the 45 is back

Started by Thomas, February 21, 2022, 11:44:15 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 08:28:45 PM
you prove my point. :D whereas you never hear a frenchman saying their national team has won more than scotland , simply because they want to judeg themselves against the big boys where england compares itself to the mighty Alba.

England has the worst internaitoanl football record of any major country in the world . But you are one better than mighty scotland as  you won a dogy game in 1066 against a german team .:D

Back when borkie and cromwell were in thier fifties.
You ought to be cheering England on. If the incredible happened and England actually won another world cup, you'd never hear the end of it. Nothing could be better calculated to hasten the cause of Scottish independence, just so you could gain full control of the media narrative and shut us the feck up. :D
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 08:20:02 PM
When it comes to football, in terms of our national sides winning trophies, the score nevertheless remains Scotland 0 - England 1.
you prove my point. :D whereas you never hear a frenchman saying their national team has won more than scotland , simply because they want to judeg themselves against the big boys where england compares itself to the mighty Alba.

England has the worst internaitoanl football record of any major country in the world . But you are one better than mighty scotland as  you won a dogy game in 1066 against a german team .:D

Back when borkie and cromwell were in thier fifties.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 08:03:55 PMthey judge thier success by how many times they win a trophy.
When it comes to football, in terms of our national sides winning trophies, the score nevertheless remains Scotland 0 - England 1.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 07:54:52 PM
To be honest, knowing his Scottish Nationalist credentials, I thought he was referring to the (17)45 Jacobite rebellion, when a load of Scots came charging south due to being a little bit pissed off with the English.

I imagined a load of Scots pouring drunkenly out of the pubs of Glasgow and stumbling southwards spoiling for a fight.

After all, their usual tactic of sending 11 men and a ball down to give us a thrashing at Wembley has a poor track record of success.
i dont know srb , i thought the mighty englerlund was going to hump pair wee scotland in the euroes?  Then you were going to beat us at rugby at murrayfield and coundnae do that either.

I tell you srb , when you look at all the big international teams in world sport , they judge thier success by how many times they win a trophy.

The englishman judges his on beating the mighty scotland. Im flattered srb , no really.:D

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 22, 2022, 12:37:35 AMGreat minds John,I thought it was about the vinyl revival.
To be honest, knowing his Scottish Nationalist credentials, I thought he was referring to the (17)45 Jacobite rebellion, when a load of Scots came charging south due to being a little bit pissed off with the English.

I imagined a load of Scots pouring drunkenly out of the pubs of Glasgow and stumbling southwards spoiling for a fight.

After all, their usual tactic of sending 11 men and a ball down to give us a thrashing at Wembley has a poor track record of success.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 07:48:26 PM
Whatever it is we should send Tony Blair there on condition he stays there and shuts the feck up.
see im of the opposite opinion. tony blir does immeasuable damage to the blairites every time he opens his gob , and the only people outside of them who seem to have any truck with him is the soft small c tories of the southern english shires.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on February 26, 2022, 01:37:18 AM
And while we are at it, what is the capital of Thailand?
Whatever it is we should send Tony Blair there on condition he stays there and shuts the feck up.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 24, 2022, 08:25:37 PM
Dont answer him lads (and lasses ) its a trick question

No, no it isn't.

And while we are at it, what is the capital of Thailand?
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 24, 2022, 10:56:12 AM
Nathaniel Gorham.

Now, a short break while everyone refills their glasses and then onto the next pub quiz question.

How many wives did Henry VIII have?
Dont answer him lads (and lasses ) its a trick question 

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 22, 2022, 06:49:22 AM
Who was Number Six then ?

Nathaniel Gorham.

Now, a short break while everyone refills their glasses and then onto the next pub quiz question.

How many wives did Henry VIII have?
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on February 21, 2022, 11:44:15 AM
The 45th President was removed from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube last year, following the Capitol Riots

I didn't know that Richard Nixon was still posting, what with him being dead and all.

Still, they didn't call him Tricky Dicky for nothing :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 22, 2022, 06:49:22 AM

Seriously, the yanks actually refer to their presidents by number ? Or have I missed something  ?
I didn't know a lot of them could count that far. :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on February 22, 2022, 12:37:35 AM
Great minds John,I thought it was about the vinyl revival. ;)

Seriously, the yanks actually refer to their presidents by number ? Or have I missed something  ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 21, 2022, 11:34:28 PM
And there was I thinking this signalled the death of the MP3.

Oh well.
Great minds John,I thought it was about the vinyl revival. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

And there was I thinking this signalled the death of the MP3.

Oh well.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>