Erdington stays Labour

Started by Good old, March 04, 2022, 04:07:56 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 05, 2022, 11:05:53 AM
To easy Sheep , abstention is in effect agreement you haven't said you don't want , you have said You  dont care .
At least the choice that is offered is not totalitarian option the likes of Putin offers.
Like I kept telling you all, I wasn't saying much about it for a reason, enjoy your victory, although I am not sure exactly who you can say you represent. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2022, 10:47:52 AM
So now what General, when you turn up at Westminster HQ and plainly the vast majority don't want you? Who wouldn't vote for you in a month of Sundays? What sort of right that does give you to lord it?

To easy Sheep , abstention is in effect agreement you haven't said you don't want , you have said You  dont care .
At least the choice that is offered is not totalitarian option the likes of Putin offers.

Barry

Quote from: Good old on March 05, 2022, 10:35:23 AM
You very rightly noticed I had missed out the word , Share. I quickly remedied that. Labour didn't increase their vote they increased their share of the vote, small though the overall vote was. There was no intention to deceive , more an intention to draw attention to the fact that with only 27%of voters doing so it becomes difficult to not accept that the result is in fact decided by abstention.
Thanks, the real news is, as you say, the apathy amongst the electorate to vote much at all.
However, Labour won fair and square.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 05, 2022, 10:35:23 AM
You very rightly noticed I had missed out the word , Share. I quickly remedied that. Labour didn't increase their vote they increased their share of the vote, small though the overall vote was. There was no intention to deceive , more an intention to draw attention to the fact that with only 27%of voters doing so it becomes difficult to not accept that the result is in fact decided by abstention.

So now what General, when you turn up at Westminster HQ and plainly the vast majority don't want you? Who wouldn't vote for you in a month of Sundays? What sort of right that does give you to lord it?

Good old

Quote from: Barry on March 05, 2022, 10:01:32 AM
I've no idea what this means.

T00ts

Barry

Quote from: Good old on March 04, 2022, 04:24:26 PM
Yer rushing I'll alter . There done.
I've no idea what this means.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 04, 2022, 09:31:14 PM
Don't you think any claim to a landslide lays with the 73% that didn't get off their arses and vote?
We are not voting for scumbag Westminster party, the next landslide you will see will be a populist one. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on March 04, 2022, 09:31:14 PM
Don't you think any claim to a landslide lays with the 73% that didn't get off their arses and vote?

I'm surprised. Normally a turnout that shitty hands victory to a hard boiled extremist 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2022, 08:47:37 PM
Paulette Hamilton actually increased the Labour vote by 10% so it looks like a landslide for the brothers and sisters.

God bless you Sir Keir!

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on March 04, 2022, 04:24:26 PM

Paulette Hamilton actually increased the Labour vote by 10% so it looks like a landslide for the brothers and sisters.

God bless you Sir Keir!
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Barry on March 04, 2022, 04:20:20 PM
Labour did increase their vote, Good Old, it went from 17720 for Jack Dromey to 9413 for Paulette Hamilton.
That's an increase of minus 47%.
;D

Barry

Labour did increase their vote, Good Old, it went from 17720 for Jack Dromey to 9413 for Paulette Hamilton.
That's an increase of minus 47%.
;D
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 04, 2022, 04:07:56 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/labours-paulette-hamilton-has-won-the-birmingham-erdington-by-election-12556978

Labour increase there vote,. But what a state our democracy is in , with only a 27% turn out.
It strikes me no one has anything to crow about here. Maybe people were distracted by the Ukraine thing.any excuse Ah?
Now what general, I told you the populists were not turning out to vote for any more of it. In fact I asked at the time what will you all say when nobody turns out.

Good old

https://news.sky.com/story/labours-paulette-hamilton-has-won-the-birmingham-erdington-by-election-12556978

Labour increase there vote share.  But what a state our democracy is in , with only a 27% turn out.
It strikes me no one has anything to crow about here. Maybe people were distracted by the Ukraine thing.any excuse Ah?