Queen's speech

Started by T00ts, October 14, 2019, 02:09:59 PM

« previous - next »

Cassie

Corbyn said that the Queen's speech is a farce, why didn't he vote for a GE then. I idiot!!!

Cassie

Quote from: Cassie post_id=586 time=1571064884 user_id=57
I only started watching after BJ had started speaking. I don't suppose there will be a vote of no-confidence to day, the SNP after running to the courts to get Parliament back to work, are not there. We may have to wait until Saturday for that

I take that back, Blackford is there.

Cassie

Soubury giving it large again,

T00ts

I think one thing we could agree with is that Corbyn is not a fast mover. That fits!

Cassie

I only started watching after BJ had started speaking. I don't suppose there will be a vote of no-confidence to day, the SNP after running to the courts to get Parliament back to work, are not there. We may have to wait until Saturday for that

T00ts

Are you watching HofC now? I have been and really enjoyed the opening speeches, then Corbyn got up and delivered his standard diatribe. You would think he wouldn't need notes anymore. His poor effort at light-hearted simply died a death and he quite plainly started to lose his temper at one point.

BJ is on his feet at the moment. I would imagine that there will be an Aye/No call at the end which will not need a vote in the lobbies. I should think it's just procedural.

One thing is for sure. Blow the rhetoric and calls for compromise and unity, there is only one agenda on the opposition benches. Get Corbyn into No10 by any means possible. Labour has already decided that BJ will continue to lose every vote including the new deal should it ever arrive. Please give us a GE I am so sick of the threat that Corbyn et al continues to flog that a Labour Government will spend more than the next few generations will ever be able to pay back.

Cassie

Does all of this verbal diarrhea in the HOC culminate in a vote? If so, could we end up with a no-confidence vote and an interim government being asked to assemble?

T00ts

How I have to admire this woman. With her heavy crown on a cushion rather than on her 94 yr old head, and her determined dot and carry one method of climbing the last few stairs having safely taken the lift elsewhere all the while releasing the support of Charle's hand, she has once again navigated her task of giving this speech.

I just wonder how those MPs felt and if it made them reconsider their behaviour of past months/years and if it will change their planned behaviour to come.

The speech itself seemed pretty lack lustre, maybe to deter being voted down, although it still put 31st October in place within it. The start of a pretty hectic week I think.