Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 01:49:01 PM
Especially when its about your beloved yookay cromwell eh?
Thomas when you're in one of these moods you're not worth the effort.  :-\
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 09:41:33 AM
No I'm suggesting like Scotland they should be able to make their own decision either way. :P
As you can see from my reply to Thomas I was saying nothing of the sort,unless of course you believe they should do as they're told.
The point Cromwell was not about a country going its own way, but about actively joining a hostile foreign block
The wee krankie saying goodbye to London and joining the EU is one thing. Having a Russian inspired Coup (Lavrov and Wang mingling with crowds in Castle Park handing out tea and cookies) then with George Galloway installed as leader Joining the SCO and CSTO with the Russian Navy taking over Faslane would be something else entirely
NATO tanks would be zipping over Hadrians Wall faster than you could say Self Determination!

Good old

Ukraine, a sovereign state thirty years with no actual treaty of unity with its neighbour. Now finds its self being invaded by that neighbour. It's civilian population being bombed, no not just bombed murdered, unmercifully for daring to want another way of life to that offered by the man that resorts to the worst kind of violence , to enforce subjugation on them.
The fact that Russias neighbours , reject ! Putin, and Russia. Is all to easy to understand, now more than ever before. None of the nations that have joined NATO or those that would do so, has done so under threat from from the West, but the threat that Putin, now employs against Ukraine. 
None of which can be excused by any sort of comparison let alone some of the limp comparison put forward here.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 01:31:53 PM
post  truths until posters get sick of it and don't respond.
Especially when its about your beloved yookay cromwell eh?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

och i see good old likes your post. Hey good old ,what does sir keir hink of this mate?

If a referendum on re-joining the European Union were to take place tomorrow, 55% say they would vote for the UK to stay out of the EU (up 2%) and 45% say they would vote for the UK to join the EU (down 2%).

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/joining-staying-out-of-the-eu-referendum-voting-intention-20-february-2022/

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 01:31:53 PM
Nothing hurts Thomas and yeah I've known you 12 years and you've never altered,post half truths until posters get sick of it and don't respond.
:D

people hate hearing the truth i often find , especially on forums like this.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 12:45:37 PM
and im asking where is your criticism of the uk government the same as your criticsim of the russian?
Take a look at any of your posts. You are again asking me to provide evidence of something im saying doesnt exist?:D Stope copying boycey cromwell , and try and think up your own arguments.
truth hurts.

The irony to any scot irish or welshman listning to your nation bleat about bigger neighbours bullying smaller neighbours , applying freedom and democracy has most of us in stitches.

Like i said , cromwell hear no evil see no evil when it comes to the uk.

We had the last two conservative prime mininsters of your nation demanding scotland leave the eu with the uk , and to hell with democracy ( then leaving northern ireland in :D) and prominent cabinet minisnters like gove denying the scot gov a seat at the table during brexit negotiations , while at the same time removing the devovled governments ability to veto any uk government bill on devovled issues regarding eu law.

What did the defender of all that is right  mr cromwell say on the subject?

Fack all.

Nothing hurts Thomas and yeah I've known you 12 years and you've never altered,post half truths until posters get sick of it and don't respond.

Sheepy

What now General? you have your 2.5 million refugees, those left are preparing to die. The neoliberal media is still desperately trying to cause WW3 better make a decision. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 12:32:05 PM
And I'm pointing out I've posted many times if you want to leave the UK you have the right to do so.
and im asking where is your criticism of the uk government the same as your criticsim of the russian?

QuoteProve it
Take a look at any of your posts. You are again asking me to provide evidence of something im saying doesnt exist?:D Stope copying boycey cromwell , and try and think up your own arguments. 

QuoteAs to the rest of your post more bluster and you making full use of your diversion signs.
truth hurts.

The irony to any scot irish or welshman listning to your nation bleat about bigger neighbours bullying smaller neighbours , applying freedom and democracy has most of us in stitches.

Like i said , cromwell hear no evil see no evil when it comes to the uk.

We had the last two conservative prime mininsters of your nation demanding scotland leave the eu with the uk , and to hell with democracy ( then leaving northern ireland in :D) and prominent cabinet minisnters like gove denying the scot gov a seat at the table during brexit negotiations , while at the same time removing the devovled governments ability to veto any uk government bill on devovled issues regarding eu law.

What did the defender of all that is right  mr cromwell say on the subject?

