Main Menu

New way of living

Started by T00ts, March 09, 2022, 10:26:02 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

At least we're in springtime now, with the summer to come, meaning most people won't need to use their central heating and will probably crave less hot food.

Rising energy and fuel prices will still make life more difficult for a lot of people but not to the extent they would in a cold winter. 

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 09, 2022, 12:06:34 PM
I wouldn't feel too grateful for their degree of starvation and hypothermia is what Greta's cultists plan for you

Renationalising the power distribution by compulsory purchase at £1 of all privatised assets and f**k the shareholders will reduce your bill by 10% instantly as the levy you are being hit with to cover customer losses.

Abandonment of the demand you pay in advance and a return to paying quarterly in arrears with options to prepay for those fearful of a large quarterly bill will at a stroke remove the mountain of customers mers money electricity and gas companies can abuse.

The cardigan wearing tree huggers have destroyed our coal burning stations and all reserves have been put beyond access by shutdown of mine pumps for years.

Start fracking and burn green activists alive in CHP stations. Mass logging and burning of biomass in similar.

And start bringing those industrially machined micro reactors online to make electricity from nuclear

Plus, all those physicists who have been promising cheap energy from nuclear fusion in the next twenty years for the last eighty years should be locked up with Greta Glumburg and and sent for forced labour in the North Sea deuterium mines and not released until my electricity bill is reduced to sod all.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on March 09, 2022, 11:34:07 AM
I look like a rolypoly with lots of layers and the heating as low as I can bear it. The car sits on the driveway for days at a time. I just hope we can hang on until the weather warms up then I think of those in Ukraine, soldiers on both sides and the civilians trapped and the -10 degrees with no chance of heat or little food etc. and feel grateful.

I wouldn't feel too grateful for their degree of starvation and hypothermia is what Greta's cultists plan for you 

Renationalising the power distribution by compulsory purchase at £1 of all privatised assets and F@@@ the shareholders will reduce your bill by 10% instantly as the levy you are being hit with to cover customer losses.

Abandonment of the demand you pay in advance and a return to paying quarterly in arrears with options to prepay for those fearful of a large quarterly bill will at a stroke remove the mountain of customers mers money electricity and gas companies can abuse.

The cardigan wearing tree huggers have destroyed our coal burning stations and all reserves have been put beyond access by shutdown of mine pumps for years.

Start fracking and burn green activists alive in CHP stations. Mass logging and burning of biomass in similar. 

And start bringing those industrially machined micro reactors online to make electricity from nuclear 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 09, 2022, 11:15:23 AM
I'll try working nearer home though to be fair I've been doing that since the virus anyway ,other than that no change for me , I've only a few years left at the coal face and will stumble over the line hopefully without much adjustment.

Folk though need to be careful ,fuel bills are going to take a big chunk out of our  incomes and I know a few who just about go from week to week as it is . They need as do we all the oil producing nations to turn the taps up and bring down the cost ,the World can do without Russia
I look like a rolypoly with lots of layers and the heating as low as I can bear it. The car sits on the driveway for days at a time. I just hope we can hang on until the weather warms up then I think of those in Ukraine, soldiers on both sides and the civilians trapped and the -10 degrees with no chance of heat or little food etc. and feel grateful.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on March 09, 2022, 10:26:02 AM
Well with fuel rocketing in price and becoming a luxury rather than a necessity how will we cope? If we can't afford the drive to work do we work from home again? What about the deliveries? Online shopping that was a life saver last time may not be so possible. Will we see an increase in horse and carts? Chaps with baskets on bicycles?

I guess the Royal family will be ok with all their carriages and horses - perhaps she'll loan them out to help. I guess it depends on how long the situation lasts but I can see Putin blocking all power exports just out of spite - this is a very cross bloke who is mad at everyone who thwarts his wishes it seems. I don't envy those who try to love him. That  apart I envisage a bit of a social change over the summer. It could be interesting. What adjustments do you think you will make to your normal living?
I'll try working nearer home though to be fair I've been doing that since the virus anyway ,other than that no change for me , I've only a few years left at the coal face and will stumble over the line hopefully without much adjustment. 

Folk though need to be careful ,fuel bills are going to take a big chunk out of our  incomes and I know a few who just about go from week to week as it is . They need as do we all the oil producing nations to turn the taps up and bring down the cost ,the World can do without Russia 

T00ts

Well with fuel rocketing in price and becoming a luxury rather than a necessity how will we cope? If we can't afford the drive to work do we work from home again? What about the deliveries? Online shopping that was a life saver last time may not be so possible. Will we see an increase in horse and carts? Chaps with baskets on bicycles? 

I guess the Royal family will be ok with all their carriages and horses - perhaps she'll loan them out to help. I guess it depends on how long the situation lasts but I can see Putin blocking all power exports just out of spite - this is a very cross bloke who is mad at everyone who thwarts his wishes it seems. I don't envy those who try to love him. That  apart I envisage a bit of a social change over the summer. It could be interesting. What adjustments do you think you will make to your normal living?