Tragedy if kamala harris won presidency

Started by Thomas, March 13, 2022, 10:38:44 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I have read somewhere when she was elected that she has an unfortunate 'tic' of laughing loudly when confronted with a serious/difficult situation. Not a very good reference for someone in her position but it apparently comes from nerves. I can't imagine how she got the job although if true I have some sympathy.

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on March 13, 2022, 11:00:11 PM
I don't know how she got to be vice president. Seems a bit thick to me, so it must have been something else that got her there.

Has she decided to bomb Iran back yet, after yesterday's rocket attack on their base in Iraq? (Eyerack in America). No, thought not.
The USA had a collective brain burp ,a covid infused hic-up and a fear of internal racial division under Trump . Biden /Harris was a cheap sticking plaster that has failed to stick at home and abroad . Trump had his faults  but these two muppets have taken the missmanagment of the US to another level .

Barry

I don't know how she got to be vice president. Seems a bit thick to me, so it must have been something else that got her there.

Has she decided to bomb Iran back yet, after yesterday's rocket attack on their base in Iraq? (Eyerack in America). No, thought not.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 07:45:22 PM
A few more of them needed to be asking themselves that during 4 years of Trump. Compared to him almost anyone is an improvement. 
I would agree , the almost anyone doesnt include Biden or Harris though . 

As numerous posters on here have mentioned previously its a sad state of play that they dont seem to be able to attract the right  standard of candidates . Its probably the money it takes to get elected ,only rich idiots or political jokes need apply .

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 07:49:23 PMOff subject slightly , can you tell me what the link is between the new labour party , especially blairites , and the american democrats?
To be honest I am no expert on the subject either. But what they seem to have in common is a belief that they must govern from the supposed centre and that those to the left of them are internal and external opponents. They seen utterly convinced of the fact that it is supposedly impossible to win from the left. But these are all just impressions. I have no greater knowledge on the matter.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2022, 07:45:22 PM
A few more of them needed to be asking themselves that during 4 years of Trump. Compared to him almost anyone is an improvement. The only reason Biden and Harris won was because they were the anti-Trump candidates. Had they been up against a more competent and intelligent, more dignified and principled and more statesman-like opponent they'd have been slaughtered.

Almost any other US president that there has ever been would have defeated Biden at the time. But Trump was too atrocious for too many Americans, especially the more intelligent ones, for them to do anything other than vote for the only candidate that could defeat him.

It was a triumph of intelligence over stupidity, yet in no way really an endorsement of Biden either - as the polls are now showing all too clearly.

The idiot vote might be back in force in 2024, so we could yet see Trump back in office, sowing more division and discord as he panders to every kind of bigot America is capable of producing.
I said many a time , a nation that spans a continent of 330 million souls but can only produce the likes of clinton biden and trump for a few examples as candidates for leaders shows how badly wrong the american system is.

Off subject slightly , can you tell me what the link is between the new labour party , especially blairites , and the american democrats?

Something i have long been meaning to have a look into but have never got around to it.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2022, 11:02:45 AM
Or more properly "what have we done!?"  seems to be the cry.
A few more of them needed to be asking themselves that during 4 years of Trump. Compared to him almost anyone is an improvement. The only reason Biden and Harris won was because they were the anti-Trump candidates. Had they been up against a more competent and intelligent, more dignified and principled and more statesman-like opponent they'd have been slaughtered.

Almost any other US president that there has ever been would have defeated Biden at the time. But Trump was too atrocious for too many Americans, especially the more intelligent ones, for them to do anything other than vote for the only candidate that could defeat him.

It was a triumph of intelligence over stupidity, yet in no way really an endorsement of Biden either - as the polls are now showing all too clearly.

The idiot vote might be back in force in 2024, so we could yet see Trump back in office, sowing more division and discord as he panders to every kind of bigot America is capable of producing.

Streetwalker

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 13, 2022, 10:58:02 AM

What have I misunderstood ?
From what im reading about yank politics , many americans are asking themselves that same question.

Or more properly "what have we done!?"  seems to be the cry.

Seems to be very very poorly regarded.

johnofgwent

Hang on, I thought the whole idea was to have Biden declared demented and hand her the red button

What have I misunderstood ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

After seeing Vice President Kamala Harris laugh during a press conference in Poland when asked about Ukrainian refugees, Iuliia Mendel, former press secretary to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, tweeted it would be a "tragedy" if she were ever elected president.

Mendel quickly deleted the tweet, the Daily Mail reported, but she was far from the only critic of the vice president whose penchant for nervous laughter at inappropriate times has provided cringeworthy moments in the past — as well as fodder for her political opponents.

"It would be a tragedy if this woman won the presidency," read Mendel's tweet, which can still be read on screen grabs. She served as Zelenskyy's press secretary from June 2019 until July 2021.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/poland-refugees/2022/03/10/id/1060662/