Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Russia are saying that they took the remainder of the Kherson oblast. A region against the sea had been holding out since the city of Kherson was taken a couple of weeks ago
Footage taken today shows that the Ukrainian units that were holding the peninsular have been pretty much wiped out. Probably ran out of fuel and ammo.

https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1503678238635491328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1503678238635491328%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sinodefenceforum.com%2Ft%2Fukrainian-war-developments.8899%2Fpage-1257

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 15, 2022, 11:41:57 PM
Whataboutism again.
How do you expect to preach to the rest of the world when you are the biggest offender in spades.
No other country in the world has a record of abuse that comes anywhere close to that of the US and all done of course in the name of Freedom and Democracy.
Like I said earlier, we have all the grace and dignity of a spoilt 5 year old. We are an embarrassment period.
The rest of the world holds us in utter contempt. Fortunately, we also hold it in a state of terror, due to our military technology.
Gradually that technological edge erodes and the terror will subside, until only the contempt remains.
Ah another one that wants to point out all the failures of the west......yes that whataboutery but mention your near saintly Vlad or Xi oh dear me no you can't do that that's the only whataboutery in town.

Would be funny if it wasn't so blatantly biased.....oh sorry only we are biased.

Not so sure that any country in the world has anywhere near as bad a record of abuse as the US,well not according to Thomas it's the UK.

Still those killed in the Katyn forest was something and nothing or of the Twenty million Russians that perished in WW2 around half died not from the madness of Hitler but good old uncle Joe.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 11:25:01 PM
No I don't,would you see this reported in China or Russia but of course you'd maintain such abuses would never happen there all such reports false.
Do you get the point?
Whataboutism again.
How do you expect to preach to the rest of the world when you are the biggest offender in spades.
No other country in the world has a record of abuse that comes anywhere close to that of the US and all done of course in the name of Freedom and Democracy.
Like I said earlier, we have all the grace and dignity of a spoilt 5 year old. We are an embarrassment period.
The rest of the world holds us in utter contempt. Fortunately, we also hold it in a state of terror, due to our military technology.
Gradually that technological edge erodes and the terror will subside, until only the contempt remains.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 15, 2022, 11:17:31 PM
So illegal war, illegal prisons, illegal torture and holding without due process
Are we going to see this on the rolling news broadcasts and dominate the news headlines and most of the broadcasts for weeks on end??
Are we going to sanction the US?
Are we going to embargo US trade and the dollar?
Will we ban US Tech?
Will we start a case against senior US officials past and present at ICC for their war crimes?
Can we start a Crowd fund to pay for the assassination of the US president?
Can we operate Social Media accounts to whip up enthusiasm for paying for it
Old news? current US policy is driving effective genocide in Afghanistan today so all of the above still stands as valid.
I could go on, but I am sure you get the point.
No I don't,would you see this reported in China or Russia but of course you'd maintain such abuses would never happen there all such reports false.
Do you get the point?

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 10:16:27 PM
For all those that slam the biased western media that only ever tells lies about Russia whilst hiding any abuses of power by the west.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10614799/Detainee-secret-CIA-detention-site-Afghanistan-used-living-torture-prop.html
So illegal war, illegal prisons, illegal torture and holding without due process
Are we going to see this on the rolling news broadcasts and dominate the news headlines and most of the broadcasts for weeks on end??
Are we going to sanction the US?
Are we going to embargo US trade and the dollar?
Will we ban US Tech?
Will we start a case against senior US officials past and present at ICC for their war crimes?
Can we start a Crowd fund to pay for the assassination of the US president?
Can we operate Social Media accounts to whip up enthusiasm for paying for it
Old news? current US policy is driving effective genocide in Afghanistan today so all of the above still stands as valid.
I could go on, but I am sure you get the point.

cromwell

For all those that slam the biased western media that only ever tells lies about Russia whilst hiding any abuses of power by the west.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10614799/Detainee-secret-CIA-detention-site-Afghanistan-used-living-torture-prop.html

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 15, 2022, 08:47:30 PM
Sure it does.  I'm criticising his comment on Russia, and his double standard.
It was a polite request,I've posted myself referencing another thread.

I could do it for you but you'd complain I was being unfair.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 08:16:22 PM
The majority of your post has nothing to do with  "Can Russia be stopped" 

Sure it does.  I'm criticising his comment on Russia, and his double standard.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on March 15, 2022, 08:11:30 PM
"So I know fascism when I see it," says Tatchell.

Here's wikipedia definition of fascism:

"far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society."

During the lockdown, we were authoritatively told to stay at home, as dictated by the government, not by any democratic decision, people who protested were arrested, and we were made to wear masks and socially distance.  The only thing missing from that, as a definition of fascism, is ultranationalism.  So does Peter Tatchell only think fascism is bad because it includes nationalism, or would he not know fascism if it slapped him in the face?
The majority of your post has nothing to do with  "Can Russia be stopped" why don't you make this point on the covid thread?

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on March 15, 2022, 07:45:17 PM
Interesting here from Peter Tatchell

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10612969/PETER-TATCHELL-Alice-Wonderland-delusions-Lefts-Putin-apologists-sicken-me.html

"So I know fascism when I see it," says Tatchell.

Here's wikipedia definition of fascism:

"far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society."

During the lockdown, we were authoritatively told to stay at home, as dictated by the government, not by any democratic decision, people who protested were arrested, and we were made to wear masks and socially distance.  The only thing missing from that, as a definition of fascism, is ultranationalism.  So does Peter Tatchell only think fascism is bad because it includes nationalism, or would he not know fascism if it slapped him in the face?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on March 15, 2022, 07:39:44 PM
What s that got to do with anything i have said?

