Majority of uk want to stay out of the EU poll finds...

Started by Thomas, March 12, 2022, 04:23:03 PM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: HDQQ on June 14, 2022, 08:47:26 PM
Coincidentally, a recent poll suggests that 55% of Scots want to stay in the UK.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/new-scottish-independence-poll-shows-27058085

So either: Scottish independence and the UK rejoining the EU are dead topics that have been decided for good.
. . .  or: They are both ongoing issues.
There again, a recent panelbase poll put pro EU at 63% and stay out at 37% https://www.businessforscotland.com/poll-finds-growing-gulf-in-support-for-eu-membership-between-scotland-and-england/
Coincidentally, a recent poll suggests that 55% of Scots want to stay in the UK.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/new-scottish-independence-poll-shows-27058085

So either: Scottish independence and the UK rejoining the EU are dead topics that have been decided for good.

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 28, 2022, 07:29:22 AM
The EU , turning Europe into a third world shitehole for 40 years
EU Commission: Europe Is Too White, Mass Third World Migration Must Be The 'New Norm' (thenewamericanist.com)

What you are watching across Europe is the growth of anti-EU parties who don't want a vote to leave because they know the EU will fight them every step of the way, which is actually good for building more anti-EU sentiment. The unelected EU commissions already at war with Hungary, Poland and now Sweden and soon to be Italy.  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 27, 2022, 01:24:42 PM
No need, it's all on French beaches now. In fact!! Issue the French a deal, you stop sending us your crap and we'll stop sending you ours.

The EU , turning Europe into a third world shitehole for 40 years
 EU Commission: Europe Is Too White, Mass Third World Migration Must Be The 'New Norm' (thenewamericanist.com)

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 27, 2022, 01:24:42 PM
No need, it's all on French beaches now. In fact!! Issue the French a deal, you stop sending us your crap and we'll stop sending you ours.
:D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 16, 2022, 07:41:14 AM
No nick , i think you need to re read the article. The voting intention is for scottish seats in a westmisnter election...............the scot indy question is a straightforward question with yes/no as an answer. i think you are a wee bit muddled.
Arrogant people in england telling other countires they can't have a vote on something is always a good thing. You did that to 62 nations in your old empire , and where are they now?:D

Boris johnson telling scots they can't have a vote puts the indy support up a good few percentage points every time. Its as if you learned nothing about democracy during the brexit years , when anti demcorats like keir starmer and co told english people they couldnt leave the eu after voting for it , and then suffered the backlash in 2019....

Well true Tommy, but if Wee Krankie thought she had a chance of winning Indy2 she would go full steam ahead and give Boris the Agincourt Salute in the process. Westminster might huff and puff, but it is not as though anyone will be sending the Redcoats north to return the rebellious Scots to their true loyalty.

I suspect that she will get a hiding come the tail end of 2023. It is ungallant watch a lady in distress, but she will have to do a bit of ducking and weaving next year if she is going to hang onto her job.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on August 25, 2022, 06:51:56 PM
And now, it seems, if we rejoin the EU, the Brussels bureaucrats will try to stop British people from swimming in raw sewage. Union Flag
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

And now, it seems, if we rejoin the EU, the Brussels bureaucrats will try to stop British people from swimming in raw sewage. Union Flag
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2022, 06:55:06 PM
But your figures are not voting figures are they Tom, they're intention and feeling figure.

No nick , i think you need to re read the article. The voting intention is for scottish seats in a westmisnter election...............the scot indy question is a straightforward question with yes/no as an answer. i think you are a wee bit muddled.

QuoteThe other point, rightly or wrongly is that the government says you ain't getting a vote for another 20 years, matching the SNP campaign stating it's once in a generation. 
Arrogant people in england telling other countires they cant have a vote on something is always a good thing. You did that to 62 nations in your old empire , and where are they now?:D

Boris johnson telling scots they cant have a vote puts the indy support up a good few percentage points every time. Its as if you learned nothing about democracy during the brexit years , when anti demcorats like keir starmer and co told english people they couldnt leave the eu after voting for it , and then suffered the backlash in 2019....
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 15, 2022, 12:02:31 PM
Having taught Stats and, in my younger days, help pack union ballet boxes, I am always a bit dubious about opinion polls. Plus, like most folk south of the border, I don't give a toss one way or another about Scottish Independence. Come Der Tag, we will still be buying their whisky and they will still lose at the rugby, so no change there.

