Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 10, 2022, 06:27:45 PM
Let me know when there is a million dead in Ukraine as that is the target the Russians need to match if they want to catch the US and allies.
The US always starts with weeks and weeks of Aerial bombardment - remember, they gave it a name "Shock and Awe"
Bombs and missiles may well be precise and laser targeted, but blast, fireballs and shrapnel remain as indiscriminate as ever.
Collateral damage after all is the other buzz word the created at the same time as Shock and Awe.
I am sorry if you are an ideological nuttjob that believes that the West has some sort of God given right to do unto others but nobody else has the right to hand it back.
Equally frankly I find your selective and utterly hypocritical sense of moral outrage nauseating and as mindless as the media bilge output.

As for the Ukraine there was an off ramp from the start that offered the Ukraine a perfectly decent and honorable resolution, treaty protected neutrality and the UN enshrined Minsk agreement to put the Ukraine back together again.
If any party in the West found this unacceptable, its because they wanted war at any cost and were damned sure they would do whatever it took to provoke one.
Congratulations Nick you and those like you have got just what you wanted and those cheering Zelensyy and the Neocons that pull his strings are the ones with blood on their hands, as per usual.
Shock and Awe was the response to another crazed dictator that decided to invade an independent country. 

"An off ramp", to allow an independent nation to surrender. You're sick. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2022, 05:05:17 PM
Absolute horse 💩. The west has never deliberately targeted civilian areas in an attempt to speed up the conclusion of a conflict because they can't win a war fairly. I am actually in Cambodia at the moment, I suppose you think the Khmer Rouge and what they did between 1975 and 1979 was all made up?
Quite frankly I think your views are disgusting.
More than a bit harsh Nick,Sampan has been around a good while and has never hidden his Sino Russian leanings and he believes its system and society superior to that of the west in many ways which is fair enough.

I don't agree with him on many things and he my views but he is however perfectly entitled to hold them and express them on here.

They're not disgusting IMO just different.

Lets face it he isn't wrong that Bush an Bliars Iraq war hardly covered us in glory,it's a bit off topic but I have felt  would there be as much outrage were non europeans on the receiving end of what Ukraine is?

(Stands by for cries of hand wringing liberal for my final comment :P)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Absolute horse 💩. The west has never deliberately targeted civilian areas in an attempt to speed up the conclusion of a conflict because they can't win a war fairly. I am actually in Cambodia at the moment, I suppose you think the Khmer Rouge and what they did between 1975 and 1979 was all made up?
Let me know when there is a million dead in Ukraine as that is the target the Russians need to match if they want to catch the US and allies.
The US always starts with weeks and weeks of Aerial bombardment - remember, they gave it a name "Shock and Awe"
Bombs and missiles may well be precise and laser targeted, but blast, fireballs and shrapnel remain as indiscriminate as ever.
Collateral damage after all is the other buzz word the created at the same time as Shock and Awe.
I am sorry if you are an ideological nuttjob that believes that the West has some sort of God given right to do unto others but nobody else has the right to hand it back.
Equally frankly I find your selective and utterly hypocritical sense of moral outrage nauseating and as mindless as the media bilge output.

As for the Ukraine there was an off ramp from the start that offered the Ukraine a perfectly decent and honorable resolution, treaty protected neutrality and the UN enshrined Minsk agreement to put the Ukraine back together again.
If any party in the West found this unacceptable, its because they wanted war at any cost and were damned sure they would do whatever it took to provoke one.
Congratulations Nick you and those like you have got just what you wanted and those cheering Zelensyy and the Neocons that pull his strings are the ones with blood on their hands, as per usual.

Scott777

The west has never deliberately targeted civilian areas in an attempt to speed up the conclusion of a conflict because they can't win a war fairly. 

Absolute horse 💩.  They have done much worse.  As I have said many times, East Timor, 1975, weaponising of Indonesia for the specific purpose of genocide.  For the brain-washed cretins who still actually think the media tell the truth, and for anyone who still hasn't seen it yet, here is Chomsky's full documentary: "Manufacturing Consent":  (best to start at 20 mins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuwmWnphqII&t=1223s
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2022, 12:58:45 PM
Usual slippery response from the tin foil hat brigade.

