Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on March 03, 2022, 09:03:48 PM
Don't you think that Putin had every intention of taking the whole of Ukraine from day one? Why else were so many troops collected on the borders on all sides? Why do you believe what Putin says?
Because I don't see very much of benefit in taking the West of the country, just for its own sake. Its the least Russian part and more Polish than anything else
It has few resources and Russia is not exactly short of land.

I can see a number of options for West of the country, but none include making it an occupied Russian territory or incorporated into the Russian Federation.
Besides if you actually bothered to listen to what you actually says as opposed to what the media tells you he said, you would realise he plays a lot more straight than any of the puppets and muppets that infest our Political system.

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 03, 2022, 08:55:24 PM
More correctly he told Macron that the longer Zelenski takes to agree a deal, then the more of Ukraine he will take, so as much of a negotiating tactic than anything else.

Then again with the West's haste to drop every sanction under the sun on Russia and have a competition about who could sanction more and faster, everybody seems to have forgotten than sanctions simply represent a price and that if Putin has already paid the full price, then why settle for only half of Ukraine? Hung for a sheep as for a lamb and all that.
Don't you think that Putin had every intention of taking the whole of Ukraine from day one? Why else were so many troops collected on the borders on all sides? Why do you believe what Putin says?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 03, 2022, 06:49:34 PM
So now he wants the lot he's told Macron so not just all the Russian bits we were told,will he stop there.

Well it might get quite warm soon but we can't backdown to him.
More correctly he told Macron that the longer Zelenski takes to agree a deal, then the more of Ukraine he will take, so as much of a negotiating tactic than anything else.

Then again with the West's haste to drop every sanction under the sun on Russia and have a competition about who could sanction more and faster, everybody seems to have forgotten than sanctions simply represent a price and that if Putin has already paid the full price, then why settle for only half of Ukraine? Hung for a sheep as for a lamb and all that.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2022, 01:34:38 PM
Old Polska is in prison for contempt of court, he committed a crime, how is that political?

JA published official secrets that endangered peoples lives so again not political.

Yeah, course they did. 😂

It was near Porton Down cause that's where Scripple lived, no pint putting it somewhere else is it 😳.

And of course you know the reason a country buys a ship? Like the rest of your tinfoil hat theories, they're just all in your head.

I could go through each of your questions and provide evidence or good arguments, but it is simpler to apply the same logic to your video.  How do you know she was drugged for being distraught?  How do you know she wasn't actually an escaped lunatic?  Do you have proof?  You do realise your claim is literally a conspiracy theory, don't you?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on March 03, 2022, 07:36:45 PM
EWatching his mobsters ratcheting up the obliteration of Ukraine and it's peoples. I have to agree with a number of Ukrainians , that have said WW3 has started..If the Ukrainian bit is protracted , Can we just watch this madman and his henchmen splashing Ukrainians over their soil like so much useless collateral to his twisted ambition.
He accuses the west of being the aggressor,. Yet the fact is the only one that has brought his full military power down on a neighbour that dared not want his way of doing things is him.
And he tells others make noises like the Ukrainians and it's your turn.
There is a thin line left . And as he has already crossed lines thought to be broader, it doesn't look good.
I agree,I think it was on day 2 some old bloke was stopping to chat to a tv crew and you could hear the shelling....they asked if he was frightened,no he said I'm old and I'm going over there before too long pointing to the crematorium and laughing.

And I guess for the oldies on here it's the same had our lives such as they were it's the young people I feel sorry for.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

E
So now he wants the lot he's told Macron so not just all the Russian bits we were told,will he stop there.

Watching his mobsters ratcheting up the obliteration of Ukraine and it's peoples. I have to agree with a number of Ukrainians , that have said WW3 has started..If the Ukrainian bit is protracted , Can we just watch this madman and his henchmen splashing Ukrainians over their soil like so much useless collateral to his twisted ambition.
He accuses the west of being the aggressor,. Yet the fact is the only one that has brought his full military power down on a neighbour that dared not want his way of doing things is him.
And he tells others make noises like the Ukrainians and it's your turn.
There is a thin line left . And as he has already crossed lines thought to be broader, it doesn't look good.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on March 03, 2022, 06:59:33 PM
He threatens nuclear all the time - why? Only to make the rest of us too scared to properly confront him. The trouble his MO is the sae as before. We know exactly what he is going to do while we sit too frightened to act. He will cripple his country in every way before he will lose face or not achieve his goal. When he attacks the next country will we do the same? I am finding it very tough seeing such intentional cruelty.
Well Biden opened the door and Vlad walked right in.

Sadly if he attacks a NATO country that's it we cannot back down so it's ww3 or some more sensible minds in the Kremlin stop him.

T00ts

He threatens nuclear all the time - why? Only to make the rest of us too scared to properly confront him. The trouble his MO is the sae as before. We know exactly what he is going to do while we sit too frightened to act. He will cripple his country in every way before he will lose face or not achieve his goal. When he attacks the next country will we do the same? I am finding it very tough seeing such intentional cruelty.

cromwell

So now he wants the lot he's told Macron so not just all the Russian bits we were told,will he stop there.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on March 03, 2022, 01:48:28 PM
Not me, I haven't been to any seedy Moscow bars where pretty girls try to ply you with drink and friendship so they can sell you something you require. ask anybody. I have a woman at home, how about you still have the wife in tow?
When did that ever happen ?

While I was building our battlefield nuke delivery system my boss took a holiday in Dubrovnik, then very much a russian satellite.

Our company security controller went ALMOST as beserk as he did when I announced an intent to do a two city trip to Leningrad and Murmansk.

Eddie got off the plane got into baggage reclaim then in the out area yelled "girls !! I have military secrets!! Come force them out of me"

Whereupon his wife hit him with her handbag.

No girls (or boys) expressed any interest in pumping him for his knowledge. Which is just as well, as Honiker would have been keen to hear it ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 03, 2022, 12:22:23 PM
You're not allowed to make images appear on the internet.  You are a Russian sympathiser.  Computer says no.  🤔
No you just need to select the correct link and it appears whether you are a Russian sympathiser or   Neo liberal.  ::)

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2022, 01:35:15 PM
So you've been to Russia then have you?
Not me, I haven't been to any seedy Moscow bars where pretty girls try to ply you with drink and friendship so they can sell you something you require. ask anybody. I have a woman at home, how about you still have the wife in tow? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on March 03, 2022, 01:04:45 PM
Now he is an expert on where I have travelled who I know and don't know ::)
So you've been to Russia then have you?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on March 03, 2022, 12:12:17 PM
Is that all?  How about political prisoners, including Julian Assange and Tommy Robinson? 
Old Polska is in prison for contempt of court, he committed a crime, how is that political?

JA published official secrets that endangered peoples lives so again not political. 

Quote from: Scott777 on March 03, 2022, 12:12:17 PM
 How about putting anthrax in the tube as an experiment, and the mass experimentation on men, women and children with mRNA (that does change your DNA)? 
Yeah, course they did. 😂 

Quote from: Scott777 on March 03, 2022, 12:12:17 PMHow about Novichok which oddly poisoned people just miles away from Porton Down, which coincidentally had Novichok in its labs? 

It was near Porton Down cause that's where Scripple lived, no pint putting it somewhere else is it 😳. 

QuoteQuote from: Scott777 03/03/2022, 12:12:17

How about selling warships to Indonesia so they can wipe out the population of East Timor?

And of course you know the reason a country buys a ship? Like the rest of your tinfoil hat theories, they're just all in your head. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Now he is an expert on where I have travelled who I know and don't know ::)
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!