That said, I reckon that the Nats main problem is enthusiasm. Right now they are on a roll; the Crann Tara is being paraded through the streets of Govan and Dougie Ross is cowering underneath his bed and terrified that Morayloon will come calling.

But I reckon that the Nats have reached peak rage. What they have now is as good as it can get. The numbers will start to fall and come autumn 2023 Wee Krankie will lead her troops into glorious defeat and then start preparing for Indy3
people in another country forecasting what might happen is never a good look borkie , bearing in mind how you got your predictions so disasterously wrong for the local scottish elections a few weeks back when you told us the brothers and sisters would win.

The fact of the matter is this.

45% of scots want indy no matter what. Around 30% want the union no matter what. That leaves around 25 % , mainly moderate scots who are open to persuasion as we know.

Of that 25 % , many of them are now being asked to pick between your "union" and a proper union like the EU. As we know , your nations leaders fooled them the last time into saying they had to choose the uk to stay in the eu , and then promptly two years later took them out of the eu. So many of them are extremely angry.

So we will see.

The question is , what exactly does little england have to offer scotland to stay in their anti democratic union that scotland couldnt get elsewhere as en indy country joining another union like the EU etc? Not a lot i would say.

If it is another no vote , all you will have achieved once again is a can kicking excercise to keep your union on life support for another few years till the inevitable happens again. Indy isnt going away one way or the other.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 15, 2022, 07:48:51 AM
sounds good to me quackers. 50/50 split before campaigning is under way? I will take that. We started around 25 % last time and ended up at 45 % , when the uk still had something to offer the moderate middle ground scots.

Should Scotland be an independent country?  (Ipsos-Mori / STV)
Yes 50% (-4)
No 50% (+4)

Latest TELEPHONE poll for #Referendum2023 says 50% of the public will vote for independence - and that's BEFORE the campaign for next year's guaranteed referendum even gets underway
But your figures are not voting figures are they Tom, they're intention and feeling figure.
If you just use the likely to vote figures no is still in front.
The other point, rightly or wrongly is that the government says you ain't getting a vote for another 20 years, matching the SNP campaign stating it's once in a generation. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on June 15, 2022, 12:02:31 PM
Having taught Stats and, in my younger days, help pack union ballet boxes, I am always a bit dubious about opinion polls. 
My experience tells me you're right to be cautious. Discernible trends indicate a more likely outcome. The trick is to judge when they're still in play and not about to slam into reverse...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 15, 2022, 07:48:51 AM
sounds good to me quackers. 50/50 split before campaigning is under way? I will take that. We started around 25 % last time and ended up at 45 % , when the uk still had something to offer the moderate middle ground scots.

Yes 50% (-4)
No 50% (+4)

Latest TELEPHONE poll for #Referendum2023 says 50% of the public will vote for independence - and that's BEFORE the campaign for next year's guaranteed referendum even gets underway

Having taught Stats and, in my younger days, help pack union ballet boxes, I am always a bit dubious about opinion polls. Plus, like most folk south of the border, I don't give a toss one way or another about Scottish Independence. Come Der Tag, we will still be buying their whisky and they will still lose at the rugby, so no change there.

That said, I reckon that the Nats main problem is enthusiasm. Right now they are on a roll; the Crann Tara is being paraded through the streets of Govan and Dougie Ross is cowering underneath his bed and terrified that Morayloon will come calling.

But I reckon that the Nats have reached peak rage. What they have now is as good as it can get. The numbers will start to fall and come autumn 2023 Wee Krankie will lead her troops into glorious defeat and then start preparing for Indy3
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Yes 50% (-4)
No 50% (+4)

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!