Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on March 14, 2022, 10:45:01 PM
😁  Well, mods are also people, but it's anyone who does it.  I don't discriminate between mods and rockers.  I'm very inclusive.  😎
LOL I bet they could win medals for desperately trying to get under the skin of anyone who points out what hopeless cases they are.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 14, 2022, 10:12:29 PM
A false flag, as in the Russians secretly staging events to look like it was the Ukrainians, as in a conspiracy.  If I said anything like that, it would be quickly trashed as a crazy conspiracy theory.  Where is Smurf to rant at this?  Obviously this is allowed, cos it suits the hypocritical biased bigotry that some people have.
You or anyone else is free to dispute this

On the anyone surprised Ukraine invaded thread March the 1st you said this
Quote« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2022, 07:17:16 pm »

Quote from: srb7677 on March 01, 2022, 06:58:02 pm
QuoteThere was no genocide. That was a made up excuse. A false flag excuse similar in style to the sort of guff Hitler used to come out with.

I've recently heard a few false flags involving Ukrainian killing other Ukrainians, and claiming it was the Russians.

Was it hypocritical biased bigotry that your false flag post was allowed to stand?

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on March 14, 2022, 10:17:37 PM
OK Scott are you saying mods are biased?

😁  Well, mods are also people, but it's anyone who does it.  I don't discriminate between mods and rockers.  I'm very inclusive.  😎
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 14, 2022, 10:12:29 PM
A false flag, as in the Russians secretly staging events to look like it was the Ukrainians, as in a conspiracy.  If I said anything like that, it would be quickly trashed as a crazy conspiracy theory.  Where is Smurf to rant at this?  Obviously this is allowed, cos it suits the hypocritical biased bigotry that some people have.
OK Scott are you saying mods are biased?

Scott777

Quote from: Groo on March 14, 2022, 06:11:35 PM
and the attack is denied by the Ukrainians, who claim it was a false flag attack by Russia.

A false flag, as in the Russians secretly staging events to look like it was the Ukrainians, as in a conspiracy.  If I said anything like that, it would be quickly trashed as a crazy conspiracy theory.  Where is Smurf to rant at this?  Obviously this is allowed, cos it suits the hypocritical biased bigotry that some people have.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Groo

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 01:54:24 PM
Footage purporting to be from a Cluster munitions attack by the Ukrainian army against downtown Donetsk a short while ago
WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1503321952160780288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1503321952160780288%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinodefenceforum.com%2Ft%2Fukrainian-war-developments.8899%2Fpage-1233

and the attack is denied by the Ukrainians, who claim it was a false flag attack by Russia.

Scott777

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 01:54:24 PM
Footage purporting to be from a Cluster munitions attack by the Ukrainian army against downtown Donetsk a short while ago
WARNING GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

https://twitter.com/PLnewstoday/status/1503321952160780288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1503321952160780288%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinodefenceforum.com%2Ft%2Fukrainian-war-developments.8899%2Fpage-1233

I hear the Ukraine government is telling journalists they are not welcome.  I wonder why.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on March 14, 2022, 11:27:29 AM
Dunno.

The Spanish Tercios were the most feared army in Europe, but even after spending 80 years between 1568 to 1648 stumbling around around the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg, which is mostly flat and dry (apart from the canals) they still lost.

Speaking as a season armchair warrior, I think the most important points to any military campaign are

(a) pick your battles very, very carefully

(b) if after (a) you do decide to go to war, have another think and try to get out of it.
(C) never listen to the media and outright drama queens. When both make a living out of encouraging it. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 07:31:55 PM

Had the English Channel not existed and had we had a land border with Europe, I can think of three times when we would definitely have been invaded. The 1580s by the Spanish, the early 1800s by the French, and 1940 by the Germans. We'd probably have been defeated by all three.

Dunno.

The Spanish Tercios were the most feared army in Europe, but even after spending 80 years between 1568 to 1648 stumbling around around the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg, which is mostly flat and dry (apart from the canals) they still lost.

Speaking as a season armchair warrior, I think the most important points to any military campaign are

(a) pick your battles very, very carefully

(b) if after (a) you do decide to go to war, have another think and try to get out of it.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 10:40:30 AM
Really? I find it hard to believe that the Russian authorities genuinely believed it would be a walk over.
I suspect that the initial assumption was that the Ukrainians would fall back to the River as soon as the fighting started and that the Russians rolled in expecting a race to the Dneiper.
In the event that not what happened and the Ukrainians hunkered down and made a fight of it where they were.
Now; not surprisingly, they are being encircled on mass.

As for the losses, I suspect the media are building them up as much higher and significant than they are. A lot of the armour is pretty elderly and due for scrapping over the next couple of years when the new Generation start being introduced on mass. If a vehicle breaks down, then the crew abandon it and many of them will be recovered and repaired later once the advance continues part that point.

No real evidence to suggest mass unrest in the Russian population. Most likely all rallying around at a time of crisis, just like we do.
Well as I replied we are all basing our replies on a lot of supposition,none of us are experts and for varying reasons all would like our own favoured outcomes.

Links are posted and then questioned as to their validity because none of us are on the ground we don't really know we can only surmise on the info we have.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 14, 2022, 10:24:37 AM
Because it's not universally popular at home,the expected easy victory hasn't happened equipment losses and sanctions biting.
Really? I find it hard to believe that the Russian authorities genuinely believed it would be a walk over.
I suspect that the initial assumption was that the Ukrainians would fall back to the River as soon as the fighting started and that the Russians rolled in expecting a race to the Dneiper.
In the event that not what happened and the Ukrainians hunkered down and made a fight of it where they were.
Now; not surprisingly, they are being encircled on mass.

As for the losses, I suspect the media are building them up as much higher and significant than they are. A lot of the armour is pretty elderly and due for scrapping over the next couple of years when the new Generation start being introduced on mass. If a vehicle breaks down, then the crew abandon it and many of them will be recovered and repaired later once the advance continues part that point.

No real evidence to suggest mass unrest in the Russian population. Most likely all rallying around at a time of crisis, just like we do.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 14, 2022, 10:20:32 AM
Doesn't need an expert . As you prove time and time again.

I would let the Russians and Ukraine sort out their differences. Keep your constant war Norman noses out for a change, just saying we all know you reckon war is peace.