Evictions rise: 'I was quite upset, it was panic mode'

Started by GBNews, February 28, 2022, 01:00:12 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 03:51:01 PM
The only seriously affordable housing being put up in Newport is twelve largely prefabricated homes intended to house drug addicts.

Forty years ago builders were encouraged to build timber framed homes of a similar size for couples and young families with jobs and f**k the druggies.

I feel the emphasis has been skewed in totally the wrong direction
Indeed ,druggies aside almost  every council home that becomes available on my estate is filled by people who for one reason or the other dont work . 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 28, 2022, 01:52:22 PM
As you say cromwell we need more good social housing .  The Regina road story is quite big locally within the building  maintenance companies  who are steering well clear of it . The place is and has been rotten for years . There are a number of tenants who wont give access for repairs to be carried out , some who can't or wont carry out basic maintenance and others that abuse the property
to the extent that they get evicted regardless of paying the rent

Before being given social housing people should have to pass a course on simple home maintenance , ventilation practice which is the cause of most mould problems  and how to use a broom inside and out .

The only seriously affordable housing being put up in Newport is twelve largely prefabricated homes intended to house drug addicts.

Forty years ago builders were encouraged to build timber framed homes of a similar size for couples and young families with jobs and F@@@ the druggies.

I feel the emphasis has been skewed in totally the wrong direction
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 28, 2022, 01:16:42 PM
Well thats all well and good Jog ,the landlord can charge what rents they think the market will give them but they need to be careful . With the ever growing cost of living there is only so much people can pay in rent . Young families ,  couples trying to make a go of it alone will be moving back in with the parents :D  (Dont turn the spare room into a gym just yet )

Evictions will rise  anyway with people on the limit being pushed over the edge  , putting up rents at this time sounds like a recipe for an empty property to me

Actually, I think the BBC have pulled a bum example here. I'm not remotely convinced this is about the money. Over the last couple of years Sunak and his predecessors have shat mightily on the private landlord in many ways, and I know a few who are simply not interested, selling up  and pissing off somewhere warm for an early retirement.

The specific case here of a no fault eviction notice shouts "landlord wishes vacant possession to sell property" because selling one with a sitting tenant is next to impossible.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on February 28, 2022, 01:18:40 PM
Hard for those who've paid their rent losing their homes of course it would be better were there more social housing.......or would it given the itv investigation in to housing associations and councils,perhaps not.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-12/britains-housing-shame-shocking-conditions-and-despair-at-a-lack-of-action
As you say cromwell we need more good social housing .  The Regina road story is quite big locally within the building  maintenance companies  who are steering well clear of it . The place is and has been rotten for years . There are a number of tenants who wont give access for repairs to be carried out , some who cant or wont carry out basic maintenance and others that abuse the property 
to the extent that they get evicted regardless of paying the rent 

Before being given social housing people should have to pass a course on simple home maintenance , ventilation practice which is the cause of most mould problems   and how to use a broom inside and out . 

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 12:31:18 PM
Yeah but the case there is the LANDLORD is "re evaluating their interest in being a landlord" and with all the shit they now have to comply with I don't blame them
Hard for those who've paid their rent losing their homes of course it would be better were there more social housing.......or would it given the itv investigation in to housing associations and councils,perhaps not.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-12/britains-housing-shame-shocking-conditions-and-despair-at-a-lack-of-action

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 28, 2022, 12:31:18 PM
Yeah but the case there is the LANDLORD is "re evaluating their interest in being a landlord" and with all the shit they now have to comply with I don't blame them
Well thats all well and good Jog ,the landlord can charge what rents they think the market will give them but they need to be careful . With the ever growing cost of living there is only so much people can pay in rent . Young families ,  couples trying to make a go of it alone will be moving back in with the parents :D  (Dont turn the spare room into a gym just yet ) 

Evictions will rise  anyway with people on the limit being pushed over the edge  , putting up rents at this time sounds like a recipe for an empty property to me 

johnofgwent

Quote from: News on February 28, 2022, 01:00:12 AM

Evictions of private tenants are returning to pre-pandemic levels, government figures show.

Source: Evictions rise: 'I was quite upset, it was panic mode'

Yeah but the case there is the LANDLORD is "re evaluating their interest in being a landlord" and with all the shit they now have to comply with I don't blame them 

GBNews

Evictions of private tenants are returning to pre-pandemic levels, government figures show.

Source: Evictions rise: 'I was quite upset, it was panic mode'