Russia is doomed.

Started by Nick, March 14, 2022, 03:24:39 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on March 15, 2022, 08:32:50 AM
This is a thread started on a false premise and wildly exaggerated hypothetical claims.

Thomas, you can't say that, you're not the purveyor of all that's true. You can say in your opinion it's false, but that doesn't make it false. 

Russia was a poor country before these sanctions and is certainly going to be even poorer now. They're going to, if not already defaulting on their loans as they have no dollars and no means to exchange Rubles with the banking system frozen. 

Take a look at the flight IATA routes, nothing in or out for Russia except from a few ex soviet states, India and China. 

Nobody said they wouldn't survive, but they (meaning the people and businesses of Russia) are in a world of pain and will be for a long time to come.  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on March 15, 2022, 11:40:16 AM
The record for sanctions anywhere is pretty dire

My uncle made a pretty penny from it. As chief engineer on a Saudi Arabian bulk freighter.

As the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly say, "war is good for business"
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on March 15, 2022, 08:32:50 AM
This is a thread started on a false premise and wildly exaggerated hypothetical claims.

Worldwide sanctions to me reads american sanctions and their underlings , and what is the record for american sanctions around the world to date?

Venezeula , iran , north korea to name but a few over the years. Last i heard regarding venezeula , the biden adminisntration is now over talking to the president of venezeula they tried to depose , with an american begging bowl asking for oil. North korea and iran still going strong.

with 6.5 billion of the worlds 8 billion popualtion living in countries that dont support the western narrative somehow in my humble opinion i think russia is going to survive.

I wonder if the same people currently championing western sanctions on russia were calling for similar on the USA when joe biden and his fellow irish american IRA supporters were raising billions for the provos in north america for the IRA to bomb northern ireland and engerlund? ::)

The record for sanctions anywhere is pretty dire.

Right now the Russians are in the middle of a minor scuffle with a bordering state and they aren't going to be put off because the car dealers have put a few quid on the price of imported UK motors. And for what it is worth, the rouble, while still taking a hiding, has started to climb again.

The only way to win a war is to put boots on the ground, and there is no sign that the West will do that.

I strongly object to wars and think that the best place for armies is in garrison towns where they the squaddies can get drunk and knock shit out of each other, but there is not much we can do about this one.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 14, 2022, 03:49:57 PM
Ok. Sticking to your script then.

Here is my 2p worth.

Within the next 11 months Eastern Europeans in the EU will start to freeze to death and Putin will be forgiven as the cost of them not freezing to death in a world where coal cannot be sold to the public because it would be too non green to do so.

Given the choice of rehabilitating Putin or annoying Greta, the ass holes in government will rehabilitate Putin so as to continue their green credentials bullshit.

Worldwide sanctions to me reads american sanctions and their underlings , and what is the record for american sanctions around the world to date?

Venezeula , iran , north korea to name but a few over the years. Last i heard regarding venezeula , the biden adminisntration is now over talking to the president of venezeula they tried to depose , with an american begging bowl asking for oil. North korea and iran still going strong.

with 6.5 billion of the worlds 8 billion popualtion living in countries that dont support the western narrative somehow in my humble opinion i think russia is going to survive.

I wonder if the same people currently championing western sanctions on russia were calling for similar on the USA when joe biden and his fellow irish american IRA supporters were raising billions for the provos in north america for the IRA to bomb northern ireland and engerlund? ::)
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on March 14, 2022, 03:24:39 PM
Whatever happens in Ukraine from now onwards Russia is doomed to be in the wilderness for decades unless Putin is removed and replaced with a leader seen to be inclusive. China could help Russia economically but they would too be hit with worldwide sanctions and that would hurt their intention of being #1.

This is not about war, invasion or any of that stuff, it's about Russia's economy so please stick to the OP. Thanks.
Ok. Sticking to your script then.

Here is my 2p worth. 

Within the next 11 months Eastern Europeans in the EU will start to freeze to death and Putin will be forgiven as the cost of them not freezing to death in a world where coal cannot be sold to the public because it would be too non green to do so.

Given the choice of rehabilitating Putin or annoying Greta, the ass holes in government will rehabilitate Putin so as to continue their green credentials bullshit.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Whatever happens in Ukraine from now onwards Russia is doomed to be in the wilderness for decades unless Putin is removed and replaced with a leader seen to be inclusive. China could help Russia economically but they would too be hit with worldwide sanctions and that would hurt their intention of being #1. 

This is not about war, invasion or any of that stuff, it's about Russia's economy so please stick to the OP. Thanks. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.