think such a thing exists at present. 

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on February 22, 2022, 07:39:51 PM
I think the Conservatives let alone the HofC would be plain daft to pursue a change of PM right now. The saying that a week is a long time in politics has been proved and the collective focus of MPs must surely have moved now to current crises and away from whether Boris had a drink at a so called party. If he can keep his concentration now when it really counts perhaps he will ride the internal storm.
Well I disagree. This is the time to change the clown. We need a leader who is respected around the world.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on February 22, 2022, 07:39:51 PM
I think the Conservatives let alone the HofC would be plain daft to pursue a change of PM right now. The saying that a week is a long time in politics has been proved and the collective focus of MPs must surely have moved now to current crises and away from whether Boris had a drink at a so called party. If he can keep his concentration now when it really counts perhaps he will ride the internal storm.
Toots  ,johnson is going no where. I have maintained it for a long while. There have been reports of is on off demise now going on for two years .

Providing he doesnt do anything silly , keeps a low profile , then i would say the local elections are his next big trial. Providing he doesnt have catastrophic losses , then he might be ok with them as well.

Like i said , with many of his enemies , its more wishfull thinking than anything else.

Im thinking sturgeon could have issues rather than johnson. We will see.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

johnofgwent

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 20, 2022, 10:01:25 PM
Coming back on track, has Boris responded to his questionnaire yet and who is paying his lawyers bills, us or him....
Sad git quotes own post

I saw a news site article suggesting he has.

So now we wait and see....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Scott777

Boris may survive now that he has dropped nearly all Covid restrictions.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 08:39:59 AM
i am not telling  a lie. Here is what you said....

https://pol-tics.com/united-kingdom-politics/2/downing-street-woes/2212/msg81903#msg81903
Mod Notice

I think it has been well established that this was a typo at the time so perhaps we can drop the jibes on the subject. It is well past it's joke factor date.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 21, 2022, 08:48:57 AM
Anyway yes it would appear Johnson has seen off the attack on his leadership and become stronger for it

The traitors within have shown their faces , he knows those who he must keep on the backbenches and those to promote to the front . Only the people can remove him now and I dont think they have an appetite for it given the alternatives on offer .
as i said to chairman boycey yesterday , people like him were smugly saying johnson would be gone by the end of january and he is still there.

Thats the trouble with the loony left , they believe their own hype. Still on forums like this punting the same old shite about the mythical remain majority that never appears at election time despite losing every vote over the last 7 years.

I dont think johnson is going anywhere myself streetwalker. Ther is a small chance if he has a really bad local elections that things may hot up behind the scenes at tory hq to remove him , but i am quietly confdent that muppet starmer is more than capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think the interesting thing this year is sturgeon retaining credibility over indyref 2 , and if northern ireland get a sinn fein first minister.

Streetwalker

Anyway yes it would appear Johnson has seen off the attack on his leadership and become stronger for it 

The traitors within have shown their faces , he knows those who he must keep on the backbenches and those to promote to the front . Only the people can remove him now and I dont think they have an appetite for it given the alternatives on offer .

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 21, 2022, 08:35:42 AM
Thomas I have polite for the last time request do not keep lying about me. I have never and never would vote for the disgusting, nasty,  Tories.  Your keeping on repeating the lie I have is personal abuse, and harassment. Desist.
i am not telling  a lie. Here is what you said....

QuoteI voted Tory tactically. You know zero about the constituency I live in.
https://pol-tics.com/united-kingdom-politics/2/downing-street-woes/2212/msg81903#msg81903

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 08:03:46 AM
you shoudnt have voted for him then.
Thomas I have polite for the last time request do not keep lying about me. I have never and never would vote for the disgusting, nasty,  Tories.  Your keeping on repeating the lie I have is personal abuse, and harassment. Desist.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 21, 2022, 07:53:58 AM
If "my" Tory MP is anything to go by they don't have any ethics or morals.
you shoudnt have voted for him then.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 20, 2022, 08:31:43 PM
What can I say Thomas, I am surprised. It wasn't a cast iron certainty and relies on the ethics of Tory MPs.
If "my" Tory MP is anything to go by they don't have any ethics or morals.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe