Von der Leyen ignored AGAIN on world stage as Macron scrambles to save face

Started by Thomas, February 21, 2022, 08:25:41 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 22, 2022, 01:04:02 PM
Not only that, my chance of influencing her getting the job is zero. At least in the UK if I get pissed off enough at the jerk in charge all I need is a soap box five hundred people pissed off enough to give me a quid, and enough people equally cheesed off to vote for me and others of a like mind.

To get the EU to see sense is impossible
MEP's - elections held in the UK, you don't need 500 people or a soap box
EU Council member - elections held in the UK, whoever becomes PM in the UK gets this job.
EU commissioner - appointed by your PM, not directly elected but selected by the people you elect.
That's the 3 power houses of the EU.
Dominic Cummings - ran the UK from the back seat, not elected
Lords - Not elected, Johnson added 36 to this list of lifers, one a russian born newspaper owner with his KGB father.

And you have issues with the EU's system !!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on February 21, 2022, 09:31:35 PM
Exactly, she doesn't represent a country, does she?
Not only that, my chance of influencing her getting the job is zero. At least in the UK if I get pissed off enough at the jerk in charge all I need is a soap box five hundred people pissed off enough to give me a quid, and enough people equally cheesed off to vote for me and others of a like mind.

To get the EU to see sense is impossible 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on February 22, 2022, 12:32:39 AM
I don't have to search I can remember it well,when you were echoing little Leo on the fact we couldn't fly anywhere I reminded you Ireland often called on the services of the RAF when Russians came snooping.
And that's when you told me you needed no such thing. :P
Now I know your making it up. I never said the UK couldn't fly anywhere, at most I said the UK would lose the ability to do flights internally in the EU, which the UK did lose.
IRL and the UK have an agreement on air space defense, the UK benefits from this as they want a further reach in protecting their territory, being excluded from Irish airspace would diminish UK defense. We could do like Iceland and many other countries and have NATO protect our airspace. The UK doesn't do favors, or when you do, like the money you loaned during the crash, the helping hand comes with a serious sting in the tail.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on February 22, 2022, 12:01:13 AM
Well you would have to put that into context, I'm guessing finding my quote is difficult, but that doesn't sound like something I would say. No we don't need a large army to go invade russia, but we would need some army to protect against some threats. But for me, a shared army, such as NATO or even better an EU one. For example, if Russia decided to invade the UK or Ireland, that might take a week or two for them to take control, but an EU army would be a different thing. The benefit being no one country would have control, so it couldn't go off on a bat sh1t crazy weapons of mass destruction folly.
I don't have to search I can remember it well,when you were echoing little Leo on the fact we couldn't fly anywhere I reminded you Ireland often called on the services of the RAF when Russians came snooping.
And that's when you told me you needed no such thing. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on February 21, 2022, 11:48:40 PM
Funny that Gerry you told me a while back you in Ireland need no defence.
Well you would have to put that into context, I'm guessing finding my quote is difficult, but that doesn't sound like something I would say. No we don't need a large army to go invade russia, but we would need some army to protect against some threats. But for me, a shared army, such as NATO or even better an EU one. For example, if Russia decided to invade the UK or Ireland, that might take a week or two for them to take control, but an EU army would be a different thing. The benefit being no one country would have control, so it couldn't go off on a bat sh1t crazy weapons of mass destruction folly.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 11:38:33 PM
Only a nothing in your eyes, a man that has travelled a 1000 times more than another would normally have a better understanding and respect of others values/choices. If you don't want to be in the EU that's fine, it was your choice to leave and nobody tried to stop you.
What's wrong with an EU army, seems a great idea to me. Cut defense spending in each country and take a united front to defense, makes perfect sense.  You don't seem to grasp the concept of the EU, it's not a country, it is a group of countries working together, in a way not replicated anywhere else. Lets face it, who would want to be in the UK, where one partner of the 4 tells everyone else how its going to be, no thanks.
Most UK delas are roll overs, in other words EU deals replicated. The big deal you have done with the EU, but your not happy with that one. The other is Australia which added 0.02% to your GDP over the next 15years, in other words not worth the paper it's written on. Maybe you should spend a little more time on these deals and try get something out of them.
Funny that Gerry you told me a while back you in Ireland need no defence.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on February 21, 2022, 10:37:09 PM
Why would anybody respect a nothing? They've got a national anthem but they're not a nation, they've got a flag but they don't own a single sq foot of soil in which to plant it. Now they want an army, which they categorically denied.

They're a joke, and it will only get worse for them, it takes them 7 years to do a deal the U.K. can do in 12 months. The rope burns on your ankles must be horrific Gerry 😂
Only a nothing in your eyes, a man that has travelled a 1000 times more than another would normally have a better understanding and respect of others values/choices. If you don't want to be in the EU that's fine, it was your choice to leave and nobody tried to stop you.
What's wrong with an EU army, seems a great idea to me. Cut defense spending in each country and take a united front to defense, makes perfect sense.  You don't seem to grasp the concept of the EU, it's not a country, it is a group of countries working together, in a way not replicated anywhere else. Lets face it, who would want to be in the UK, where one partner of the 4 tells everyone else how its going to be, no thanks.
Most UK delas are roll overs, in other words EU deals replicated. The big deal you have done with the EU, but your not happy with that one. The other is Australia which added 0.02% to your GDP over the next 15years, in other words not worth the paper it's written on. Maybe you should spend a little more time on these deals and try get something out of them.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on February 21, 2022, 09:31:35 PM
No, she was representing the interests of 27 countries. As president of the EU commission, where each member state has 1 commissioner, and their responsibility is to propose new laws and the negotiator of external agreements. It's not like she's a loud mouth buffoon going around insulting the country she's visiting. Like I say, it's a reflection on the country she's visiting, no class. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 05:48:34 PM
Your post says far more about Turkey and Uganda and their attitude to Women. The general rule would be to respect the position the person holds, it's why so may world leaders didn't just laugh at Trump, they were respecting the position of president, not the man himself.

Next this statement
The bad thing is that no one has chosen these bureaucrats to represent us."

The person needs to be educated, each country elects their governments, which then appoints a commissioner, just like they appoint ministerial roles. If you don't like that you can choose to elect your commissioner, totally down to each country. Your MEP's are elected in each country and your council representative is your PM, again elected.
Why would anybody respect a nothing? They've got a national anthem but they're not a nation, they've got a flag but they don't own a single sq foot of soil in which to plant it. Now they want an army, which they categorically denied. 

They're a joke, and it will only get worse for them, it takes them 7 years to do a deal the U.K. can do in 12 months. The rope burns on your ankles must be horrific Gerry 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on February 21, 2022, 05:48:34 PM
Your post says far more about Turkey and Uganda and their attitude to Women. The general rule would be to respect the position the person holds, it's why so may world leaders didn't just laugh at Trump, they were respecting the position of president, not the man himself.

Next this statement

The person needs to be educated, each country elects their governments, which then appoints a commissioner, just like they appoint ministerial roles. If you don't like that you can choose to elect your commissioner, totally down to each country. Your MEP's are elected in each country and your council representative is your PM, again elected.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 08:25:41 AM
URSULA VON DER LEYEN was once again humiliated on the world stage as she was bluntly ignored at the European Union-Africa Union summit.

:D

But as the minister of foreign affairs for the Republic of Uganda approached the three EU leaders on stage, he completely ignored Mrs von der Leyen, leaving Mr Michel and President Macron visibly embarrassed as they attempted to regain control of the situation.

General Jeje Odongo was quick to shake hands with Mr Michel and Mr Macron as he turned his back at the EU Commission leader.
After the photo was taken, the French President and the EU Council leader scrambled to introduce Mrs von der Leyen before the General left the stage.

Outraged at the scene, Dutch MEP Dorien Rookmaker said: "You don't expect that, do you? A woman on the world stage."

Nexit Denktank campaigners echoed: "Once again, the EU is getting no respect whatsoever, now in negotiations with Africa about our 'common future and vision'. No one dares to say anything about the woman being ignored.

It is not the first time Mrs von der Leyen has been ignored and disrespected by foreign leaders.
Last year, the first female head of the EU executive was relegated to a sofa by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan after Mr Michel took the only stage seat prepared next to the Turkish leader.
The move sparked a diplomatic row between the EU and the Turkish leader who later claimed the sitting arrangements were approved by the bloc ahead of the meeting.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1568652/Ursula-von-der-leyen-ignored-video-eu-au-summit-Uganda-minister-macron-Michel

Next this statement

Sheepy

Gerry will be having a breakdown, the NWO wants Macron re-elected or at least Macron does.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

URSULA VON DER LEYEN was once again humiliated on the world stage as she was bluntly ignored at the European Union-Africa Union summit.

:D

But as the minister of foreign affairs for the Republic of Uganda approached the three EU leaders on stage, he completely ignored Mrs von der Leyen, leaving Mr Michel and President Macron visibly embarrassed as they attempted to regain control of the situation.

General Jeje Odongo was quick to shake hands with Mr Michel and Mr Macron as he turned his back at the EU Commission leader.
After the photo was taken, the French President and the EU Council leader scrambled to introduce Mrs von der Leyen before the General left the stage.

Outraged at the scene, Dutch MEP Dorien Rookmaker said: "You don't expect that, do you? A woman on the world stage."

Nexit Denktank campaigners echoed: "Once again, the EU is getting no respect whatsoever, now in negotiations with Africa about our 'common future and vision'. No one dares to say anything about the woman being ignored.

It is not the first time Mrs von der Leyen has been ignored and disrespected by foreign leaders.
Last year, the first female head of the EU executive was relegated to a sofa by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan after Mr Michel took the only stage seat prepared next to the Turkish leader.
The move sparked a diplomatic row between the EU and the Turkish leader who later claimed the sitting arrangements were approved by the bloc ahead of the meeting.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1568652/Ursula-von-der-leyen-ignored-video-eu-au-summit-Uganda-minister-macron-Michel

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!