It is good to have friends but...

Started by Borchester, March 10, 2022, 08:42:10 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

That reminds me , must pick up a bag of spuds from Waitrose on the way home from the pub . 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2022, 11:08:53 AM
Real world problems eh Mr B. 😆

In my world Nick, yes.

There is always a war or an outbreak of the flu or some such somewhere, but right now I am worried the things that really count, which are my wife's bad back and keeping my allotment in order
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on March 11, 2022, 12:27:54 AM
A man can never have too many friends Toots, but I wouldn't mind a chance to put in another row of first earlies as well
:)
Real world problems eh Mr B. 😆 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 11, 2022, 12:27:54 AM
A man can never have too many friends Toots, but I wouldn't mind a chance to put in another row of first earlies as well
Dancing Dancing Dancing 

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on March 10, 2022, 10:13:01 PM
You see? Proof that you are popular guy! ;D

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on March 10, 2022, 08:42:10 PM
I went to the allotment this afternoon, meaning to put in a row of potatoes. The idea was to plant the spuds in tubs which, since it consisted of nothing more than dropping them in and pouring compost on top, was not something I expected to take any time at all.

So I pitched up, got the tubs lined up and then P appeared. Who started on about his out of body experiences and the times he was in military prison and trying to survive on two cigarettes a day. But finally he made his excuses and left, whereupon I started filling the tubs.

I had gotten to the second tube when C appeared and explained that all the Arts grants were going to the LGBTG community and that he was not best pleased it. He rattled on about this for some time until he managed to talk himself out whereupon I started on tub three.

Then R rang and started on about the general dimwitedness of her skivvy until she finally twigged that I was not that interested in the problems of the impoverished gentry, and rang off. And then C arrived and asked my advice on planting potatoes.....

Irony, tinnery, bronzery and all the rest. But I showed her what I was doing and she asked if that would be enough and I said no, I had planed to plant umpteen rows of spuds, but I had spent the afternoon bunnying and now the light was going.

And C said that it was good to have friends and I was about to say not always, but thought better of it.
You see? Proof that you are popular guy! ;D

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on March 10, 2022, 08:42:10 PM
I went to the allotment this afternoon, meaning to put in a row of potatoes. The idea was to plant the spuds in tubs which, since it consisted of nothing more than dropping them in and pouring compost on top, was not something I expected to take any time at all.

So I pitched up, got the tubs lined up and then P appeared. Who started on about his out of body experiences and the times he was in military prison and trying to survive on two cigarettes a day. But finally he made his excuses and left, whereupon I started filling the tubs.

I had gotten to the second tube when C appeared and explained that all the Arts grants were going to the LGBTG community and that he was not best pleased it. He rattled on about this for some time until he managed to talk himself out whereupon I started on tub three.

Then R rang and started on about the general dimwitedness of her skivvy until she finally twigged that I was not that interested in the problems of the impoverished gentry, and rang off. And then C arrived and asked my advice on planting potatoes.....

Irony, tinnery, bronzery and all the rest. But I showed her what I was doing and she asked if that would be enough and I said no, I had planed to plant umpteen rows of spuds, but I had spent the afternoon bunnying and now the light was going.

And C said that it was good to have friends and I was about to say not always, but thought better of it.
:D  :D  :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Algerie Francais !