Tory cost of living crises across UK

Started by Thomas, March 14, 2022, 08:25:33 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 14, 2022, 10:51:55 AM
Ok I'll repeat what I put in the other thread before I saw this one

This isn't a "Tory Cost Of Living" crisis in the same way Thatcher ideologically engineered the unemployment crisis to help her banker and stockbroker pals at the expense of the working men she absolutely hated.

This is a cost of living crisis that has occurred on the Tories watch but Labour have no policy or inclination to cure.

n fact the causes you mention are not ones Labour showed any great interest in fixing when last in power, and indeed enjoyed causing an exacerbation of with their immigration policy which was designed to destroy the identity of Britain by any means possible.

If you want to argue that the "labour" party that was in power then is not the one seeking power now, I point you to Steve's assessment of Starmer, and I would also strongly suggest the Corbynista element would make it worse with their policy in free music cement and immigration which would make the housing shortage even more grotesque.
not sure i fully agree john.

While many factors as we know contribute to cost of living  , much of it outwith government control , and due to global issues in many instances , the tories in your parliament are starting to come in for some sever flak becasue if the cost of living increases.

I follow john redmond on twitter , and he has been absolutely scathing on johnson and sunaks tax increases , green agenda and much more  , and lays the blame for not mitigating many of the price increases directly at the current governments door.

For example , on energy , while macron capped price rises for french consumers at 4 % , the tories did little to alleviate price rises going as much as 54 % for uk consumers. Remember energy is not devolved , you cant blame drakeford or sturgeon.

Im fully in agreement with you regarding labour as you know. Whatever the problem , keir starmer and his party arent the cure .

We had gordon brown yesterday in scotland with and article in the  daily redcoat trying and failing to blame the snp for tory cost of living crises , to much ridicule.

He all but inderiectly admitted taht despite lying to us in 2014 regarding leaving the uk and poverty increases for scots becuase of it , its now the fault of staying in the uk . I think the snp and alba must love everytime gordon brown makes an intervention in scot politics.......the support for yes goes up another notch.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 14, 2022, 10:51:55 AMdestroy the identity of Britain by any means possible.
You will have nothing and you will be happy. Not even an identity.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Ok I'll repeat what I put in the other thread before I saw this one 

This isn't a "Tory Cost Of Living" crisis in the same way Thatcher ideologically engineered the unemployment crisis to help her banker and stockbroker pals at the expense of the working men she absolutely hated.

This is a cost of living crisis that has occurred on the Tories watch but Labour have no policy or inclination to cure.

n fact the causes you mention are not ones Labour showed any great interest in fixing when last in power, and indeed enjoyed causing an exacerbation of with their immigration policy which was designed to destroy the identity of Britain by any means possible.

If you want to argue that the "labour" party that was in power then is not the one seeking power now, I point you to Steve's assessment of Starmer, and I would also strongly suggest the Corbynista element would make it worse with their policy in free music cement and immigration which would make the housing shortage even more grotesque.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Sharpest decline in income since 1970s

The average privately renting household spent 42% of their post-tax income, equating to around £13,560, on rent last year, according to analysis by an estate and letting agent.
Hamptons said this was the highest proportion of income going on rent typically since its records started in 2010.
With household bills added, the average tenant household spent 52% of their post-tax income on bills including gas, electricity, council tax, broadband and TV licences and rent last year, Hamptons estimates, adding up to £16,910 typically.
The findings were released at a time of a deepening cost of living crisis, with bills such as energy, food and petrol on the increase.
Some reports have suggested Britain is potentially facing the sharpest decline in real incomes since the 1970s.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/households-saw-nearly-17000-swallowed-up-by-rent-and-bills-in-2021-research/246618

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!