Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 01:52:41 PM
I don't know that is why I am asking Good Old. You will do, was he born in Russia or somewhere else?
Born in a place short distance from Moscow.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 01:50:45 PM
Why where do you think he's from?
I don't know that is why I am asking Good Old. You will do, was he born in Russia or somewhere else?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 01:39:22 PM
Fell straight into that one, is he a Russian then or born somewhere else? which somehow could make him a foreign agitator?
Why where do you think he's from?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 01:36:59 PM
The fact that he is in prison seems to be the soft option. If he had spent time on Moscow, bridges he might have got shot dead.
Fell straight into that one, is he a Russian then or born somewhere else? which somehow could make him a foreign agitator? 

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 01:19:53 PM
Navalny is part of the opposition ,poisoned and imprisoned,anyone got credible evidence of Ukrainian abuses in the Donbass?

The fact that he is in prison seems to be the soft option. If he had spent time on Moscow, bridges he might have got shot dead.
After eight years of people shooting and blasting each other in that sad place I will be surprised if somebody didn't abuse someone, possibly someone in green overalls with no insignia to say who they were working for.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 01:10:41 PM
Going by that response they the Russians, Putin, more like.is never going to be responsible for his own actions because anyone that will not toe his line is nothing more than a warranted provocation.
Is that the international politics neo liberals have no notion of?
Navalny is part of the opposition ,poisoned and imprisoned,anyone got credible evidence of Ukrainian abuses in the Donbass?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 01:10:41 PM
Going by that response they the Russians, Putin, more like.is never going to be responsible for his own actions because anyone that will not toe his line is nothing more than a warranted provocation.
I am not talking about Vlad, I am talking about you, I wouldn't worry so much about Vlad he is signing up gas deals with China and Pakistan. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 12:14:41 PM
Jog on son, you helped encourage it, by not giving them that option but coercing them into the crazy option. Now you want us to believe this has happened because of the Russians. Stand up and take some responsibility for a change, you and yours been playing a dangerous game and the outcome is here.

Good old

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2022, 12:40:58 PM
So, should Russia also be allowed to make decisions with no threat?  They are sovereign.  So can they bomb anyone, with no threat to stop?  Do explain.
Generally I wonder what you are on about.
I,ll try. No Russia, is not allowed or should be allowed to bomb another sovereign state for no other reason than they have the practical means to do so. Being a sovereign state doesn't allow for that. In case it matters to you.
Ukraine ,has never threatened to bomb Russia. So any point you want to make is vague to say the least.

Scott777

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 12:09:18 PM
They as with all sovereign nations they should have been able to make their own decision , with no threat. Neutrality is an option for Ukraine. They should not have that or any other option enforced by an armed invasion.

So, should Russia also be allowed to make decisions with no threat?  They are sovereign.  So can they bomb anyone, with no threat to stop?  Do explain.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 12:09:18 PM
They as with all sovereign nations they should have been able to make their own decision , with no threat. Neutrality is an option for Ukraine. They should not have that or any other option enforced by an armed invasion.
People like me that would stand free of the tyranny that they now feel the lash of. A tyranny they as with all others in Europe, should not endure, or condone .
Jog on son, you helped encourage it, by not giving them that option but coercing them into the crazy option. Now you want us to believe this has happened because of the Russians. Stand up and take some responsibility for a change, you and yours been playing a dangerous game and the outcome is here. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 11:53:59 AM
Not true they could have taken the option of neutrality but instead they took the other option which now they have put themselves right in the middle of it. They have been coerced by believing people just like you. Now you want to talk of human decency you are a joke. They were given the option time and time again. Now we have gone from Tory bad to Russian bad, even threats of starving the Russian people, don't start your human decency bollox with me. I didn't fall for all the Covid overdramatisation and I won't be falling for this one either.

They as with all sovereign nations they should have been able to make their own decision , with no threat. Neutrality is an option for Ukraine. They should not have that or any other option enforced by an armed invasion.
People like me that would stand free of the tyranny that they now feel the lash of. A tyranny they as with all others in Europe, should not endure, or condone .

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 11:45:58 AM
They and we were told he would never invade what he considered his Slav, brothers. There was a general run on here of ridicule of us that knew he would invade.
In any case all you describe is the situation a bank tiller is in when someone pokes a gun up their nose. Give or else you get a hole in your head and I still take the money.
We to are warned they will come. By making this move that's what he does. All doubts removed from the idea he would not even dream. He has said confront us at your peril. That has an open end.
Does that mean your advice is the same you would expect Ukraine to abide by. Get in bed with him quick before he hits us?
You think what you like Sheep. I disagree with much of what you think that's all. But maybe you would like to stop telling everyone on here including  neo liberals how they should think. Or come to that how the Ukrainian people should have thought .
Not true they could have taken the option of neutrality but instead they took the other option which now they have put themselves right in the middle of it. They have been coerced by believing people just like you. Now you want to talk of human decency you are a joke. They were given the option time and time again. Now we have gone from Tory bad to Russian bad, even threats of starving the Russian people, don't start your human decency bollox with me. I didn't fall for all the Covid overdramatisation and I won't be falling for this one either. 

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 11:25:08 AM
But then they were warned time and again the Russians were coming and decided they knew better, or it was the better outcome for themselves. Don't think for a minute you can tell me how I should think either you muppet.

They and we were told he would never invade what he considered his Slav, brothers. There was a general run on here of ridicule of us that knew he would invade.
In any case all you describe is the situation a bank tiller is in when someone pokes a gun up their nose. Give or else you get a hole in your head and I still take the money.
 We to are warned they will come. By making this move that's what he does. All doubts removed from the idea he would not even dream. He has said confront us at your peril. That has an open end.
Does that mean your advice is the same you would expect Ukraine to abide by. Get in bed with him quick before he hits us?
You think what you like Sheep. I disagree with much of what you think that's all. But maybe you would like to stop telling everyone on here including  neo liberals how they should think. Or come to that how the Ukrainian people should have thought .

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 11:06:44 AM
Are you saying there is no drama.? Putin undertaking a massive armed invasion on his neighbour, is a drama, and so crude, it takes no complicated understanding for neo liberals or anyone else of international politics.
At the end of any day international politics asks of you , neo liberal or otherwise. To take a look at how you see your future, And while you are at it inspect your own common decency, while you look on .
And accept or reject.
But then they were warned time and again the Russians were coming and decided they knew better, or it was the better outcome for themselves. Don't think for a minute you can tell me how I should think either you muppet.