Fack all.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 12:20:51 PM
They do , and im pointing out your hypocrisy on the uk governments stance on silencing scotland right to determine our own future.
And I'm pointing out I've posted many times if you want to leave the UK you have the right to do so.
QuoteWheres your criticism of the uk governmsnts stance on scotlands right to determine its own future? Regarding the eu , as i recall , you have made more of ukraine in the last week or so than you have on scotland being allowed to stay i nthe eu since 2016.
Prove it
As to the rest of your post more bluster and you making full use of your diversion signs.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 12:03:42 PM
I'm saying they have a right to determine their own future,
They do , and im pointing out your hypocrisy on the uk governments stance on silencing scotland right to determine our own future.

Quoteand lets face it there's nothing more hypocritical than inventing things I've never said or saying it's the UK govts stance therefore mine.
Wheres your criticism of the uk governmsnts stance on scotlands right to determine its own future? Regarding the eu , as i recall , you have made more of ukraine in the last week or so than you have on scotland being allowed to stay i nthe eu since 2016.

QuoteNo what's laughable is you attributing to me things I've never said
Thats the fackin point im making , you havent said anything while virtue signalling over ukraine.

Quoteis you chuntering on this thread about Scotland and NI eventually
see my quote above regading hyprocsy and whataboutery. Selective crying from you as ever cormwell. When it comes to your own countries failings , its hear no evil see no evil. Thats whats laughable.

Quoteprobably the Chagos Islands
Why is they chagos islands plight any less wrong than ukraines simply becuase one involves the holier than thou uk and its special friend , while the other is of course the evil putin and russia?

Selective criticism as ever comwell.

Quoteof mentioning whatabout Scotland and NI you are therefore labelling yourself the hypocrite
cromwell codeword for lets no talk uncomfortable truths. No hypocrisy for telling the truth .

QuoteBTW my personal opinion is whataboutery is often used to shut down legitimate debate by people more interested in thinking they're winning the argument than defending their true beliefs.
A bit like yerself? If your true belief is standig up for right and wrong , then where is your consistency over british behaviour and russian behaviour? I have yet to see it having posted on these forums for nearly 12 years.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 11:44:30 AM
No you are implying putin is wrong for attempting to stop ukraine from joining the eu or nato , while being silent on your own government doing the same to us.
I'm saying they have a right to determine their own future,and lets face it there's nothing more hypocritical than inventing things I've never said or saying it's the UK govts stance therefore mine.

QuoteEven more fackin laughably , you told scots brexit was a uk vote then left northern ireland in the eu.
No what's laughable is you attributing to me things I've never said,but then that's one of your ploys isn't it?
What's up can't get your diversion signs out?

Please find and reference a post where I've ever said the above.

QuotePeople on here  often talk about whataboutery , but whataboutery is the twin sister of hypocrisy and the two go hand in hand .
Do they? no what's hypocrisy is you chuntering on this thread about Scotland and NI eventually probably the Chagos Islands when it's about the Ukraine so by your definition of mentioning whatabout Scotland and NI you are therefore labelling yourself the hypocrite.

BTW my personal opinion is whataboutery is often used to shut down legitimate debate by people more interested in thinking they're winning the argument than defending their true beliefs.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 11:33:01 AM
Thomas does it need me to point out the obvious I was making a personal opinion,the govt can't stop you and it seems wee krankie isn't that keen.
The only thing swept under the carpet is you see yourselves  the NI Catalans et al should be allowed their choice for good or ill but not the Ukranians :P
No you are implying putin is wrong for attempting to stop ukraine from joining the eu or nato , while being silent on your own government doing the same to us.

Even more fackin laughably , you told scots brexit was a uk vote then left northern ireland in the eu.

People on here  often talk about whataboutery , but whataboutery is the twin sister of hypocrisy and the two go hand in hand .

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 10:06:23 AM
:D Cromwell , does it need me to point out the obvious that your country and your countries government wont let scotland make that decision either way.?
Thomas does it need me to point out the obvious I was making a personal opinion,the govt can't stop you and it seems wee krankie isn't that keen.

Quote:D Putin bad eh? While these little democratic inconsistencies get brushed under the carpet in " the west."
The only thing swept under the carpet is you see yourselves  the NI Catalans et al should be allowed their choice for good or ill but not the Ukranians :P

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on March 13, 2022, 09:41:33 AM
No I'm suggesting like Scotland they should be able to make their own decision either way. :P

:D Cromwell , does it need me to point out the obvious that your country and your countries government wont let scotland make that decision either way.?

:D Putin bad eh? While these little democratic inconsistencies get brushed under the carpet in " the west."