I believe it was you who claimed the Pfizer report on adverse events was faked.  It's now being covered by very popular youtubers and commentators, and just about coming around to the corporate media, and very soon you will have to eat your words, and remove your own tin foil hat.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 10, 2022, 01:50:40 PM
Silly answer to a stupid question

My post you quoted for the stupid question gave you everything you needed to know to find the answer.

A full proper answer would be very long and very detailed and not possible while I am working
I will give you a precis however - What the Russians are doing is no more or less justified than any major military operation the West has undertaken in the last 100 years and the way the Russians are going about it is causing a lot less "collateral damage" than any comparable operation led by the US over the last 100 years.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2022, 12:58:45 PM
Usual slippery response from the tin foil hat brigade.
Silly answer to a stupid question

My post you quoted for the stupid question gave you everything you needed to know to find the answer.

A full proper answer would be very long and very detailed and not possible while I am working
I will give you a precis however - What the Russians are doing is no more or less justified than any major military operation the West has undertaken in the last 100 years and the way the Russians are going about it is causing a lot less "collateral damage" than any comparable operation led by the US over the last 100 years.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 10, 2022, 12:56:51 PM
When did you stop beating your wife Nick?
Usual slippery response from the tin foil hat brigade.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on March 10, 2022, 12:18:10 PM
So let's get this straight, are you denying the atrocities that Putin is inflicting on the Ukrainian people?
When did you stop beating your wife Nick?

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 09, 2022, 08:01:11 PM
Really? you sure? You believe all that these guys post?

What is true is that further up in the Donbas there are over sixty thousand Ukrainian troops encircled by Russian and DPR/LPR militias. These Ukrainian troops represent about half of the Ukrainian army, certainly most of its best and best equipped units and these are facing certain destruction.

Likewise many thousands more are in Mariupol, including a large number of the infamous Azov brigade, which operate under the banner and philosophy of the Wartime pro Nazis leader Stepan Bandera
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera

Now obviously I have no idea really about what has happened in any particular instance, but I do know that the loss of such a large number of troops would mean the end of the war in Ukraine and possible the end of the Ukraine itself.
These people and their leaders are therefore desperate, have nothing to lose and the only real hope of salvation they have is direct intervention by NATO.
It is therefore not a surprise, that as their plight gets worse, their allegations of atrocities get ever more shrill and outrageous.
Like I said, I cannot vouch for any particular incident, but I do know that as time goes by, the bags of salt with which such claims are taken, needs to increase dramatically, day by day.
So let's get this straight, are you denying the atrocities that Putin is inflicting on the Ukrainian people?

Sheepy

'Russia is changing tactics' UK sends anti-air missiles to Ukraine to adapt to new threat (msn.com)
Who might have trained the Ukrainians to fire them? in such a short time no less, the Russians will never work out you are fighting a proxy war against them. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Short video discussing the admission yesterday from Victoria (Mother of Maidan) Nuland that the US does indeed have Bio Weapons labs in the Ukraine (but if anything happens it will be Russia's fault)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pW89kOgL9s

I see Freedom of speech and liberty is being touted about again
I think that the lesson of the last two years is just how fragile our freedoms are and just how quickly they can become intangible.
We have no qualms putting restrictions on speech and introducing internment in this country, when it believes it faces an existential threat.
It was last in force in Northern Ireland just a few decades ago. It was widespread during WW2
IF we have such freedoms today, it is due to their being no sense of existential threat, but that could evaporate tomorrow.

In Russia, yes they view a threat just across the border that they consider existential. They have gone to war after all with and with the full fore knowledge of all the consequences attendant to it. Does anyone really believe they would have done this, based purely on a whim?

Sheepy

A bunch of habitual liars telling us everyone else is a habitual liar as well. I don't know but there seems the usual mass of hypocrisy floating around the pond.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on March 10, 2022, 08:46:58 AM
Not a rant,fact and try saying what you say but criticising the system in Vlads Russia and see where that gets you.

I don't swallow anything but at least have the critical eye you lack in your defence of Vlad and Xi's wonder world.

Maybe he could explain why he can have his say here. Yet his whole future would be in jeopardy if he uttered a critical word in  Russia?  

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 10, 2022, 08:28:36 AM
And all that rant really confirms is simply what I and some others here have told you over the years, that you swallow the media bilge uncritically and then cry after the event that you have been lied too yet again. Guess what, while people like you let them get away with it, it will happen to you again and again and again....
While you swallow Russia's lies.