Jesus stones a woman to death - new CCP "bible"

Started by Barry, February 23, 2022, 01:53:42 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on February 24, 2022, 04:39:40 PM
Fair enough Toots.

My take on the matter is that your sky genii is a spiteful and rather dimwitted old c*nt, but if that sort of thing makes you happy, well there you are.
That's ok Borchester. It's kind of you to make your thoughts so clear.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on February 24, 2022, 02:58:05 PM
I always find it interesting and rather sad that those who do not believe are unable to leave it there. They nearly always pursue their views by either insulting believers or 'proving' that their view is the correct one. We are all entitled to our views but know that those of us who do believe tend also to understand the principle that Jesus taught, that we should love one another and pray for those still living in darkness.

It is often hurtful, but one thing it doesn't do - it doesn't weaken that belief. It begs the question why those who doubt feel so compelled to belittle and insult a faith. It costs nothing to show kindness and respect to each other.

Fair enough Toots.

My take on the matter is that your sky genii is a spiteful and rather dimwitted old C@@@, but if that sort of thing makes you happy, well there you are.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

I always find it interesting and rather sad that those who do not believe are unable to leave it there. They nearly always pursue their views by either insulting believers or 'proving' that their view is the correct one. We are all entitled to our views but know that those of us who do believe tend also to understand the principle that Jesus taught, that we should love one another and pray for those still living in darkness. 

It is often hurtful, but one thing it doesn't do - it doesn't weaken that belief. It begs the question why those who doubt feel so compelled to belittle and insult a faith. It costs nothing to show kindness and respect to each other. 

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 24, 2022, 07:54:01 AM
And how do we know the council of Nicea didn't rewrite the first draft to chuck such an account of his actual behaviour out to sanitise his life story for the masses ???

They may well have done.

There is a quiet joke in John 8: 1-20, but it is rarely mentioned, because the one thing religious nuts and political fanatics have in common is a dream of being miserable and continually offended.

I dropped Madam off at the church the other day and there was an old hag on the steps screaming that Jesus had died for our sins. So I thought sod this for a lark and asked her what sins and maybe she would have had a better life if she had committed a few. And of course she stood there dribbling bollocks until the vicar weaseled along and I was just about to tell him to F@@@ off (which the ball less bastard would probably enjoyed), but I could see Madam gearing herself up to give me mega earache, so I made my excuses and left.

I got a cab back and the driver pissed himself laughing and said that the same thing happened outside his mosque

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 24, 2022, 07:54:01 AM
And how do we know the council of Nicea didn't rewrite the first draft to chuck such an account of his actual behaviour out to sanitise his life story for the masses ???
Because the original scrolls exist in greater part, don't they?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Matthew
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on February 23, 2022, 01:53:42 PM
https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/china-is-rewriting-the-bible-with-communist-principles-says-christian-watchdog

Do China fear the deity of the Son of God so much, that they want to obliterate it in the Gospels?
Seems that way to me.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 23, 2022, 10:37:02 PM
Re-writing the gospels is nothing new though is it ?  One lot that knocks on the door two or three times a year think Jesus went to Missouri .

And it is no good telling them otherwise. As I should have mentioned in my previous post, I have noticed neither the Chinese government, Christians  in general or Mormons in particular are particularly big on religion.

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/china-is-rewriting-the-bible-with-communist-principles-says-christian-watchdog

Do China fear the deity of the Son of God so much, that they want to obliterate it in the Gospels?
Seems that way to me.
Re-writing the gospels is nothing new though is it ?  One lot that knocks on the door two or three times a year think Jesus went to Missouri . 

Borchester

Seems that way to me.

I would have been more impressed if the Chinese had evidence that Jesus and the lady in question had shared a spliff and both gotten stoned, but I have noticed neither the Chinese government or Christianity are particularly big on religion.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Seems that way to me.
The Adversary is going full pelt since he recognises that the end of his time is coming. Fortunately we already know who will be the outright winner no matter what is put in the way. While mankind insists that there is nothing and no-one greater than mankind itself it is going to be a rough ride.

Barry

QuoteJohn 8:7-11, according to the CCP reads: "Jesus once said to the angry crowd who was trying to stone a woman who had sinned, 'He who is without sin among you, let him cast a stone at her.' When his words came to their ears, they stopped moving forward. When everyone went out, Jesus stoned the woman himself, and said, 'I am also a sinner.'"

Seems that way to me.
† The end is nigh †