Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on March 04, 2022, 05:28:38 PM
It is a crime in Russia if you spread lies about the Military, it is also a crime for the neoliberal media to spread lies. Bye bye neoliberals. 15 years in a Russian prison will seem like a lifetime.
I knew there as a good reason to be grateful for being British.  Dancing

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 05:25:48 PM
Well at least you have cheered up a bit and stopped throwing the insults around. I wasn't aware of having double standards. I was looking at today's situation not a historical analysis. Perhaps I was adding Putin to a growing list. It's possible surely? There are many bad things in the world and any one of us can only comment as we see it. I do not believe that it's a crime.... yet. No problems! :)

It is a crime in Russia if you spread lies about the Military, it is also a crime for the neoliberal media to spread lies. Bye bye neoliberals. 15 years in a Russian prison will seem like a lifetime. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on March 04, 2022, 05:18:04 PM
Come off it.  You are applying a double standard.  Putin is evil for invading a country, but no outrage for what British people have done.  Is it xenophobia? (just kidding).  As for making sense, what are Tesco profits?  Is it a liquor?
Well at least you have cheered up a bit and stopped throwing the insults around. I wasn't aware of having double standards. I was looking at today's situation not a historical analysis. Perhaps I was adding Putin to a growing list. It's possible surely? There are many bad things in the world and any one of us can only comment as we see it. I do not believe that it's a crime.... yet. No problems! :)

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on March 04, 2022, 05:13:06 PM
The queen is a figurehead,Putin is not.

It's debatable.  Was Blair not a figurehead?  What real power did he have, without the corporations and Bush?  I would suggest politicians are puppets.  So does that mean Blair gets off the hook?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 05:12:49 PM
Perhaps you should check the meaning of hypocrisy.

Have you been drinking Tesco's  profits in the alcohol isles? You make no sense.

Come off it.  You are applying a double standard.  Putin is evil for invading a country, but no outrage for what British people have done.  Is it xenophobia? (just kidding).  As for making sense, what are Tesco profits?  Is it a liquor?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 04, 2022, 05:09:56 PM
And what punishment for the Queen?  Being complicit in genocide of East Timor.  After all, that's someone in your own country, not a thousand miles away.
The queen is a figurehead,Putin is not.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on March 04, 2022, 04:54:05 PM
Says the person who suggested mandatory vaccination for everyone would be needed if Covid continues (which it has and will).  That's injection of an experimental substance which alters your DNA, may kill you, and is now very clearly shown to be ineffective against death in general.  Try to avoid too much hypocrisy.  😕
Quote from: Scott777 on March 04, 2022, 04:59:31 PM
Probably.  As have the west.  I would not want to defend Putin, but again, it's pure hypocrisy to demonise Putin and not the western leaders.
Perhaps you should check the meaning of hypocrisy.

Quote from: Scott777 on March 04, 2022, 05:09:56 PM
And what punishment for the Queen?  Being complicit in genocide of East Timor.  After all, that's someone in your own country, not a thousand miles away.

Have you been drinking Tesco's  profits in the alcohol isles? You make no sense.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 03:21:02 PM
I think Boris is right when he urges that Putin should be tried for War Crimes. 

And what punishment for the Queen?  Being complicit in genocide of East Timor.  After all, that's someone in your own country, not a thousand miles away.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 11:03:32 AM
The rest well Putin has had an agenda for years

Probably.  As have the west.  I would not want to defend Putin, but again, it's pure hypocrisy to demonise Putin and not the western leaders.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 09:50:18 AM
I cannot believe this post has been written by anyone who has any care of the Ukraine people or humanity in general.

Says the person who suggested mandatory vaccination for everyone would be needed if Covid continues (which it has and will).  That's injection of an experimental substance which alters your DNA, may kill you, and is now very clearly shown to be ineffective against death in general.  Try to avoid too much hypocrisy.  😕

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 04, 2022, 07:41:30 AM
I wonder, how much credence do the pro-putin and Putin apologists on here give to the reports yesterday that the psycho has order d the shelling of one of Ukraine's nuclear power plants, causing fires that had to be out out.

I would not want to confirm no deny this, but what is your source of information?

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2022, 03:54:44 PM
Why?

Apart from the usual suspects, no one in the UK cares about Brits killing foreigners and I imagine that the Russians feel the same way.

This war is a daft idea. The best that will happen is that the Russians will conquer an impoverished nation that will cost more to occupy than they will ever get from it. The worst is a long grinding war that will create a massive body count and which will result in a humiliating retreat by the Russians and Vlad retiring to spend more time with his Rambo movies. But the Russians won't be handing over their tiny Tsar to any Western kangaroo court any time soon.
I guess it depends how long he can generate enough fear.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 03:27:28 PM
Good point - maybe we have a queue already.  :(

The way things are going the Russian people may well offer him up. I see reports of them rushing to leave Russia as well now fearing a threatened Martial law.

Why?

Apart from the usual suspects, no one in the UK cares about Brits killing foreigners and I imagine that the Russians feel the same way.

This war is a daft idea. The best that will happen is that the Russians will conquer an impoverished nation that will cost more to occupy than they will ever get from it. The worst is a long grinding war that will create a massive body count and which will result in a humiliating retreat by the Russians and Vlad retiring to spend more time with his Rambo movies. But the Russians won't be handing over their tiny Tsar to any Western kangaroo court any time soon.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on March 04, 2022, 03:22:56 PM
Would that be the same court as Blair? Or Boris and Cameron for Syria?
Good point - maybe we have a queue already.  :(

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2022, 03:24:29 PM
An excellent idea. Provided Boris does not intend to send the British army to arrest Putin.
The way things are going the Russian people may well offer him up. I see reports of them rushing to leave Russia as well now fearing a threatened Martial law.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 03:21:02 PM
I think Boris is right when he urges that Putin should be tried for War Crimes. That way all would see what has happened even Russians who support him. I'm not quite sure how that wold/could happen since he seems pretty well bunkered in Russia.

An excellent idea. Provided Boris does not intend to send the British army to arrest Putin.
Algerie Francais !