Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I think 🐑 has been watching too much Killing Eve, seems to think he has the East's ear 😂. In reality he's most likely a 12 year old sitting in his bedroom dreaming of a career in the GRU 😝 

But I'd love for Lamb Chop to give us an insight into his knowledge, after all I've only been to Russia a dozen times!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 10:03:44 PM
The bloke stuck his neck out so I doubt we'll see him on sky again either.
Are you saying he wasn't a trusted advisor in the first place?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 02, 2022, 10:01:32 PM
Maybe there are plenty more saying it was imperative for Russian security to do so, but I doubt we will see them on sky somehow.
The bloke stuck his neck out so I doubt we'll see him on sky again either.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 02, 2022, 09:56:46 PM
Maybe Vlad should be listening to more like him
https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-invasion-kremlin-policy-adviser-reveals-his-shock-over-vladimir-putins-decision-to-invade-12555163
Maybe there are plenty more saying it was imperative for Russian security to do so, but I doubt we will see them on sky somehow.
It's not like the Russians have been saying it for 15 years and if they were continuously ignored they would have no choice or anything.

cromwell

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2022, 08:23:03 PM
I think you underestimate the corruption that exists in the UK.  We have corrupt politicians, corrupt police, corrupt NHS, corrupt doctors, corrupt bankers, corrupt judges, corrupt media...
Thats not corruption it is capitalism, anywhere else it is corruption.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 02, 2022, 07:58:59 PM
Jesus, Nick, I wonder how he will explain that lot away?
I don't listen to him; he reckons he has a take on everything. He is talking about Bulgaria I reckon which you all reckoned were ready for EU membership. I have spoken with a lot of Bulgarians as well. 

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on March 02, 2022, 08:23:03 PM
I think you underestimate the corruption that exists in the UK.  We have corrupt politicians, corrupt police, corrupt NHS, corrupt doctors, corrupt bankers, corrupt judges, corrupt media...
I underestimate nothing nothing when it comes to Russia and it is clear your image of corruption is at kindergarten level. 

This is the Russia you believe to be on the level with the U.K., drugging a mother who is distraught after her son died on the Kursk. They just drug her and take her away.

https://youtu.be/Wxo7fPvhqkI

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on March 02, 2022, 07:40:42 PM
There is corruption from floor to ceiling in Russia: as an engineer I may need a part that costs £2, I can't go and buy it, I have to speak with another engineer who puts his bit on it, then the engineering manager and do on right up to MD level. The part is now £300 with 90% of the money going under the table. Deals are done with litres of Vodka on the table, low down street Mafia run the bars, middle Mafia running hotels and the big guys run the country.

I think you underestimate the corruption that exists in the UK.  We have corrupt politicians, corrupt police, corrupt NHS, corrupt doctors, corrupt bankers, corrupt judges, corrupt media...
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on March 02, 2022, 07:40:42 PM
That's nonsense Sheep. The Russians don't hate the west, they look on with envious eyes at the things, the freedoms we have, at the same time being forced to be silent in fear of being disappeared. There is corruption from floor to ceiling in Russia: as an engineer I may need a part that costs £2, I can't go and buy it, I have to speak with another engineer who puts his bit on it, then the engineering manager and do on right up to MD level. The part is now £300 with 90% of the money going under the table. Deals are done with litres of Vodka on the table, low down street Mafia run the bars, middle Mafia running hotels and the big guys run the country. To say you listen to the Russian people is a joke, you don't have a clue about the country so don't try and play the secret agent.

Jesus, Nick, I wonder how he will explain that lot away? 

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on March 01, 2022, 10:21:23 AM
That isn't for the Russians ducky that is propaganda for you, I listen to the Russian people the vast majority of them hate the west for the previous sanctions and see this as a chance of a small victory over the west that has tried to create division.
That's nonsense Sheep. The Russians don't hate the west, they look on with envious eyes at the things, the freedoms we have, at the same time being forced to be silent in fear of being disappeared. There is corruption from floor to ceiling in Russia: as an engineer I may need a part that costs £2, I can't go and buy it, I have to speak with another engineer who puts his bit on it, then the engineering manager and so on right up to MD level. The part is now £300 with 90% of the money going under the table. Deals are done with litres of Vodka on the table, low down street Mafia run the bars, middle Mafia running hotels and the big guys run the country. To say you listen to the Russian people is a joke, you don't have a clue about the country so don't try and play the secret agent.

Good old

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 06:41:15 PM
Back to topic
Fox interviews a Retired Colonel, who used to be a Senior Advisor to a former Secretary of State for Defence
I don't think they were expecting to hear what he had to say.
The Colonel simply told it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lasT-5Mrpk

Probably the least worst outcome now. But of course it has to happen. The USA  might be our allies ,  but their professional soldiers have always had a slightly different take on Russian motive, even as far back as 1945 , a view rarely if ever held  by the European countries that could be the battlefields of the future. He is a soldier ,he knows , may even understand Putins reasons. A lot of us understand at least something of his reasons. That still doesn't make his reasoning right in the eyes of the rest of Europe,in particular the countries that surround him knowing he could make similar claims to the ones he has on Ukraine on their rights as sovereign nations. Never the less as things stand he has assessed the situation realistically as far as the future of Ukraine goes. Hope it's not just realistic but doable for  the sake of the Ukrainian peoples existences,.if not the long term peace of the rest of Europe.

T00ts

There can be no justification for what has happened over the last few days.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 02, 2022, 06:41:15 PM
Back to topic
Fox interviews a Retired Colonel, who used to be a Senior Advisor to a former Secretary of State for Defence

Well let's hope he's right

Sampanviking

Back to topic