T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 05, 2022, 05:28:09 PM
I was posting it from the Legion, in High Street Swanage
Dancing Dancing Dancing

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on March 05, 2022, 03:34:38 PM
You ought to move across the border!!  Dancing
I was posting it from the Legion, in High Street Swanage
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 05, 2022, 03:31:52 PM
I tried listing earlier but the signal strength here ls utterly rubbish...

You ought to move across the border!!  Dancing

johnofgwent

Regrettably the music was 60 years old but the bar prices were not. Ah well. One cannot sing the blues AND be entirely happy....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

I tried listing earlier but the signal strength here ls utterly rubbish...

Trying again

The 35th Swanage Blues Festival Friday Night at the British Legion was dedicated to the release of Alexis Korner's album marking the start of the blues in the UK. Recordings oh live performances at the place that would be known as The Home Of The Blues (arguably)in the UK, The Ealing Club.

The music was amazing, the beer and the sauvignon blanc and merlot even more so

No sleep till Tuesday 

Cheers.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 05, 2022, 10:48:55 AM
Yes good one. I also hate cut flowers - it's a death sentence. It might be quite nice to see people bow their heads and show respect instead. Did you sort out your spuds.

All is well spud wise Toots. Thanks for asking. I am creaking along, slowly but surely, and have have started with my first earlies. Daft business. I have been splashing in the mud and rain and caught cold, all for a few spuds that would cost nothing in Waitrose, although that might not be right. Even nothing costs telephone numbers in Waitrose. But as said, daft business gardening, but strangely addictive.

:)
It's never easy but a plateful of home grown taste is worth a fair amount of aggro I guess. I cannot believe you are bereft of some kind of home from home on the allotment where you keep something to keep the cold out! Perhaps a duvet day is in order? I'm a great advocate in times of less robust days. Take care.

Borchester

Yes good one. I also hate cut flowers - it's a death sentence. It might be quite nice to see people bow their heads and show respect instead. Did you sort out your spuds.

All is well spud wise Toots. Thanks for asking. I am creaking along, slowly but surely, and have have started with my first earlies. Daft business. I have been splashing in the mud and rain and caught cold, all for a few spuds that would cost nothing in Waitrose, although that might not be right. Even nothing costs telephone numbers in Waitrose. But as said, daft business gardening, but strangely addictive.

:)

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2022, 08:08:58 PM
Dunno.

My default position is happily glum. I don't expect much from life and am thus often delighted at quite small bits of good news.

Flowers are a problem. I love to see them shoot up, but hate cutting them because I figure that the place for them is in a garden, not a vase.

Ah, I know what would cheer me up! Whenever someone gets run over flowers are always taped to lampposts and railings and such, which is ok I suppose although the victims aren't likely to have a chance to admire them. But the donors always leave the cellophane on and then the flowers die and look mega manky. So if folk want to show their respect, remove the wrappings or even better, just touch your hat and let it go at that.

Every morning I get a

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on March 04, 2022, 06:11:21 PM
It's been a rotten couple of years in many ways and it seems set to continue for a while longer so.... what would really cheer you up?

I do Wordle each day usually getting there in 3 most days - I would love to get it in 2.
Everyone around me has daffs up - not me. I would love to see them bloom in my garden tomorrow, that would cheer me up a treat.

Quite small goals I guess but it's the little things that make the difference don't you think? So come on - the sillier the better let's have a laugh!
Dunno.

My default position is happily glum. I don't expect much from life and am thus often delighted at quite small bits of good news.

Flowers are a problem. I love to see them shoot up, but hate cutting them because I figure that the place for them is in a garden, not a vase.

Ah, I know what would cheer me up! Whenever someone gets run over flowers are always taped to lampposts and railings and such, which is ok I suppose although the victims aren't likely to have a chance to admire them. But the donors always leave the cellophane on and then the flowers die and look mega manky. So if folk want to show their respect, remove the wrappings or even better, just touch your hat and let it go at that.

Every morning I get a
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

It's been a rotten couple of years in many ways and it seems set to continue for a while longer so.... what would really cheer you up?

I do Wordle each day usually getting there in 3 most days - I would love to get it in 2.
Everyone around me has daffs up - not me. I would love to see them bloom in my garden tomorrow, that would cheer me up a treat.

Quite small goals I guess but it's the little things that make the difference don't you think? So come on - the sillier the better let's have a laugh!