Queen's speech

Started by T00ts, October 14, 2019, 02:09:59 PM

« previous - next »

Churchill

The Monarch has to remain neutral ever since the restoration that was the deal , Charles and the others most of whom will never inherit the throne can and do within reason voice their personal thoughts and opinions , the Monarch cannot I think Charles once on the throne when he becomes Monarch will do the same and follow suit.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

Quote from: Churchill post_id=1178 time=1571400324 user_id=69
Yes she has stuck to her guns through bad and good times done her duty to the UK and beyond our shores as she promised back in 1953 never wavered, I think Charles will make a good King you know where you stand with him he tells it as he sees it.

I'm not so sure. The Queen has largely managed to stay very neutral through the years. Charles has been very outspoken on many fronts. Will he have the self control once his mother is gone to keep his own counsel?

Churchill

Yes she has stuck to her guns through bad and good times done her duty to the UK and beyond our shores as she promised back in 1953 never wavered, I think Charles will make a good King you know where you stand with him he tells it as he sees it.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

She vowed age 21 that she would reign for life. She won't renege on that. Having said that I have heard talk of her following Edinburgh into retirement at 95. She will remain Queen but in most other ways Charles will take over. I think she has earned a rest.

As far as abdicating for William, I think that would be a bad mistake. He deserves to put on some age. discretion and experience before he takes over. I don't relish Charles for king but there is enough tradition and precedent being thrown to the wall already. At present society could use some continuation of well known and loved tradition and anyway it's good for tourism.

Churchill

HRM is a traditionalist and will stay in harness as long as possible , she is slowly handing over to Charles a bit at a time soon IMO she will make fewer and fewer public appearances.

Charles is the next in line he will take over, after him Prince William

johnofgwent

She should have followed the example of several other crowned heads and abdicated in favour of her GRANDSON on the occasion of his marriage.

Who here wishes to argue the case that

A) it is a job for a person no older than middle age and / or

B) her grandson is not ready to do the job and/or

C) her piss poor example of how to be a married man son should get a crack at the whip.

Where's the 'popcorn' icon...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

IMHO it is the only place they can set up cameras on the green bit of land next to Westminster Abbey in order that MP's  can interviewed  by different TV companies and get back into the Commons quickly should a division be called, they are also near the Police outside the Palace fairly secure

If they moved onto Parliament Square they would be closer to the traffic noise and the moron who has been shouting his head off for the last 3 years, and other protesters who gather from time to time which would interfere with their broadcasts.

Paulus de B

Quote from: Cassie post_id=603 time=1571068451 user_id=57
Why do they have to interview people with the nutters screaming and shouting?  It is so not good TV.
It's puzzling why they have to broadcast from outside buildings at all.  There's nothing to see there - that poor Ms Kuensberg at Westminster, and Ms Adler in Brussels - we know what the outside of the building looks like, it isn't news.

T00ts

Why do they have to interview people with the nutters screaming and shouting?  It is so not good TV.

If they were shouting for Brexit they would move the news-stand! They probably want us to believe that the majority is now for remain as we can hear them shouting loudest. Or maybe they hope we will just give up after constant bombardment.

Streetwalker

You know , I don't think they would even bother interviewing the endless line of Im going to bore you to death MP's if there wasn't someone who's got nothing better to do shouting 'No Brexit' in the background

Cassie

Cassie

Quote from: cromwell post_id=600 time=1571067867 user_id=48
Quote from: Cassie post_id=589 time=1571065089 user_id=57
Soubury giving it large again,

Yeah saw that,just hope she gets the HOB at the next GE  :)

Her party has 0% rating, doesn't that tell her something?

cromwell

Quote from: Cassie post_id=589 time=1571065089 user_id=57
Soubury giving it large again,

Yeah saw that,just hope she gets the HOB at the next GE  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Cassie

Quote from: T00ts post_id=594 time=1571065833 user_id=54
The moment that Corbyn began to lose it was when a Conservative pointed out to him (on a 'give way') that today would have been the GE if he had accepted the offer, and he would have been the one going to the meeting this week. He looked scuppered.

They just tie themselves in knots, never mind the rest of us!

T00ts

The moment that Corbyn began to lose it was when a Conservative pointed out to him (on a 'give way') that today would have been the GE if he had accepted the offer, and he would have been the one going to the meeting this week. He looked scuppered.