Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 06:21:23 PM
I take it you have a wood burner and a bicycle then :D

You can take it I would know how to deal with a bit of going without, it wouldn't be the first time.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 06:16:32 PM
The vast majority of which undertaken either with full or partial agreement of the UN, which is something Putin,is a million miles short of right now.in fact none of his adventures have been for anyone but his own ideas.
Flawed yes, how could it not be. The west knows what he is asking. For the sake of humanity let's hope he doesn't find out just how flawed the west could be. At least threats to the security of Russia, would only ever have been diplomacy and public opinion. Anything else is part of a delusion of his.. But let's be honest the west doesn't want or need Russia, unless Russia, wants the west. He is proving that you get him whether you want him or not.
I take it you have a wood burner and a bicycle then :D

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 05:51:58 PM
Well given that our great ally and self styled leader of the free world, has been the belligerent in 80% of all the wars or other military operations worldwide since 1945, your statement is both rich and flawed and changing leader every fey years has clearly failed to change policy.

The vast majority of which undertaken either with full or partial agreement of the UN, which is something Putin,is a million miles short of right now.in fact none of his adventures have been for anyone but his own ideas.
Flawed yes, how could it not be. The west knows what he is asking. For the sake of humanity let's hope he doesn't find out just how flawed the west could be. At least threats to the security of Russia, would only ever have been diplomacy and public opinion. Anything else is part of a delusion of his.. But let's be honest the west doesn't want or need Russia, unless Russia, wants the west. He is proving that you get him whether you want him or not.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 05:22:07 PM
One reason for disparity is in most western democracies we have the sense to vote our problem leaders into retirement. , Putin, marches on. So if the Russian people will not sanction him we will when he does things that threaten the peace of every one of us. And history shouts out ,that is what he does right now.
Well given that our great ally and self styled leader of the free world, has been the belligerent in 80% of all the wars or other military operations worldwide since 1945, your statement is both rich and flawed and changing leader every fey years has clearly failed to change policy.

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 04:12:06 PM
What about the sanctions being levied on ourselves? Why hold ourselves as morally superior Neoliberal Democrats to a lower standard than some barbarian autocrat.
I am asking why the disparity?

One reason for disparity is in most western democracies we have the sense to vote our problem leaders into retirement. , Putin, marches on. So if the Russian people will not sanction him we will when he does things that threaten the peace of every one of us. And history shouts out ,that is what he does right now.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 04:23:21 PM
Given the context of the original text, it was pretty obviously just a bit of leg pull. You really are being a Primma Donna though :D
Yeah right
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 04:20:20 PM
What are you talking about,nations don't sanction themselves it was up to say Russia or China do that,their choice.
Now to repeat I was against the war thought  Bliar and Bush be tried as war criminals pointed out they caused death and misery for millions tried to impose an Arab spring and caused the west to be hated even more by them.
So given your view that I am as guilty as hell please point out why.
Given the context of the original text, it was pretty obviously just a bit of leg pull. You really are being a Primma Donna though :D

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 04:12:06 PM
What about the sanctions being levied on ourselves? Why hold ourselves as morally superior Neoliberal Democrats to a lower standard than some barbarian autocrat.
What are you talking about,nations don't sanction themselves it was up to say Russia or China do that,their choice.
Now to repeat I was against the war thought  Bliar and Bush be tried as war criminals pointed out they caused death and misery for millions tried to impose an Arab spring and caused the west to be hated even more by them.
So given your view that I am as guilty as hell please point out why.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 03:45:14 PM
No I was demanding Bliar and Bush not go to war and saying after they did anyway that mission accomplished wasbollocks and they both should be tried as war criminals.
Now what am I as guilty as hell of?

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 04:05:48 PM
No good beating around the bush, Barry has pointed it out for you, I have pointed it out for you, the Dawg has pointed it out for you and now Sampan. It don't take a genius.
Well point out what exactly

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 03:59:06 PM
Ah so you are ok telling people they are neo liberals because you decide that and object that other people are telling you how to think but are happy telling people what the rules are.
No good beating around the bush, Barry has pointed it out for you, I have pointed it out for you, the Dawg has pointed it out for you and now Sampan. It don't take a genius. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 03:46:56 PM
Well, you could always try commenting your neo liberalism on RT instead, oh but you can't.
Ah so you are ok telling people they are neo liberals because you decide that and object that other people are telling you how to think but are happy telling people what the rules are.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 03:34:35 PM
I'm not smarting just trying to point out an alternative whilst you are telling people they can't think because you don't like what they're thinking or you believe they are incapable of rational thought.
Well, you could always try commenting your neo liberalism on RT instead, oh but you can't. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 03:41:16 PM
Bit Prima Donna ish of you. Even I would not blame you for the ills of the world (Even if I am pretty sure your guilty as hell)
Just simply, when we were Invading Iraq, Afghanistan and bombing in Libya and Syria, to name a few, were you then demanding sanctions against the UK, banning of air space access, banning from International Sports, Sanctions against the Queen etc etc
And if not, why not?
No I was demanding Bliar and Bush not go to war and saying after they did anyway that mission accomplished wasbollocks and they both should be tried as war criminals.
Now what am I as guilty as hell of?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 03:30:44 PM
Well if you could point to where I've said any of that would be good.
Bit Prima Donna ish of you. Even I would not blame you for the ills of the world (Even if I am pretty sure your guilty as hell)
Just simply, when we were Invading Iraq, Afghanistan and bombing in Libya and Syria, to name a few, were you then demanding sanctions against the UK, banning of air space access, banning from International Sports, Sanctions against the Queen etc etc
And if not, why not?