Whats that got to do with anythng i have said?
Quote me where i have said it does?

As ever groo jumps in feet first in a drive past post and lands face down on the thread.

The sequence of events from when i posted this morning  , for the hard of understanding , are as follows.

Page 39 of the thread  , i posted this

Do you understand the post groo? The lady author isnt justifying the russian invasion , she is questioning the western narrative and explaining how she has been writing about events in ukraine for years , and talking about ukrainians being burned alive by neo nazis .

On page 40 , a number of posts later , cromwell posted this..

Which i skimmed over , and as per cromwell headline appeared to be implying the neo nazis were an invention of russian propaganda , to which i proved evidence of the western media also calling out neo nazis in ukraine PRIOR to the russian invasion.

So despite your best attempt yet again groo , another epic failure from your ivory tower in canada of events here in europe.

No one least of all me on this froum is in inay way saying Russias invasion of ukraine is justified rgeading neo nazis elements in that country , or that there isnt neo nazis in other countries around the world including your former and current countries.

Over and out groo.

See you on the next drive by.
I wasn't implying anything other than there are so many links being posted on this thread where some insist are the only truth,just because I or anyone posts a link doesn't mean you agree with every last word.

Interesting here from Peter Tatchell

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10612969/PETER-TATCHELL-Alice-Wonderland-delusions-Lefts-Putin-apologists-sicken-me.html

Thomas

Quote from: Groo on March 15, 2022, 06:01:14 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Russia as a Country contains more known neo-nazi's then any other nation.
What s that got to do with anything i have said?

QuoteThe fact is every Country has a far right element.
Whats that got to do with anythng i have said?

QuoteIt doesn't act as an excuse to invade and murder people in a Country.
Quote me where i have said it does?

As ever groo jumps in feet first in a drive past post and lands face down on the thread.

The sequence of events from when i posted this morning  , for the hard of understanding , are as follows.

Page 39 of the thread  , i posted this

QuoteFor most Westerners, it appears that the current conflict suddenly dropped from the sky one morning in February 2022. They woke up to hear about a Russian invasion, and without any prior knowledge or context, having been denied this for years by their so-called free press, simply accepted the narrative thrown at them that this invasion was utterly unprovoked — the brainchild of a madman who wishes to recreate Hammer and Sickle Land again.

None of this is remotely true. Whatever the actual reasons for invading at this particular time — and I don't believe for one moment that we have the full picture yet — this conflict most certainly did not drop out of the sky or from the ravings of a lunatic on 24th February 2022. No, it is part of a sequence of events that was set off years ago, particularly in 2014, which were clearly destined to reshape the world.

I would also point out that I was writing about atrocities committed against Ukrainians years before it became fashionable to do so. However, unfortunately it seems I was supporting the wrong Ukrainians — the ones nobody cares about — in the Donbass, who have been killed, terrorised and forced to leave the country by their own brutal Government for eight years, with some even deliberately burned alive by the neo-Nazis formations that apparently don't exist.

https://thewallwillfall.org/2022/03/14/when-fanatical-ideology-bumps-up-against-stone-cold-reality/

Another article questioning the western media narrative....

Do you understand the post groo? The lady author isnt justifying the russian invasion , she is questioning the western narrative and explaining how she has been writing about events in ukraine for years , and talking about ukrainians being burned alive by neo nazis .

On page 40 , a number of posts later , cromwell posted this..

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-20th-century-history-behind-russias-invasion-of-ukraine-180979672/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

The 20th-Century History Behind Russia's Invasion of Ukraine

During WWII, Ukrainian nationalists saw the Nazis as liberators from Soviet oppression. Now, Russia is using that chapter to paint Ukraine as a Nazi nation
Which i skimmed over , and as per cromwell headline appeared to be implying the neo nazis were an invention of russian propaganda , to which i proved evidence of the western media also calling out neo nazis in ukraine PRIOR to the russian invasion.

So despite your best attempt yet again groo , another epic failure from your ivory tower in canada of events here in europe.

No one least of all me on this forum is in any way saying Russias invasion of ukraine is justified regarding neo nazis elements in that country , or that there isnt neo nazis in other countries around the world including your former and current countries.

Over and out groo.

See you on the next drive by.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 15, 2022, 06:38:08 PM
Indeed. We have neo-nazis here. Doesn't give Russian the right to invade us.
Hi Steve.

I would very much appreciate it if you wouldnt indirectly misrepresent me . I havent anywhere on this forum claimed russia is justified in invading ukraine beacuse ukraine has neo nazis .

I have also said i believe Russia should withdraw and both side end the conflict , till im sick to death of saying it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Good old

Quote from: Scott777 on March 15, 2022, 06:03:23 PM
Justify in what way, and why does it matter?

The fact that he doesn't want his people to know it is a war. Is why it matters. It is obvious it matters to him that even the basic truths are avoided . If his people know they are at war he has to justify every reason for the suffering that war will bring their way.
It's obvious he knows full well he could lose his war in his own back yard. And that's why if he can not justify it, it may well matter a lot.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on March 15, 2022, 06:38:08 PM
Indeed. We have neo-nazis here. Doesn't give Russian the right to invade us.
I doubt even the Yanks would cause a coup put them in power and put a comedian as President with questionable heritage, while arming them to the teeth and thinking how amusing having their media and government backing them. But then it isn't the first time they have done that either.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!