I will not come to my senses I am acting out my fantasy

Started by Sheepy, March 02, 2022, 05:20:49 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

It has and will push up the price of the Ruble it also means the EU will need more Rubles than you can shake a stick at for gas, so either they will need to sell goods to Russia in return for Rubles or convert Euros either way Russia wins. The Chinese and Indians not so much are ramped right up with Dollars so Dollars won't be a problem. The Russians are ramped up with Euros so placing them won't be problem.

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 24, 2022, 02:55:16 PM
All right

Someone explain please

With the rouble tanking why in hell is he asking to be paid in roubles ? It's an easy thing to do if he insists, any number of dodgy buggers in northern Cyprus will serve as less than honest brokers ....
Priced in Euro's paid in Rubles.... is it that hard to figure out?. These payments relate to fixed contracts.

johnofgwent

All right

Someone explain please

With the rouble tanking why in hell is he asking to be paid in roubles ? It's an easy thing to do if he insists, any number of dodgy buggers in northern Cyprus will serve as less than honest brokers ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Some European wholesale gas prices were up to 30% higher on Wednesday. British and Dutch wholesale gas prices jumped.
Russian gas accounts for some 40% of Europe's total consumption. EU gas imports from Russia this year have fluctuated between €200 million to €800 million ($880 million) a day.
"Russia will continue, of course, to supply natural gas in accordance with volumes and prices ... fixed in previously concluded contracts," Putin said at a televised meeting with government ministers.
"The changes will only affect the currency of payment, which will be changed to Russian rubles," he said.
Cash or cheque you brainless morons?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on March 20, 2022, 08:22:16 AM
Speaking at the Fourth International Forum on Security and Strategy in Beijing on Saturday, the Chinese official agreed with Moscow's assessment that NATO's unchecked expansion in Eastern Europe and the failure to address Russia's national security concerns had paved the way for the current crisis. He said a simple "commitment of no eastward expansion could have easily ended the crisis and stopped the suffering."

"Instead, one chose to fan the flames at a safe distance, watching its own arms dealers, bankers and oil tycoons make a fortune out of the war, while leaving the people of a small country with the wounds of war that would take years to heal," he said.
That ain't all he said but it is a fair assessment.

I must admit China really is getting my respect right now and I totally agree with them that history will be on their side over this. They even said something I thought a while back for why America seem to keep up the rhetoric. I genuinely think America would have taken a different approach to this had it been a conflict in the Americas. For America they don't suffer the consequences of refugees or the effects of war. They are in the middle of the sea away from it all and can do what they like. I don't know what America is whispering in Zelenskys ear and I hope it really is asking him to compromise. I don't know if anyone has explained to Zelensky power sharing or cooperation or given the guy some background to the Northern Ireland Good Friday agreement. But there is a difference to relinquishing claim to something and running something. Russia aren't going to give up Crimea so you really do need to think about what can satisfy both sides. It is also a pro Russian area of Ukraine. So in my opinion Zelensky would be wise to concede Crimea to the Russians. If he wants to save face, then he should explore power sharing with both nations claiming it as their territory. I really don't know what else can be done over it. But what I do know is Zelensky isn't going to win in the end and nobody, certainly not Ukrainians will benefit from a war that goes on for years.

As for NATO, it was interesting Macrons take on NATO yesterday. Again another guy I admire talking sense. Clearly NATO has proven its worth today to some extent but at the same time clearly things aren't working with it. He mentioned changed with it for the next conference meeting in a few months back. I reckon he means the open door policy. For the sakes of the planet, that needs to fucking change. Giving nations false hope of joining that clearly are not in our interests to join has to stop.

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on March 20, 2022, 09:22:42 AM
Is he? Well apparently he's upset the eu and some of his back benchers  by comparing the Ukraine to us leaving the eu and Brexit. :)

Just more evidence the guy isn't fit for office Cromwell. Let him limp to the May elections and then he should resign. And for the sakes of everyone we need to hope Sunak takes over. A cool head is needed IMHO and Sunak is definitely that.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on March 20, 2022, 09:22:42 AM
Is he? Well apparently he's upset the eu and some of his back benchers  by comparing the Ukraine to us leaving the eu and Brexit. :)
Don't bother listening to those old cobblers it is just trying to get Brexiteers back on side. While at the same time agreeing with his latest mad episode. 

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on March 19, 2022, 10:12:51 PM
PM labelled 'threat to national security' over reports he attended Tory fundraising party on night Putin launched invasion (msn.com)
I am convinced Boris is out of his skull most of the time on drink and probably some king of marching powder no I kid you not.
Is he? Well apparently he's upset the eu and some of his back benchers  by comparing the Ukraine to us leaving the eu and Brexit. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Speaking at the Fourth International Forum on Security and Strategy in Beijing on Saturday, the Chinese official agreed with Moscow's assessment that NATO's unchecked expansion in Eastern Europe and the failure to address Russia's national security concerns had paved the way for the current crisis. He said a simple "commitment of no eastward expansion could have easily ended the crisis and stopped the suffering."

"Instead, one chose to fan the flames at a safe distance, watching its own arms dealers, bankers and oil tycoons make a fortune out of the war, while leaving the people of a small country with the wounds of war that would take years to heal," he said.
That ain't all he said but it is a fair assessment. 

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 17, 2022, 06:40:24 AM
So your not on the list of people getting a three day warning to go to the shelter ? 
Erm,no and neither is anyone else. Boris reckons he will have time to send everyone a goodbye text message, he can do the same with that one as I told him he could do with his covid one. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on March 16, 2022, 11:13:39 PM
LOL they all are all fecking mad, I was reading earlier the west needs to give the Russians a way out, erm then I read this, me thinks you took a big bite of something you cannot actually chew.
UK 'totally unprepared' to warn citizens of imminent nuclear threat (msn.com)
What would be the fecking point? let them go about their business in 5 minutes from launch fatty Boris and anyone else for that matter including you wouldn't have time to wipe your backside.
So your not on the list of people getting a three day warning to go to the shelter ?  

Sheepy

LOL they all are all fecking mad, I was reading earlier the west needs to give the Russians a way out, erm then I read this, me thinks you took a big bite of something you cannot actually chew.
UK 'totally unprepared' to warn citizens of imminent nuclear threat (msn.com)
What would be the fecking point? let them go about their business in 5 minutes from launch fatty Boris and anyone else for that matter including you wouldn't have time to wipe your backside.